Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

House of Leaves by elegantlytwisted

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: AHH! It's been soooooooooo long since I updated. I have no excuse, I got lazy. Sorry!
The rain poured down in sheets for days on end and it didn’t help to lift the black mood that hung over Grimmauld Place. Darkness seeped out of every doorway and every wall, infecting everyone who got in it’s way. Even with the lights on, fires burning in the fire places, and the weak smiles from Ron and Hermione, nothing would ever make the house bright again.

The scene looked extremely familiar to Isabella. She once again sat on her window ledge and stared outside. It was midday, but since the weather was so dreary it was already dark out. Tears were rolling silently down her cheeks and her whole body ached. What ached the most was her heart. In the past week she felt like it had been placed back in her chest only to be ripped out and stomped on repeatedly.

A heavy sigh heaved from her chest and she watched the rain stream down the window and hit the pavement on the street below. The pitter patter of the rain on the roof was the only noise with in the dreary house. Something stirred, but she paid no attention.

“Another gloomy Sunday,” Draco announced from Isabella’s doorway.

She jumped a little as the voice cut through the silence. She quickly straightened up and wiped her remaining tears away. “Yeah.... it sure is.” It was weak, but she had no more words in her.

He came over and sat on the ledge with her, wrapping his arms around her. She relaxed into them, leaning her head back onto his chest. He seemed to be her only source of comfort these days and the more time she spend with him the more confused she got. He treated her like a goddess. He deserved to be more than just someone's rebound, which she felt like he was these days. But deep down there were real feelings fighting their way to the surface.

“You should come downstairs... to the kitchen and get something to eat. Dobby can make something,” Draco suggested, stroking Isabella’s long, dark hair.

“Not hungry.”

“Will’s home.”

“Ok...” Izzy untangled herself from Draco’s arms and took off the stairs and flew into the kitchen.

“So then she says to me...” Will was caught off guard by his sister swooping into the room and smiling at him. He had been gone for a week and a half on a business trip. He was partners with Fred and George and the three of them together had built an empire beyond everyone's expectations.

“You didn’t come and say hi to me,” Izzy said, still smiling.
“Sorry... blame Fred and George. They apparently heard I hooked up with a right cute bird while on my trip so I was being asked about it,” Will replied, sounding rather proud of himself.

“Hmm... so talking about sex is much more important than saying hello to your baby sister. Typical male.”

They weren’t alone in the kitchen. Gathered around the table was of course Will, Fred and George as well as Harry, Ron, Hermione and now Draco of course, ever faithful at being at Isabella‘s side. Things felt relaxed and comfortable for the first time in days. Most likely because Trisha wasn’t there to ruin the upbeat mood.

“Well sometimes, yes. Why ruin a good memory by seeing the face of my innocent sister?”

“Innocent... yeah, that’s me alright.” Isabella took a seat next to Hermione at the table and the two girls glanced at each other, smirks on their faces.

“Let’s play a little game...” Will raised his eyebrows up and down, a grin on his face.

“What kind of game?” Only Harry had the guts to ask him.

“Since we’re talking about sex already we can call this game “Questions”. Were we ask questions about each others conquests.”

“Gross! I do NOT want to know what you’ve done, William,” Isabella scoffed.

“Oh come on Izzy... you were abroad for two years. A young, single and attractive model. You cannot tell me you were celibate for two years. I know you‘re not that much of a prude”

“How would you know? You remember school, right? I was always called a prude,” Isabella shot back at him.

“Well, there was weekend with Oliver Wood,” Fred piped up.

“FRED!” Isabella’s cheeks flushed.

“And don’t forget about the time with Fred...”

“GEORGE!”

This time the room went silent and Isabella covered her face. Fred smirked as he saw the envious look written all over Draco’s face. His smirk soon died when he saw the murderous looks on Will and Harry’s faced.

“What? You‘re not serious, right?” Will asked.

“Er.... yeah. Oliver and I were in Dublin the same weekend and he’s hot so.... we spent a weekend together as Fred said,” Isabella said, trying to conceal her amusement.

“And what about Fred?” Draco asked, using every ounce of energy in his body to remain calm, but he was still shaking from rage.

Isabella glanced at Fred and they both laughed nervously. “Yeah... him too. It was nothing.”

“Oh my god! I seriously hate you right now, Fred. You did my sister. Nice.”

