Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Dear Readers,
I want to thank you for reading my first story on this website. Hopefully you enjoyed it. I love reviews so don't hesitate. Thank you!

blue sapphire lady
Chapter 1-Taking A Stroll







In a long narrow corridor, two long shadows were stretched on the wall of two sixth year students. It was a very cold October night when Lily Evans and Jamie Wills were quietly walking to the library. Both tiptoeing, their toes freezing against the cold marble floor, they dared not talked out loud.







“What if a teacher finds us?” whispered Lily for the tenth time.







“Then we’ll look pretty stupid with only our pj’s on, trying to get through the Restriction Section of the library,” replied Jamie, not sounding the little bit worried.







“Why’d you have to agree to that stupid dare?” hissed Lily, hugging herself, trying to keep herself warm. The hair on her arms stood up nonetheless.







“Would you ever let Vanessa Wilkins have that sort of satisfaction? Didn’t you hear her? If we get that book, she’ll have to do our homework for a month and she’ll try out for the Quidditch try-outs. