Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Thirty-Nine by MaiaMadness

Printer
Summary: “Don’t you hear my call, though you’re many years away? Don’t you hear me calling you? All your letters in the sand cannot heal me like your hand. For my life still ahead, pity me.” Remus stares through the veil. The dust on the floor still holds his footprints.

The fifth short in my A Night at the Opera series.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Remus/Sirius
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Slash
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 1029 Viewcount: 1352
Published on: 06/11/06 Updated On: 06/15/06





1. '39 by MaiaMadness [ - ] (1029 words)
Welcome to the fifth story in my A Night at the Opera series!

This was hard. This fanfic is based on the song '39, by Queen, and this is originally a song about a person going off into space and coming back after what was a year for him but a hundred years on earth. However, I used the chorus for inspiration and do believe I managed to make a reasonably decent connection. The title may seem to make little sense to the story, but I imagine this to be in 1998 or 1999, when Remus would be about 39 years old.

I hope you'll enjoyit all the same! It's horribly sad.

Disclaimer: The song '39, lyrics from which I have used in the summary of this story, is the creative property of Queen and Brian May. I have no moneys.