“Oh come on, William. You asked. Maybe this wasn’t a good idea cause now friends are going to hate friends and I’m looking more and more like a slut,” Izzy pouted.

“Three men doesn’t make you a slut, Izzy,” Hermione said, coming to Isabella’s defense like a true friend. “But I was wondering... how was Oliver.”

“’Mione!” Ron exclaimed, sounding hurt.

By this time the whole ludicrous situation had everyone in a fit of giggles, even Draco, Harry and Will had to laugh despite themselves.

“If you must know I was a little disappointed. You figure cause he’s a big, strong Quidditch player he has to have lots of stamina, right? Wrong. But then I figured it was just an off night for him maybe, since it was after a game and all, so I gave it another shot the next night... and no... still disappointed.”

“Right... well thanks for the analysis and details. A simple “he sucked” would have sufficed,” Hermione laughed.

“I’ll never look at Oliver the same way again,” Fred shook his head. “So, um, Izzy, how was I?”

Isabella put her head in her hands and groaned. “Fred! Please, please don’t drag me into this situation. Next thing we know Harry will be asking me how he was too.” Although she sounded distraught, a smile still lingered on her lips.

“Naw, I’m not going to ask you that Izzy, we were with each other for three years, I know enough. Draco, aren’t you going to ask her that too? Oh, right, my bad, you haven’t had her.”

And with Harry’s few words the room went silent and the upbeat mood was broken. Izzy shifted her eyes to glance at Draco and his face was bright red with anger and embarrassment. How is it that Fred managed to get her in bed but not him? He was Draco Malfoy. Everyone wanted him.

“Harry, you prat,” Isabella hissed as Draco got up to leave the kitchen.

“What? Why are you mad? You should be happy you haven’t slept with him, Merlin knows what you’d catch with all the trash he’s been with.”

“That’s not the point Harry. You don’t hear me goading your precious Trisha on. When are you going to learn to watch that mouth of yours?” With that, Izzy stood up and turned to walk away from the table to go find Draco.

Harry was up just as quickly and grabbed her waist, turning her around, pelvis to pelvis, eyes locked on eyes. “Don’t go running after him, he’s not worth it.”

“That’s not for you to decide.” She put her hands on his shoulders so she could push herself away from him, but she couldn’t do it. She didn’t want to be away from him.

“You deserve better. Someone who’s not going to use you, someone who loves you for everything that you are. How your nostrils flare ever so slightly when you’re upset or stressed. How you pout when things don’t go your way. How you snort on occasion when laughing hard. Someone who knows your dreams and you fears and who can wipe your tears away when you’re sad,” Harry said, genuine love and concern written all over his face and in his voice.

“You. You’re who I need and who I want but I can never have that. Never. So I need to move on and I need to try and get over you. I’m to blame for this. I should have never walked out on you. If I hadn't it could have been me having your baby instead of that...”

The kitchen door swung open and Trisha walked in, her eyes set in fury as she saw Harry holding Isabella so tenderly in his arms and her hands resting against his shoulders, their eyes locked in a gaze. “What the hell is going on in here?” Trisha snapped.

“Nothing,” Isabella pulled away from Harry.

“You’re a liar, you know that? Ever since you’ve been back you’ve been trying to come between us. Meddling in our relationship and flaunting your perfect body in his face, doing all the things that attracted him to you in the first place. But let me tell you something Isabella Black, nothing will come between Harry and me anymore. I’m carrying his child, a bond that cannot be broken by a deceiving whore like YOU!.”

The silence was so clear that you could have heard a pin drop. Instead of taking the bait and yelling back at Trisha, Isabella just smiled, a sweet and innocent yet evil smile. “Yes, and how convenient. On the very day Harry is going to kick your sorry ass to the curb you announce you’re pregnant,” she said very calmly. She then leaned in very close to Trisha to whisper in her ear. “Calling me deceiving? Like the pot calling the kettle black. Remember one thing I’m watching you.”

Trisha remained silent, and she could have sworn everyone in the room could hear the rapid beating of her heart. With one last glance at her now sworn enemy, Isabella left the room, the kitchen door swinging behind her. She walked up the stairs and found Draco in her room, laying on the couch and reading a magazine.

“Why are you smirking?” Draco asked, sitting up and making room for her next to him.

“I have Trisha worried. She’s up to something and I’m going to find out what it is,” she replied, sitting down, her mind racing a mile a minute.