Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Everybody Does It by Grimmrook

Printer
Summary: *Runner Up in the 2006 Annual Quicksilver Quills Awards for Best Dark/Angsty*



It's the one thing everyone must do. You can't avoid it, you can't bargain with it, you just do it. It hurts sometimes, hell, it hurts most of the time, but it's also the most natural thing in the world. One of those rare things that makes us human.







This story is included in the Epilogues story arc, however it is a side story that can be read at just about any time. it is most favorable, however, to wait until reading Epilogues Part I for certain thematic reasons.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 5552 Viewcount: 2241
Published on: 05/06/06 Updated On: 05/10/06





1. Everybody Does It by Grimmrook [ - ] (5552 words)
A note about continuity. All of my stories are linked together, and should be read in order. This story is more of a side story, and can be read out of order, though I would suggest reading it AFTER Epilogues Part I: Shadows. For the rest of my stories, should you be intrigued, I would begin at Right Here, then read One Good Day, Epilogues Part I: Shadows, and finally Epilogues Part II: the Eighth Year, which is currently in progress. Thank you.


For more information on this and other stories by me, please visit my livejournal at grimmrook.livejournal.com



I also wanted to send a very special thank you to hpmaniac666 for beta reading this. Please go read her stories, all of them, they are absolutely wonderful. You can get to her page by clicking on my favorite authors.


Re: Quicksilver Quills. I wanted to take a moment or two to say something about the first annual award ceremony, and this fic. When I first posted this story oh so many moons ago, it was a very emotional experience. Writing this, as you may gather from the responses I've left to many reviews, was hard in that I was crying through the whole thing. To this day this story remains the most important to me as I feel like I poured more soul into this than in anything else I've ever written. That being said, it was a little disheartening upon first posting to see how few reviews it got. The first site it was published on, this story never cleared twenty reviews, and it still doesn't garner a whole lot of reviews. And then I was nominated for the QQ's, and that in and of itself was just really touching. A month later I look in my email box, and BAM! "You're a winner in the Quicksilver Quills awards!" My heart nearly stopped. I thought there was too much going against this story for it to succeed. It's a one shot, which means that it's not going to be able to develop as complex of a story line as others, and I don't exactly cater to anyone in this story. The selection of Tom as the name of Harry's son; the fact that I have two very important characters either in the process of dying or already dead; for a while I even lamented the fact that this fic may not exactly be either dark or angsty. And still I took the runner up spot, and that just means so much to me. I wanted to thank those who enjoyed this story enough to nominate it, thank you very much for giving this story a chance. I'd like to thank the judges, and I hope that this story touched you as much as it touched me. I'd like to thank all of my readers, I love you guys sincerely, you should know. I think I got the best readers in the world because you guys keep coming back for more and you leave the most awesome reviews ever. I'm not kidding, I've seen the kinds of reviews other authors get, and you folks leave me these gorgeous long reviews, and it tickles me every time. You guys keep me going. I want to thank my lovely girlfriend/beta hpmaniac666 who played her part in not just beta reading the fic for me, but also in just being my strength right now in a difficult time, thank you baby. And I want to thank and dedicate this story to my two beautiful girls,Kalani, and Camryn. If I had never been a father, I couldn't have written this story, so, girls, you mean so much to me, and daddy loves you and misses you terribly. That's enough, I think, so please, enjoy.