Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter: the Musical? by kaammini_the_kreacher

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I wish I was JKR but unfortunately I am no where near as much of a genius as she is! JKR rocks!!!

“Harry, what is this?” Hermione grumbled from the couch, opposite a young, raven-haired boy with an obvious scar on his forehead. “It looks like… music…with my name on it! Please explain…”

Harry shrugged, not wanting to tell Hermione exactly what they had been doing in Ron’s room the endless times he had stayed at the Burrow. He gave Hermione a pleading look but she simply glared at him. Inevitably, he gave in almost immediately.

“Well, you know my life, right? Ron and I were discussing it one day and figured that someone would eventually want to write a book about it. We thought about this someone and figured that if they were anything like how we imagine, the book would involve random pygmy puffs called Arnold and Fred’s right buttocks.”

“Left, Harry, left,” Hermione interjected. Harry scarcely raised an eyebrow and continued.

“We just thought that writing it ourselves would make it more…well…accurate, I suppose. Not that we would want to include finer details like kisses or anything, it’s just that “ “

“Harry James Potter, how could you…not tell me?! I think that’s a brilliant idea, the whole story thing and a musical?! Such… such-”

“Rubbish! Harry, dear, it’s your turn to take out the rubbish,” Mrs Weasley called from the kitchen. Ron found it very amusing that Harry now had to do household chores because he was staying in the Burrow so often.

“I’m on it. I mean not literally or anything, I’m just working on it. I mean not like I’m writing with my quill on it or anything….well, you know what I mean.” Harry lethargically left his seat and went to Mrs Weasley. Harry was the only one, aside from Ginny, who was not of age and could not magically transport the rubbish to wherever it was meant to go. While he was gone, Ron marched to the living-room, where Hermione was sitting alone reading Gilderoy Lockhart’s autobiography ‘Magical Me’ for only the 486th time in her life.

“Hermione, you know Lockhart, he was the idiot who took my wand and tried to tamper with Harry and my memories. You can’t possibly want to read that-” Ron was interrupted by the explosion coming from Fred and George’s room, seemingly related to their successful joke shop. He sighed as Harry strode in to the room with a rather urgent look on his face.

“Fred and George gave me some U-No-Poo again! That’s the third time this week, I don’t think they seem to realise how much I am actually willing to hex them. That stuff’s deadly!” Harry’s eyes gazed from Ron to Hermione and then to the sheet of parchment on which the musical was written.

“Are you okay, Harry?” Ron questioned, because Harry suddenly wore a smirk uncannily like the one Draco Malfoy was often seen with.

“Yeah…fine. Just wondering, will you guys-” -Hermione added an Umbridge-like hem hem- “guy and girl help me finish my musical? It could be fun. We could write one scene for each year of me being in Hogwarts. We could call the first…Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone…yes…and the second…Harry Potter and the Petrifying Basilisk. Any ideas?”

“In your third year, Harry, you met Sirius for the first time, so how about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? And the second should be called Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets, you know, just a thought,” Hermione exclaimed over-excitedly. Ron suppressed a cough that sounded uncannily like ‘control-freak’.

“I suppose. What about fourth year? That was the year with the Triwizard Tournament,” Harry proposed.

“Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament?” Hermione suggested.

“Nah, that’s too obvious! It should be… Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, that way people won’t guess what’s going to happen,” Ron said, speaking up after a while. Hermione gave him a glare that could have been more powerful then Avada Kedavra.

“I like Ron’s idea,” Harry muttered ever-so-quietly. “And my fifth year should be about the Order…Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, yeah, that’s good. And the sixth...” Harry trailed off.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince or Harry Potter and the Seven Horcruxes?” Hermione recommended. Harry had an expression of disgust on his face.

“I’m not going to approve a book about me that has that traitor’s name plastered over the front cover!” Harry shouted, his anger getting the better of him. His friends exchanged a knowing glance and sighed.

“But it has this… suspense to it, mystery. People will want to know who this Half-Blood Prince really is! I really think it should be that one, don’t you, Ronald?” Hermione shot Ron a harsh look saying that if he didn’t agree, she would hex him.

“Yeah, what Hermione said,” Ron whimpered.

“Fine, then. Considering I haven’t had my seventh year yet we won’t predict what will happen. That’s the titles sorted out. Wait, we can base each story on a muggle song. Something that will suit each storyline,” Harry became eager.

“And I can help find you songs. I can use the internet at home!” Hermione added.

“And I can write the story lines, I mean nobody knows me better than me!” Harry bounced up and down in his chair in excitement.

“And I can check it. I’m sure you’ll admit that you’re not the most avid of spellers.” Hermione said.

“And you can use the spell-checking quill that Fred and George gave me,” Ron offered, feeling slightly lost in this conversation that was seemingly about something educational. Hermione chose to ignore him while Harry mumbled Roonil Wazlib under his breath.

“We could do it this holiday. The three of us. Maybe Ginny if she wanted to.”

“I could make a timetable of what we can do each day.”

“I’ll start collecting information, you know, remembering my doings.”

“And I’ll make a daily routine for each of us. You be the writer, I’ll be the editor and Ron…you can do props.”

“And we could perform it at Bill and Fleur’s wedding!” Ron got a bit carried away. He promptly received two raised eyebrows and shrugged in his seat. “Just an idea,” he muttered, “just an idea.”

A/N: Hello! For this story I would like to thank my sister IcklePeevsie for reading it and not critising it too much. She also helped my add some funny flavouring so I hope you enjoyed it because I enjoyed writing it. Please review because I really want to read what all of you honestly think. Thank you ;)