Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Furvus Cruor by Scheherazade

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mum & Dad,

I don't know how to say this exactly, but today, a strange man came to visit me. At first, I thought he was another doctor sent here by Mrs. Cole, but he wasn’t... he was a wizard! He told me that I am a wizard, too! At first, I wasn't sure what to think, or if I even believed him. He seemed kind of weird.

After a moment of him explaining it to me, the whole idea finally started to sink in. Me, a wizard. I am special, it seems. More special than the other children here. I always knew that, though. The man who told me all this seemed concerned about the way I learned how to make the other children feel pain, or how I can make their animals do things at my command. Still, I don't care what he thinks. The other children deserved what they got anyway... especially stupid Billy Stubbs and his brainless pet rabbit. Luckily, Mrs. Cole can’t place the blame on me for hanging his rabbit. Besides, I didn’t actually hang the dreadful thing from the rafters. It hung itself.

I demanded to see proof from this man to see if he was telling me the truth. I hate it when people lie to me, and I know when they do, but I couldn! te t read this man who called himself Dumb-bell-door. I can’t spell his stupid name, but he waved something he called a wand and made my dresser catch fire! Once he put the fire out, the drawer inside my dresser began to shake violently. Dumb-bell-door made me take my drawer out, and empty all the things I had taken from the other children, and give them back.

I didn’t want to, but he was very pushy, so I had to.

However, he said that before I can go enter the wizarding world, I have to learn to abide by their rules. Shouldn’t be a problem, I think. I can always charm them, if need be. And in order for me to go to Hogwarts, I have to buy my school supplies with a trust fund set up for other students that are poor like me. He offered to come along to help me, but I can take care of myself and flatly told him so. I’ve done everything for myself already. Why should this time be any different?

Magic sounds really exciting to learn. I can't wait to discover more about my abilities. Maybe this is wrong of me to say, but learning magic may be the key to having the other children stop thinking I'm a freak - if they all fear me more than they already do now, such as Amy Benson and Denis Bishop. They’re too scared to tell Mrs. Cole about what happened last year at the cave. It never would have gone as far as it did had Amy just admitted she liked me back. But no, she had to be stubborn about it, and stupid Denis had to laugh at me over it.

They both paid dearly for it, suffering from the worst nightmares I could give them. And how they screamed. It was a good thing we were so far away from the others so they couldn't hear... or help. Suffice it to say, Amy and Denis haven’t been the same since that trip.

It will be a relief to finally get away from here as Mrs. Cole is always having these stupid doctors examine me, poking and prodding, trying to see if I am crazy enough to be sent to the asylum. I hate it when she has these people here. I don’t like them very much, as they make me do all these different tests that I really detest. One time I was forced into a frozen pond in winter. Can you believe that? I was left there for 20 minutes before I could leave, and I got very sick because of it. They’ll pay for that. Believe me.

I hate them all for making me go through these tests, but it will be all better in the end. Dumb-bell-door said I would have to return here for the summer months, but still, three months here pales in comparison to the nine months I’ll be away.

Your son,
Tom Riddle



~*~
August 31st


I’m only a few hours away from arriving at Hogwarts. I’m on the school train, watching as the scenery blurs by me. The trip to Diagon Alley was exciting. I’ve never seen anything like it before in boring old London. There were so many witches and wizards around. I couldn’t help but feel as though I’ve finally found my true home. I deeply wanted to explore everything in this new world, but there wasn’t much time until the school year started, so I was a bit rushed.

The most exciting part of my trip came when I bought my very own wand. Though, the man who sold it to me was a strange old codger. He had these large, round eyes that looked as though someone had squeezed him too hard around the middle. He seemed surprised over the wand I bought, but I didn’t care. I’m happy to just have my own magical device to use.

I - Oh, the lunch trolley is here. I’ll leave and end the letter here. I’m beginning a new life now, so I won’t need you two anymore. Perhaps if you’re still alive, you’ll hear about me one day as I become the best wizard ever.

Sincerely,
Tom Riddle