Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In the Moon’s Shadow: a stream of memories by magic_quill

Printer
Summary: The story of Remus Lupin’s past and present told from various memories.

Chapter 1: One of Remus’s earliest memories, the faithful day (or night) when his life was changed forever.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 4 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 6144 Viewcount: 9416
Published on: 04/17/06 Updated On: 09/27/06





1. Chapter 1 by magic_quill [ - ] (1096 words)
This story was accidentally deleted when the second chapter was rejected
2. Chapter 2: I’m a Werewolf by magic_quill [ - ] (1475 words)
Summary: In which Remus get the answers to his earlier questions, and he experiences his first full-moon. (1,443 words)

Author’s note: I am not JK Rowling; therefore, I do not own any of her ideas or people. All original character’s places and things that are in this story are made-up by me. Any similarities with any real/made up people places etc. is purely coincidental, and I apologize in advance if it has offended anyone, if you would like me to change any of it, please inform me, and I will do so without question.

3. Chapter 3-Magic by magic_quill [ - ] (1332 words)
Chapter summary: In which Remus first realizes that he magical abilities.

Disclaimer: I am not JK Rowling. I do not own any of the characters that can be recognized from the Harry Potter stories as they belong to JK Rowling.

4. Chapter 4: Owl Post by magic_quill [ - ] (2241 words)
I am not JK Rowling, nor do I own any of her characters or ideas.

Arthur’s note: Sorry about how long and possibly confusing this note will be, but I just have to explain a few things. (Warning: I will be rambling) Firstly, I am sorry about the wait between chapters. My life has suddenly become extremely hectic, leaving me little time to organize my story.
Second, and most importantly, this chapter isn’t exact in terms of the dates. I know that according to OotP, Professor McGonagall was teaching for 39 years, and that she started in December, so technically, the time does not fit together all that accurately…but considering the fact that Remus, Sirius and James were approx. 21 or 22, when Voldemort killed Lily and James...then Professor McGonagall had been teaching at Hogwarts about 28 years then; at least 17 years before Remus started Hogwarts; 7 years before he was born. This confused me, because according PoA, Dippet died after Remus was born, and before he attended school. My logic behind my story is based on the following facts and inferences: Professor Dumbledore was Professor of Transfiguration; Professor McGonagall started in December rather than September…the only explanation I could think of, was that Professor Dippet died in December, Professor Dumbledore became Headmaster, and Professor McGonagall took his place as Professor of Transfiguration. Unfortunately, this does not fit seamlessly with the calculations based on other information in the book…so I decided to sacrifice date accuracy to fit into detail accuracy. With the information I have, I figured it would make more sense to write the story as thus. If I really am off in any of my reasoning, please let me know, and I will attempt to fix it, regardless of how much I have to change. One thing I really want in my writing is accuracy according to JK Rowling’s actual work.