Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This begins when Harry is about twenty years old... It sets the scenes to come. Many of the things in this story don't follow the real HP series.. bare with me!
The Life of a Wizard

Harry walked into the living room to see his favorite people spread out, most still asleep, on the floor and the couches. Ginny looked up and smiled at him. “Here we go again,” she said as he sat on the couch next to her.

“Another day, another night, and we are nearly there, yet so far away,” Harry heard from the couch opposite of theirs.

Hermione and Ron had woken up and were both looking at Harry and Ginny.

“I got in late last night, so I just went upstairs,” Harry explained to them.

They were currently in the living room of Harry’s house, located in the heart of Godric’s Hollow. They had used his parent’s old house as a meeting place and a home for the past year and a half. They had been slowly coming across information of the whereabouts of still loose Death Eaters, and they had an accurate list of 150 Death Eater’s addresses, and had been picking them off slowly.

It had been four years since Hermione, Ron, and Harry had left Hogwarts, a year earlier than they should have, but they had accomplished so much. When Ginny Weasley found them two years ago, they began to round up people they knew could help and formed a second branch of the Order. So far, no one was able to identify the location, name, or members of the Living Wizards. The only thing people knew was that there was a group of people who had been killing Death Eaters consistently over the past year.

“Remus called last night,” Ron informed the group. “We need to hold off on any more searches for about a week.”

“We can’t do that!” Harry protested as he jumped up. “We are so close to finding so many more of th…”

“He and Tonks are getting married a week from today,” Ron said with a grin. “They want us to come and help a little and be there for the ceremony.

Hermione looked at her fiancé and smacked him upside the head. “Oww,” Ron exclaimed when Hermione hit him. “What was that for?”

“Why didn’t you tell us last night? That would have made a little more sense you know.”

Harry and Ginny had toppled over laughing. “They will never change,” laughed Ginny, “no matter how in love they are.” Harry smiled at his girlfriend and then at Hermione and Ron. Everything seemed so right at that moment, it seemed impossible that they were still in more danger than anyone could imagine.

Harry heard footsteps coming down the stirs and looked. Luke and his wife Nita were walking heavily down the stairs. Luke and Nita were the newest members of the Living Wizards, but were four years older than Harry. They had come to Arthur Weasley six months ago to ask what they could do for the Order. Mr. Weasley immediately told them to search out Harry and talk to him. After some questions and a little help from Veritaserum, Luke and his wife were accepted. They had connections spread around the world that proved to be a tremendous help.

“Good morning,” Nita yawned as she approached the group. She looked at the twenty-some-odd year old wizards and couldn’t help but smile. They were the most amazing people she had ever known.

“Breakfast, anyone?” With a wave of her wand, Ginny produced a large amount of pancakes, bacon, sausage, waffles, and eggs. Everyone ran to the kitchen and grabbed plates. Harry smiled at the group of people and wrapped his arms around Ginny.

“This is going to work,” he whispered in her ear. She responded with a nod and a smile. Ginny was happy to be there in Harry’s arms, happy for the first time that week.

*********************************

“Bill, run!”

Bill turned around to see a flash of green shooting towards him. He rolled on the ground, scurried up and ran towards his father. He grabbed Arthur’s arm and kept running until it seemed quiet.

“Bill, stop,” Arthur Weasley told his son. They halted for a moment, listening. They hear footsteps racing to them and stood, braced with their wands. When they saw it was their fellow Order members, they relaxed a little.

“We finished off the ones that didn’t Disapparate,” Remus Lupin told them, “But a fair few got away.”

“Is everyone with us alright?” Nymphadora Tonks asked as she looked around. With a quick head count, she realized that someone was missing. Wands bared, they took off back into the forest. They searched through the fallen Death Eaters until they saw an unmasked, familiar face, sprawled out on the ground. Arthur ran towards his fallen son, Charlie, and lifted him up.

“I think he’s alive, but he was hit with something that did considerable damage.”

Arthur held Charlie around the middle and draped his head over his shoulder.

“I’ll meet you back at headquarters,” he yelled to the others and turned on the spot. He and Charlie were gone in a ‘pop’.





A knock came at the door of the Shrieking Shack. Molly Weasley opened the door to see her husband half-carrying her son.

“Arthur, what happened?” Molly squealed as she fought to hold back tears. Charlie looked so pale she thought he was dead.

“He was hit with something. Call a Healer right a way.” Arthur went down to the basement where the Order had changed the layout to resemble a home. He laid his son down on the couch and sat down next to him. He heard about ten different popping noises and looked up to see the other Order members who were present at the forest. They looked at Arthur for a minute and heard two sets of footsteps approaching them.

Molly Weasley came into the room followed by a person they did not know.

“This is Healer Valorem,” Molly explained. The Healer didn’t wait for any further introduction before clearing the people out of the room so she could examine Charlie.

“The others will be here sometime today, we’ll explain what happened to us when they get here,” Lupin told Arthur. Lupin was referring to Harry and the others. They were supposed to arrive sometime that night. Almost as if on cue, six people appeared in front of the elder men.