Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: When Sirius returns to a somewhat normal life, he is filled in on the current happenings in Harry's life.
Chapter 4: Return of Padfoot



Ginny had been waiting in Harry’s room for what seemed like days. In actuality, she had only been there for four hours, but she was getting anxious. He had promised to be home that night, and it was nearing one o’clock in the morning. The next morning, she thought to herself. Maybe he couldn’t find Sirius, or maybe, they got caught up with some Death Eaters, or maybe… her thoughts ended there. No. Harry would be fine.



Her mind still buzzing, she drifted off to sleep.



*******************************



Harry brushed his lips on Ginny’s forehead. She was sleeping across his bed. He lifted up her legs and moved them so that her body was straight on only one side of the bed. He looked over at Sirius who was standing in the doorway, watching him.



“Ginny and I have been dating for nearly two years now,” said Harry. He had been filling his godfather in on the recent happenings in his life. He had explained about the Living Wizards, about Ron and Hermione’s engagement, the numerous attacks, including the one on Charlie.

After they had gotten home, it took Harry a minute to figure out why Ginny was in his room. He realized she must have been awaiting his arrival back home and felt awful for showing up so late.



“I always knew you two would be together some day,” Sirius whispered, bringing Harry back to reality. “Just one more question… where am I staying?”



Harry smacked himself on the forehead. “Right, a place for you to sleep.” Harry thought for a moment, took out his wand, muttered and incantation, and tapped Ginny’s head. “Stay in here,” he said to his godfather as he picked Ginny up and draped her over his shoulder. “Neat little trick I learned from an anonymous teacher last year,” he said when he saw he quizzical look on Sirius’s face.



“It wasn’t that, but thanks. Where are you staying?” Sirius laughed.



“I’ll conjure up a bed in Ginny’s room. She won’t mind,” he said with a wink. Sirius had to laugh at his godson. Nothing could help him get over how much Harry had grown up.



“I’ll see you in the morning then. Oh, and do me a favor. Don’t leave this room until I come up and get you. I don’t want people freaking out if you suddenly appear at the house, especially since you don’t exactly look, well, the same. Good night.” Harry left without another word.



He carried Ginny down the hall to her room and laid her down. He flicked his wand and a bed similar to hers appeared at his knees. He muttered the counter-incantation under his breath and tapped her head again. She stirred for a second, but didn’t wake. Harry kissed her on the forehead, crawled into his bed, and was asleep the moment his head touched the pillow.



***********************



Ginny woke up and jumped. Harry’s face was less than a foot from hers. Something was different, and she realized she was in her own room. She looked over at her clock and realized that it was six in the morning. She shook Harry’s arm and he opened his eyes.



“Good morning, beautiful,” he whispered to the pretty young lady laying across from him.



“When did you get home? Did you find him? Where was he? How does he look? Oh wait, did you find him?”



Harry laughed. He leaned over and kissed her on the mouth. “Yes. He’s great, he was in Ireland, he looks fine. Sirius is home.”



Remembering that Harry had made his godfather promise not to leave until Harry talked to him, he got up. He went up to his room to grab some clothes. Sirius was still asleep, which gave Harry time. He dug through the dresser and found a black t-shirt and some jeans that he quickly, but silently, threw on. He tiptoed out of the room and shut the door quietly. He turned around and almost screamed when someone suddenly appeared in front of him.



“Ron, bloody hell, don’t sneak up on me like that!” he said to his best friend.



“You found him, huh?” Ron was so excited to see Sirius that he seemed liked he was about to barge into the room, but Harry restrained him.



“We have to tell everyone that he’s here so people don’t get surprised.”



Within the hour, the whole place was up and moving. It took Harry several minutes to wrangle everybody together to talk to them.



“Good morning,” he said in a very formal tone. “As most of you know, I went looking for Sirius the other night. I found him. He is currently upstairs, asleep in my room. He will be coming downstairs shortly, so don’t be alarmed when you see him. He looks, different, healthy. Finally.”



He stared at the group for amoment, not knowing what else to say, but was saved by Mrs. Weasley, who quickly said, “Breakfast, anyone?”



Harry began to walk upstairs when he heard someone following him. He turned around and saw Ginny right behind him. She grabbed his hand, and he continued. He knocked on the door in which behind, his godfather sat waiting.



“I’m up,” Harry heard a faint voice say from inside. “You can come downstairs now; Mrs. Weasley is making breakfast and can’t wait to see you.”



“Good morning, Sirius,” Ginny piped in from behind Harry. She couldn’t contain herself. She looked up at Harry, and saw him smiling at her.



“Morning Ginny,” Sirius laughed from the other end. “Glad to see you’re awake, and that Mister Potter there didn’t leave you to sleep forever.” By then, Sirius had come to the door and opened it.



“Excuse me?” Ginny stared at Harry, who was blushing considerably.



“You’re first day back and you’re already causing trouble,” Harry joked to his godfather. “I have no idea why I bothered to come looking or you. I should have known you would be nothing but a problem.” Sirius laughed at the pair in front of him.



“Well, it’s not a good idea to keep a Weasley woman waiting is it?” Sirius inquired to Ginny. “Let’s eat.”