Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: As the Order gets used to Sirius being around again, Lupin and Tonks have a wedding fast approaching. Everything seems to be going along fine, but it isn't always as it seems.
Chapter 5: A Wedding, a Question, and a Raid

Sirius, Harry and Ginny walked into the kitchen. Sirius had a look on his face, but Harry wasn’t sure if he was pleased or nervous. He didn’t have much time to think on it because the moment they appeared around the corner, Sirius was engulfed in a Mrs. Weasley hug.

“Sirius,” she cried, “We are so happy to have you back. I’ve been so worried about you for a while, and I’m glad you’re here. You look so good. You look healthy...” She was cut off by her husband saying, “Molly, dear, let the man breathe.” Everybody laughed, including Mrs. Weasley, who was turning red.

Sirius sat down at the table and grabbed a plate. Harry and Ginny followed him and everybody there was soon laughing, talking, and eating a few too many helpings of Mrs. Weasley’s excellent cooking.

While Harry was eating, he thought. He suddenly remembered that he had been gone three days looking for Sirius. Then that meant that today was… “Ginny,” he whispered to his girlfriend sitting next to him. “What day is it?”

She looked at him with an eye of speculation and said, “Saturday.”

Harry nearly choked on his eggs. “Saturday?” he asked in a blind panic. The wedding was today. “I don’t have anything. No dress robes, no present, no nothing!” Ginny looked at him and laughed. “I bought everything while you were gone. I got you black and blue dress robes and a present from the both of us. You don’t have to worry. The robes are in your room if you want to try them on.” Harry stared at her in amazement for a minute before leaning over and kissing her. “You never cease to amaze me,” he whispered in her ear making her blush.

Four hours later, everyone was gathered in the living room of the Shrieking Shack wearing their best dress clothes. Ginny was in a brilliant shade of midnight blue, Hermione and Ron accompanied each other in red and black. Lupin and Tonks were the only people missing, but they would be arriving later. Harry wasn’t quite sure where they were going, and when he addressed this concern to Ginny, she smiled. “Hold onto my arm, and you’ll arrive just fine.” Harry placed her arm in his, and with a turn, the group was gone.

***************************
The first thing that Harry saw was a magnificent garden. Roses, lilies and violets scattered the ground along with the greenest grass he had ever seen. The group began to move over to a set-up of chairs, tables, and an alter.

“Harry.” Harry turned his head and saw Remus Lupin hiding in the bushes a few feet away. Harry walked over to him, a little confused.

“What are you doing here?” he inquired to the squatting man. “Is everything alright?”

“Everything is fine. I just wanted to ask you, would you be my best man? I know it’s short notice and all, but I really want you up there. I know you’re thinking that I should ask Sirius or Arthur, but having you up there as well would mean so much to me, and it would be like having a part of James with me, as well.” Harry smiled and nodded. “I would be honored to be your best man,” he said with a grin, and took off after Ginny.

Harry was standing at the top of a line of men, which included Sirius, Arthur, Charlie and a man Harry didn’t recognize. He looked over to the other side and saw Ginny, Molly, and Nita, and a woman he didn’t know either. He turned to Mr. Weasley and asked, “Who is that man at the end of our line, and who is the woman at the end of the other?”

Mr. Weasley looked over his shoulder and to the end of the woman’s line and said, “The woman is Remus’s sister, and that man is her husband. They don’t like to be involved in Order business, but he convinced them to come down to take part in the ceremony.”

Harry smiled. He looked around the garden and saw Bill and his wife, Fleur, with their baby girl, Tabby. He also saw Ron and Hermione sitting next to Luke. He smiled at them and turned to the center isle. The music began and Harry saw Lupin appear in front of him.

He turned down the isle and shook his head. Tonks had turned her hair a silk brown and had it half-way down her back. Harry did all he could not to laugh at her bubblegum pink dress though. She looked different, but when she stuck her tongue out at Harry, he knew it was the same Tonks.

After the ceremony, Harry and Ginny were sitting at their table, when Ginny exclaimed, “I love this song.” Harry saw her head bobbing to the music and had an idea.

“Ginny, do you want to dance?” he asked her. Her eyes lit up and she replied, “Why, Mister Potter, I would love to.”

They stood up, and he took her hand in his. He led her to the dance floor and wrapped his arm around her waist, while she wrapped hers around his shoulder. They danced for nearly three songs when it came to Harry. “Ginny,” he whispered into her ear.

“Yes?” She looked into his emerald green eyes.

“Will you marry me?”

A loud bang was heard across the garden, and Harry saw nearly one hundred Death Eaters approaching their tent.