Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Why Do I Love You? by thepatronus_n_thecharm

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Need...more...::gasp::...reviews....must...get...::gasp::...praise...and...::gasp::...support.... OK, you get it. Just review, even if you don’t like it. Give me constructive criticism so I can get better. Oh, and by the way, when you review, please tell me your favorite quote. At the beginning of each chapter, I’ll tell you the number one quote from the previous chapter. OK. Read...and...::gasp::...re...view...::drops unconscious::












Lily glared after James as he raced out of the Great Hall. She hated him, everything about him. From his messy black hair to his shiny glasses. From his love of Quidditch to his last name, she hated him. She was so sick of his pranks and his arrogance and his bragging about his Quidditch skills. ‘So you can shoot the damn Quaffler or whatever it’s called into the hoop?’ she thought. ‘Who cares? Well, maybe almost the entire school, but anyway.’ Now because of him, she had wasted 50 pounds of Muggle money on her hair that he messed up. She had no doubt in her mind that he was going to pay for all the years of pranks he pulled on her. She would”











“Lily!” exclaimed Eryn. She was obviously upset about something. Lily could see it in her eyes. No matter what emotion, her friends could always tell what Eryn was feeling just by looking into her silver-blue eyes.











“What’s wrong?” Lily asked concernedly.











“What’s wrong?! You aren’t listening to anything I’m saying!” she whined.











“She was too busy staring at the back of Potter’s head,” Kelsey smirked.











“And what a fine head he has,” remarked Shannon, moving in her seat to get a better view of James as he left. As she moved, her beautiful hair swayed in motion with her. Shannon’s long wavy brown hair accentuated her pointed chin. She had bright green eyes like Lily’s, but with flecks of gold, blue, and brown. Lily loved how Shannon always understood what was wrong with all of her friends. With her beauty and acting skills, Lily knew she could pass as a movie star.











“Never mind. What I said wasn’t important anyway,” said Eryn, shaking her head of fine blond hair.











As her friends continued their gossiping, Lily watched them and took in their features. She did this often because she was amazed to have such beautiful friends.











Kelsey was probably the biggest tomboy you could ever lay eyes on. She wore her dirty blond hair to just below her ears. During the weekends at Hogwarts, she could often be seen wearing a t-shirt and grungy camo jeans. She was the Beater on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and loved every sport you could think of, even Muggle sports.











Savannah was a quiet 15-yr.-old, with long slender legs and dark brown hair. She loved all animals, especially owls, and owned three dogs, two cats, and an owl. Ever since third year, she had taken Care of Magical Creatures. She loved all her friends, especially Eryn. Her dark brown eyes matched perfectly with her hair. She was all around nice.











Eryn had silver-blue eyes and fine blond hair. She was often considered a snob, but her friends knew better. She could be rude sometimes, but deep down she had a heart of gold. Some people thought that she was a veela; she also had a fiery temper.











“So, Lily, what do you think?” asked Shannon.











“About what?” Lily said, coming back to earth.











Every one rolled their eyes.











“You weren’t paying attention again,” laughed Savannah.











“Sorry, just watching”“











“Potter,” giggled Kelsey. No matter how much of a tomboy Kelsey was, she always had a high, giggling laughter.











“No! I was watching you guys! Gosh, Kels, you’re so assuming,” complained Lily. Sometimes her friends could be so annoying about Potter. For some reason, they thought that Lily and James would make a great couple, even though they hated Potter. No matter how many times Lily denied it, they seemed to think that she really liked James. It was the complete opposite. She hated him. She despised that little arrogant b-











“Lily!” Kelsey gasped. Lily hadn’t realized that she had voiced that last phrase out loud.











“Oh, sorry. Getting caught up in the moment,” she mumbled, barely able to hide her embarrassment. ‘Oops,’ she thought to herself. ‘Got to keep those thoughts in my head.’











“So anyway,” Eryn said with emphasis, as though trying to change the subject. “Lily, we were wondering if you thought Potter ought to receive detention or not.”











“Oh he did receive detention. He downright deserved it, too. I spent 50 pounds of Muggle money just for that do. Well, at least now I’ll be able to fix it with magic now,” she sighed.











“Speaking of magic, who’s ready for lessons tomorrow?” Shannon asked everyone.











No one raised their hand except Lily, who was raising her hand as high as it could go.











“Now there’s the Lily I know,” laughed Kelsey. Everyone else laughed along with her, and Lily couldn’t help but smile. It was good to be back at Hogwarts.











^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^











After they had all had there fill, Dumbledore stood up for his speech. As he stood up, Lily noticed that the auburn that had been in his hair last term had vanished completely. She knew that she shouldn’t be worried about this, because most men Dumbledore’s age had hair like that, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong with Dumbledore.











“Welcome,” he began, “to another year at Hogwarts. I hope you all had your minds nice and emptied so you can have them refilled. I have a few start-of-term announcements. First, I would like to welcome our new Charms teacher, Professor Flitwick. Now, for those of you who don’t know, the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden. Anyone who goes in there will receive a month’s worth of detentions.” Lily smirked and looked at Sirius, who already seemed to be planning to go in there to keep up with his record of detentions.











“Thirdly, Mr. Filch has yet again reminded me, for what he says is the 385th time, that magic is still not allowed in the corridors, and that anyone caught doing magic outside of the classroom will receive a detention. That is all for now. You may go up to rest your minds once more before you have to refill them tomorrow. Good night!”











No matter how glad Lily was that lessons were tomorrow, she knew she needed a full night’s sleep. Lily stood up. Her legs felt like iron lead. She headed up to the common room to relax by the fire before going to bed. In her stupor, Lily barely realized that she had reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. It was then that she realized that she didn’t know the password.











“Lily!” called an all-too-familiar voice. Lily groaned in frustration. ‘Not now,’ she thought as she rolled her eyes.











“Lily. I was looking for you. I know the new password,” James said, gasping for breath.











“Like I care,” Lily sneered. “I’m really not in the moo- wait...you just called me Lily. This is wrong on so many levels.”











“Damn it, I was hoping you wouldn’t notice.”











“Just tell me the password.”











“Alright, it’s Zollie.”











“What kind of password is that?”











“I don’t know. I didn’t make it. Don’t ask me.”











“Fine. Zollie,” Lily said to the Fat Lady.











The portrait opened and Lily climbed in without a backwards glance.











‘What is up with Potter? He’s acting...nice...to me. Eurgh! Just the thought sickens me. Wait a second. Did he say he was looking for me? And that he was hoping I wouldn’t notice that he had called me Lily? Oh, Merlin, no. No. NO! He wouldn’t. He couldn’t.... Could he?’