Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: As the news of Ginny and Harry's engagement is welcomed, plans are made to revive the object of the Living Wizards.
When the group arrives in Godric's Hollow, they are met with an unexpected turn of events.
Chapter 7
A Celebration and An Abduction



Nobody moved for a minute. Harry looked at Ginny with slight alarm in his face and she returned an equally panicked look. They scanned the room and after what seemed like an eternity, Mr. Weasley stood up. He walked over to the couple and held out his hand to Harry. The younger wizard took it and was immediately pulled into a hug.

At once, everyone started applauding and running over to the young couple, eager to shake their hands and wish them their heartfelt congratulations. Mrs. Weasley took them both into a hug and began to cry. Harry and Ginny laughed as they hugged her back.

When they were finally released and everybody fell back into a calmer state, Harry said, “Well, I guess it’s alright with them.”

Ginny laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist. She laid her head on his chest, looking at her family and friends. Harry wrapped his arm around her shoulders and smiled. “I’m going to have a family,” he whispered to Ginny.

“You always have,” Ginny said, looking up at him. “You always have.”

****************************

As the evening progressed, Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione sat down to talk. Harry filled a gap in the conversation with, “You always talk about being brothers with your best friend when you’re younger. It’s strange to think it actually sometimes happens.” Ginny joked, “Is that the only reason you’re marrying me, to be Ron’s brother?” “Harry smiled and said, “No. I also get to be related to your mother.” Everybody laughed.

“You know, the nice thing for you to have done, Harry, would be to ask me if it was ok to marry my sister,” Ron said in a mocking voice. Ginny threw a pillow at him and laughed when it smacked him in the face.

“Have you talked about a date yet?” Hermione piped in. Harry shook his head. It had only been last night after all.

“Oh, well, of course not, it’s recent. Well, Ron and I were thinking, and I know it seems lame and everything, but maybe we could pull it into a double wedding.” Hermione turned very red as she said this. Ginny looked over at Harry and smiled. She loves the idea, Harry read from her face, and he did too.

“Actually,” he said and Hermione turned redder, “we would love that.” Hermione relaxed and smiled. She reached over and hugged the pair of them. “We were thinking that in about six month’s time, does that sound alright to the two of you?” It sounded perfect, and they began to sort out the details.

When Mrs. Weasley heard the news, she went into a silent tear fit and began talking about this, that and the other. She was talking more to herself than anyone, and it made the four of them have to stuff their fists into their mouths to keep from laughing.
This is great, Harry was thinking. I just wish I wasn’t so nervous about going back tomorrow.

They sat down for dinner that night under a huge ‘Congratulations Harry and Ginny’ banner. They had a buffet style dinner and didn’t go to bed until it neared two the next morning.

When they finally went upstairs to sleep, Harry pulled the Living Wizards together. He told them about the plans for the next days, and bade them good-night. When he and Ginny crawled into bed, they were asleep within minutes.

******************************

Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Luke, Nita, and the newest addition to the group, Sirius, took off early the next morning. They travelled to Godric’s Hollow by means of a taxi. They had disguised themselves to keep from being tracked.

“Does something seem…off?” Ginny whispered as they entered the town. She was right. There were no people, shops were missing windows, and the air smelled faintly of smoke.

Hermione gasped. “Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no,” she cried. Ginny was half-way down the broken driveway of their former house before it sunk into Harry’s mind.

“It’s gone,” he gasped. He was entirely correct. The house was nothing more than a pile of stones on torn up grass. Splinters of wood lay all over, and the dust was settling.

The dust isn’t settled yet, Harry thought to himself. That means... He whipped around and yelled, “Ginny!” but was too late. A hooded man suddenly grabbed her around the chest. Sirius charged after them, and the moment he reached the two, the Death-Eater grabbed his wrist and all three of them vanished!

“No!” Harry yelled as he began to run towards the spot. He felt a hand on his wrist and was jerked backwards. Nita had grabbed a hold of him and was yelling something, but he didn’t know what. He was so disoriented that he couldn’t think of anything but how to get Ginny and Sirius back. He looked around and realized that Luke had gone.

“He went to tell Dumbledore and then alert the Order,” he faintly remembered Nita saying that to him, still holding his wrist. “We need to get out of here,” she said franticly as she tried to pull him away. She pulled him onto the remains of the house and one by one they disappeared.

An onlooker in a hood lowered his newspaper and stared at the spot in which Harry Potter had disappeared, moments earlier. His red, cat-like eyes gleamed and he grinned. His plan had been set. Lord Voldemort knew that it wouldn’t be long before Harry was right where he wanted him.