Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dear Dumby by Oppungo

Printer
Summary: What happens when Dumbledore has his latest "brilliant" idea, to start an advice column, and call it 'Dear Dumby'? Letters from some of our favourite Hogwarts students, some of our not so favourite Hogwarts students, some not even Hogwarts students at all, and, of course, lots of madness!

Pre-HBP for obvious reasons!
Nominee for the Best Humour Award in the Quicksilver Quill Awards! Many thanks to all who voted for it!
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Humor Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 12 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 18182 Viewcount: 49645
Published on: 11/09/05 Updated On: 09/08/06





1. The Notice by Oppungo [ - ] (1442 words)
What happens when Dumbledore has his latest "brilliant" idea, to start an advice column, and call it 'Dear Dumby'? Letters from some of our favourite Hogwarts students, some of our not so favourite Hogwarts students, some not even Hogwarts students at all, and, of course, lots of madness!
2. Dear Dumby - Issue 1 by Oppungo [ - ] (1120 words)
It's the first Issue of 'Dear Dumby', and it's full of problems, (not very good) code-names, denial and some surprising solutions.
3. Headbanging - Not To Be Taken Literally by Oppungo [ - ] (1493 words)
We find out what the effects of the first edition of Dear Dumby are and why ‘new toothbrushes’ are on Harry and Ron’s Christmas Lists.
4. Dear Dumby - Issue 2 by Oppungo [ - ] (1336 words)
In the second edition of Dear Dumby, we hear from people like Slytherin Stud's Supporter and Minister for Magic about topics such as free style water skiing and violating the student code of conduct!
5. Ah, The High Road by Oppungo [ - ] (1394 words)
As Dumby's advice kicks in, Harry has to struggle alone to make something that even slightly resembles a potion, whilst Ron and Hermione are determined to beat each other at who cares about who least and Crabbe strives to prove that he isn't studi - stupid. Also, someone else gets an idea...
6. Dear Dumby - Issue 3 by Oppungo [ - ] (1085 words)
It seems there are still problems in the wizarding world in the third issue of Dear Dumby, although it doesn't seem that certain people have quite mastered the art of subtlety yet.....
7. Care - verb, to be concerned. Apparently not. by Oppungo [ - ] (2058 words)
There's a lot going on in Hogwarts in this chapter; Harry discovers that 'care' seems to have an alternative definition, Left-Handed Lurgy plagues the corridors and the weirdness just won't seem to cease...
8. Dear Dumby- Issue 4 by Oppungo [ - ] (1074 words)
Issue 4 of Dear Dumby holds letters from rapid fans, letters about rapid animals (neither of which are 'Slytherin Stud' or 'Former Slytherin Stud', thank you) and an extremely interesting idea...
9. Late Night Escapades by Oppungo [ - ] (1801 words)
As always, a big thank you to my lovely beta, songbook99!
Who would have thought that so many people would be wondering around in the evening. One would assume, what with the Parent/Teacher Conference Evening taking place, that Hogwarts would be deserted, but then one would be wrong...

10. In The Face Of Adversity… by Oppungo [ - ] (1637 words)
Thanks to my lovely beta, songbook99!
There is a lot of confrontation taking place at Hogwarts in this chapter, as not only are the Parent-Teacher Conferences taking place, but Ron and Hermione are bickering in the dungeons, Harry tries to evade his seemingly inevitable death once again, and Draco strives to get his minions back...

11. Dear Dumby - Issue 5 by Oppungo [ - ] (1619 words)
Many thanks to my lovely beta, songbook99! Also, credit to HarryPotter is my LIFE for coming up with the idea to have Dumbledore write to himself!
In the final issue of Dear Dumby we hear from a few familiar faces as it seems situations have gone from bad to worse - but can Dumby help?

12. The Notice - Part 2 by Oppungo [ - ] (2123 words)
As always, a huge thank you to songbook99 for betaing!