Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

House of Leaves by elegantlytwisted

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Isabella’s eyes fluttered open in the early morning , her curtains opened a crack, the sun was just getting ready to rise. She sat up and yawned, rubbing her head as she did so. Draco was still sleeping on the couch in her room. Last night had been one hell of a ride. Harry had admitted that he still loved her, yet she couldn’t bring herself to tell him the same thing. She was crazy about him. He consumed her every thought of every waking moment of every single day.

She stood up, being as quiet as she could she tip toed out of the room. She knew it was damn early, maybe just after 5 am, but she also knew Harry would be alone. Trisha had been leaving at 4 am every morning to go work at the Ministry, apparently things had been quite hectic in the department of finance. It was wrong what she was about to do, but she couldn’t help herself.

She stealthily walked up two flights of stairs, walked down a hallway and come to the third door on the right. Harry’s room. She held her breath as she slowly twisted the door handle and stepped into the room, gently closing the door behind her. His room was still dark, but she could see the outline of his body still fast asleep in his bed. Best part was that he was alone, just as she knew he would be.

She walked over to his bed and sat down beside him, her hand reaching up and stroking the side of his face softly. As he began to stir, she watched him in awe. He was amazing. He was the only person she knew who could look so tough and yet so innocent while they slept. She felt content while next to him, like nothing could ever harm her or hurt her again.

She leaned down and whispered in his ear. “I still love you.”

Harry’s eyes shot open at once and his eyes locked on hers. “What did you say?” he asked in a horse voice.

She kept her eyes on his, not breaking the gaze. “I love you,” she repeated.

Without words he reached up and pulled her chin gently towards him and kissed her softly. His lips only brushed hers and he heard her whimper slightly. He deepened the kiss, the tip of his tongue teasing her closed lips. She opened her mouth slightly, inviting his tongue to play against hers. His hands were on her legs and sliding upwards, grabbing the hem of her shirt and only breaking the kiss to pull it up over her head.

His eyes roamed over her body and then back to her eyes. “What are we doing?” he asked suddenly.

“What’s right. We belong together and if I have to spend everyday making up for walking out then I’ll do it. I‘m so sorry for everything I‘ve done and haven‘t done.”

“Forgiven,” he smiled a bit and pulled her down again, their lips locking once more. She reached down and slid off his boxers, their now naked bodies pressing against each other. Hands roamed, tongues met. Both lost with in each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“But I have to go to work....” Harry sighed, pulling himself out of bed with regret.

“You can fake your sick and stay here with me,” Isabella sat up, Harry’s sheets wrapped around her naked body.

He leaned down after pulling on a clean pair of boxers and kissed her forehead. “You know I’d love to. But this is a huge case and I need to be there.” She smiled at him and he raised his eyebrows. “What?” he asked.

“Nothing... ok well, it’s just I’m proud of you. You proven yourself as big shot Auror. So yeah, I’m just proud.”

He smiled back and finished pulling on his clothes. “Thanks,” he said. He attempted to straighten his trade mark hair, but soon gave up. “So tonight when I get home from work it’s going to happen.”

She nodded. “Yep... tonight. I can’t wait,” they kissed goodbye and Harry took off down the stairs to head for work.

After about ten more minutes of laying around, Isabella got redressed in her pajama’s and headed back up to her room. When she opened the door, Draco was just coming out of the bathroom wearing nothing more than a small white towel. Their eyes met and she quickly turned her back.

“Sorry!” She called out, a grin spreading on her face. She wasn’t going to deny it, he had an amazing body.

“It’s ok. Where were you? Why do you look so... so happy?” Draco asked, confusion in his voice.

“I was getting a snack. I woke up early and couldn’t get back to sleep,” she said without missing a beat.

“O...kay...” Draco said, obviously not believing her. “I’m decent. You can turn around now.”

When she turned back around he was just finishing putting on a dress shirt. She walked over to her bed and sat down on it, watching him comb his hair and then pull out his wand to get out the rest of the creases in his pants, shirt and robe. She began to feel a little guilty. Since she had gotten home she had been getting closer and close to Draco and now she was going to end whatever budding relationship they had. He genuinely seemed like he wanted to be with her, she just hoped he understood.

“Going somewhere?” she finally asked.

He turned to her and nodded. “Yeah, have a few meetings down at the Ministry. I’ll be home for dinner though,” he said. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. “See you later.”

She nodded. “Bye.”

A wave of loneliness washed over her. The house was silent again and she started to freak out. What if she heard those strange noises again or see her parents again. She wished her friends didn’t have to work so much, and even more so she wished they were her friends again.

She found herself scrambling to get dressed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt and then she found herself running down the stairs as fast as she could. She’d find Dobby and spend the day with him. Maybe she wasn’t so alone after all. When she reached the main floor, something in the living room caught her eye.

“Hey! You two are home,” Isabella smiled, stepping into the living room and standing in front of Ron and Hermione.

Both Ron and Hermione stopped talking to each other and stared at her, a little fear in both their eyes.

“Yes... day off,” Ron finally answered. “Um... you’re not going to yell at us are you?”

