Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I hope you like it and decided to keep reading!
Chapter 2: A Question, A Memory, and A Thought

“Did you recognize any of the death eaters that escaped?” Harry had asked this question right off the bat. Whoever had done this was going to pay, and soon. He knew that no more lives within the order could be taken; there weren’t enough people any longer.

“Parker Entrieve, Padonas Jerwill and Tonia Markson were three we know for sure,” Mr. Weasley answered after a moment of thinking.

“Great, we have the addresses for the first two. We’ve found our next targets.”
Harry was thrilled. He couldn’t wait to go out there and find the people who had done this.

“You’ll have to wait a little while, Harry,” Lupin reminded him. “We want you here this weekend.”

Harry felt a smaller hand grab his. Ginny whispered, “You need a break. We’ll only be here a week, and after the wedding we can pick up where we left off.”

Harry knew they were right, but was angry all the same. He wrapped his arm around Ginny’s shoulder and kissed the top of her head. “Ok dear, if you say so,” he said in a very mocking voice. Everyone laughed and sat down to talk.

About half-an-hour later, Healer Valorem came into the room. Everybody immediately stopped talking and looked at the witch.

“Charlie will be alright. He was hit by the Cruciatus Curse and the Imperuis Curse at the same time. It had an unusual effect on him. He should be back to normal in a few days.”

Everyone in the room breathed a sigh of relief. Ron hugged Hermione close and kissed her. Ginny shook a little and tried to laugh it off. Harry and Ginny went into see Charlie, hand in hand. When they stood over him, he looked up at them. “Garry, Hinny… how are you both?” Charlie had the most peculiar look on his face, and Ginny began to cry. Charlie shook his head and closed his eyes. Harry stood there, holding Ginny, and feeling a rush of hate fill his body. He hated the people who did this. Charlie would be fine, but the thought of the others who had lost their lives to the death eaters made Harry almost break into tears.

A picture faded into Harry’s mind when he closed his eyes. It was a scene he had seen nearly a year ago. Dumbledore had come to Godric’s Hollow to see Harry. He had shown his a scene in his Pensive from twenty years ago. Harry was three months old and in the arms of Lily Potter. Dumbledore was speaking to them about a prophecy he had heard. Lily didn’t quite understand what it had to do with them. James, on the other hand, looked concerned. Harry had been standing next to the elder Dumbledore, stunned. He had told Lily and James about what could happen. It was then he realized that was why they had gone into hiding. Harry looked around and began to walk. He opened the door to the next room, and as he expected, saw his godfather sitting alone on a chair. He looked terrified.

Harry hadn’t seen Sirius in three years, and the sight of him made Harry tear up. Sirius had overheard everything Dumbledore was saying to his friends, and knew he couldn’t be their secret-keeper.

Harry went back into the other room and asked Dumbledore why they were there.
You need to hear this, Dumbledore had said.

Harry waited a few more seconds, and then Sirius appeared.

I can’t do it. I can’t be your secret-keeper. Lily and James looked stunned.

Who can we go to? You are our most trusted friend. James looked hurt and betrayed.

Peter Pettigrew. You can ask him. With that Sirius left.

A moment later, Harry felt Dumbledore’s hand on his elbow. They came out of the Pensive.

“Your parents didn’t ever see Sirius again. He went into hiding as well. Did you see how terrified he looked?”

Harry nodded. He couldn’t believe Sirius had just left like that. No wonder he had always felt so guilty.

“Why did you need to show me that?” Harry inquired from the headmaster.

“I think you know why.”

Ever since that visit, Harry had been trying to contact Sirius. Not that he hadn’t been before, he had, but he had strengthened his efforts over the past six months. That was why he had been out so late at nights. He was using all of his connections and efforts to find his distressed godfather.

Ginny lifted her head and saw Harry’s eyes were glazed over. “Harry,” she whispered.

Deep in thought, Harry heard a small, familiar voice in his head.

Harry looked down at Ginny and smiled. “Sorry, I dozed off for a minuet there.”

The couple walked out the door of Charlie’s room. Harry let go of Ginny with a promise to be right back. He couldn’t believe how stupid he had been. He had been so concerned with finding Sirius; he had forgotten to ask the most obvious source.