Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life Of a Wizard by xCoHoRoIoSoToAx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: As the last chapter of the story unfolds, we discover what happenes to the heros, the villans, and everyone in between.
The Beginning of the End

The Death Eaters were gone. Dumbledore was crouched down next to Harry’s body. He felt his face and neck. “He’s alive, but won’t be for long. Get him to St. Mungo’s,” he yelled to a group of people running towards them. Dumbledore looked at the ground next to him.

Voldemort was dead. Dumbledore thought that he had escaped, but when the Death Eaters had all but disappeared, the body of their leader was seen motionless in the centre of the clearing. Dumbledore glanced around the clearing and at the dead bodies, many of which were hooded figures.

He looked at some of the people standing close to him. Ginny Weasley’s face was horror stricken and her eyes were a puffy red from crying. Ron Weasley was holding his sister and Hermione Granger, who was crying equally as hard. Arthur Weasley stared at the ground, expressionless, and Remus Lupin was kneeling over two bodies.

Sirius Black and Charlie Weasley were dead.


A week after the battle found the Order of the Phoenix and The Living Wizards completely dressed in black, standing over two graves. Hermione was crying on Ron’s shoulder, again. Harry was sitting in a wheelchair, Ginny’s hand on his shoulder. Silent tears were pouring down her face.

Charlie Weasley and Sirius Black had been buried a few moments earlier, and the funeral was just ending. Harry felt his chin quiver and noticed that a tears were freely falling down his face as well.

He felt weak again, and his neck was hurting from holding up his head. He rested his head onto Ginny’s chest behind him. It took all of his strength to keep his eyes open. Ginny stroked his hair, her tears drying. “I think it’s time we went back to St. Mungo’s.” She gave him a feeble smile.

Harry nodded. It was true. His Healers had been reluctant to let him leave, even for the two hours he needed for the funeral. But after he had reminded them that he was Harry Potter, the man who destroyed Voldemort, and this was his godfather’s funeral, they had agreed to let him go, as long as he would be surrounded by people the whole time.

When they arrived back at St. Mungo’s, Harry began going into some kind of convulsion. Healers were rushed to his room, and everyone was shooed out. Ginny was crying again, and the people int the room were trying to calm her.

Everyone but Ginny left St. Mungo’s three hours later. She stayed in the hallway thinking about the losses of the past week. She didn’t think she could bare it if she lost Harry as well, just after they had been engaged. Destined to live together for the rest of their life.

Tears silently poured down her face. After what felt like an eternity, the Healer told her she could come back in. She sat at Harry’s bedside all night.

When Harry was still in a coma-like state the next morning, she decided to go home and rest.

************************
Harry looked around the back yard of the Burrow. It looked beautiful. Chairs, flowers, a white linen pathway, and a white arch sat out. He looked to his left at the four empty chairs. Each chair had a banner draped over the back reading ‘In Memory Of’ and under each banner was a name. The chair next to him read the name ‘James Potter’, and next to it read ‘Lily Potter’. The third chair down read ‘Sirius Black’ and the final chair read ‘Charlie Weasley’. Harry smiled at Ginny’s idea of memory chairs.

The sound of music playing brought Harry back to reality. Ron grabbed his hand and helped him up. With one arm around his friend and the other holding a cane, he limped his way up under the arch.

St. Mungo’s had informed them that Harry had been hit by no less than fifteen stunning spells and more than twelve Cruciatus Curses. They held Harry at St. Mungo’s for over eight months. He hadn’t woken up for three weeks after his attack of convulsions after the funeral. He couldn’t remain awake for time spans longer than two hours until two weeks before he was released. He knew he wouldn’t walk normally for a long time, but he was on the path to recovery.

Harry leaned heavily on Ron until a different tune began to play. The entire crowd rose as Ginny and Hermione were escorted down the aisle by their fathers. When they reached the men, Hermione’s father kissed her forehead and Ron took her hand. Mr. Weasley was kissed on the cheek by his daughter, and with a wink in Harry’s direction, he joined the groomsmen line.

Ginny relieved her brother of Harry’s weight and supported him throughout the ceremony. Harry was amazed that she could hold him up that long, but she never faltered. He smiled down at his bride-to-be and kissed her on the forehead.

“I do.” Harry answered the final question. Harry kissed Ginny and Ron kissed Hermione. “May I present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Weasley.” Everybody cheered as Ron and Hermione walked arm in arm down the aisle. “And, may I also present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter.” An equal amount of cheering started up as they began to move.

After two or three steps, Harry stumbled. Ten hands steadied him. He looked around. To his left, the nearly solid figure of his father stood with his arm around his son’s shoulders. Next to his father stood his mother, who held onto his hand. In front of his stood his godfather looking proud, and behind Ginny and Harry, stood Charlie.

Harry was taken aback for a moment, but relaxed and smiled. Tears welled up in his eyes as Ginny whispered, “I guess they wouldn’t want to miss this.” Harry looked at his wife who had her arm around his waist.

Harry stood up straighter and, with the help of the five people surrounding him, walked forward, prepared for everything he had to endure.