Izzy shook her head and sat on the coffee table in front of them. “No... not at all. I’m so sorry for how I reacted. I could list off about a million excuses, but none would justify my behavior.”

Ron blinked and Hermione’s mouth hung open a little. Finally Hermione jumped up and hugged Isabella.

“Does that mean I’m forgiven?” she asked with a laugh.

“Yes! Yes! Of course. Ronald and I are sorry too. You’re our friend and we should have stuck beside you no matter what,” Hermione pulled back a little and smiled at her friend.

“So come on. Out with it. Why are you all smiles?” Ron asked as Hermione sat back down next to him and Izzy sat on the table again.

She silently grinned like a fool for a moment, but could no longer contain herself. “Harry and I are getting back together!”

“What!?!” Ron’s booming voice over powered Hermione’s shriek.

Izzy nodded, her smile widening as Ron and Hermione beamed back at her. Nothing more needed to be said. The looks on her friends faces told the whole story. Things were beginning to fall back into place and were becoming right again.

“I feel semi guilty though... cause I kinda went into his room this morning and he and I kinda slept together...”

Hermione opened her mouth to say something, when the living room door creaked. All three looked at each other and then at the door. Isabella’s heart was pounding; it was happening again, except this time she had witnesses. She stood up, walked slowly over to the door, braced herself and then swung it open. No one was there.

“Must have been the wind,” she muttered out loud. She turned back to her friends and smiled again. “Who’s up for my world famous pancakes?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What had seemed like a silent gust was not was it seemed. Trisha had been standing behind the door and had heard every single word that was said. She had nearly gotten herself caught too when she leaned on the door and it creaked. She had quickly apparated back to the ministry and hid herself away in her office.

“So... you think you’ve gotten my man back?” Trisha muttered to herself, while staring at a picture of Isabella in Witch Weekly. “Little Miss Perfect wins again? I think NOT!” She ripped the picture in two and then stood up.

No, she wasn’t about to let Isabella win. She was going to fight for Harry and she was going to fight dirty. She spent the rest of her day concocting a plan that would insure she’d have Harry for the rest of their lives and leave Isabella miserable and alone. She deserved to be miserable and alone.

“I’ve worked too hard to make him forget about you... too hard,” Trisha sat wide eyed and alone in her office, a smile playing on her lips.

Finally at around four pm that day, she packed up her things and apparated back into the kitchen of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. She put on her usual perky smile as she saw the residence of the house were gathered around the kitchen table. She felt a stab of jealousy as she saw Isabella sitting next to Harry.

“Hi!” She said brightly, walking over to Harry, leaning down and planting a kiss on his lips. “I missed you sooooo much today, Harry!”
“Listen... Trisha, we need to talk...” Harry said, sounding serious and none too enthused about the talk they were about to have.

“Yes, we do. I have the most amazing news to share with everyone!.”

“Oh boy...” Isabella muttered while rolling her eyes.

“Right... well you and I have had a good thing...relationship together, but I think now it’s time to....”

“Oh, Harry... I know, I love you too,” Trisha cut him off.

“You’re not listening to me, I haven’t finished,” Harry replied.

“And she’s not going to, yappy little thing aren’t you, Trisha?” Izzy interrupted this time.

“And you’re miserable and jealous,” she replied sweetly.

“Jealous?” Izzy snorted. “Of what?”

“My wonderful news! Harry, we’re having a baby!”

“WHAT!?!” Both Harry and Isabella yelled at the same time. Trisha tried her best to keep a smug look off her face as she caught sight of the look of horror on Isabella’s face.

“I know, it was a surprise to me too. But it’s so wonderful! We’re going to be so happy, Harry, aren’t we?”

“I’m shocked right now, Trisha. To be perfectly honest I wasn’t expecting this,” Harry rubbed his face with his hands, as though he was trying to have it all make sense. He looked up at her.

“Harry... nooo...” Isabella looked a him and then kneeled in front of him. “Please no.”

Harry glanced at Isabella and looked her in the eyes. “I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I never meant for this to happen.”

Trish stared blankly at the two of them, but then shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. “Aren’t you happy, Harry?” she asked.

“I guess we’ll need to get married,” he said, avoiding Izzy’s eyes.

“No. No no no no... this is all I dream. Harry, you can’t,” Isabella pleaded in a low voice.

“I’m sorry...Izzy, I have to,” he whispered in a horse, strained voice.

“Is there something going on I should know about?” Trisha asked.

“Nothing,” Isabella snapped, standing up and turning to leave the kitchen. Her sadness appeared to have vanished and in it’s wake left an angry, bitter woman. Draco was just walking in as she was barging out. He caught her by her shoulders, her whole body shaking. Maybe from rage or maybe from something more. Either way her whole world was shattered.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, a genuine look of concern on his face.

“Let’s go.... now... somewhere,” she took his hand and pulled him from the kitchen.

Trisha was beaming inside. Victory was hers. He glanced at Harry, he looked miserable and defeated and heart broken. She didn’t care though, soon he would come to love her as she loved him and he’d realize they were meant to be together. He’d soon learn that he wouldn’t live without her and he’d forget he had ever met Isabella Black.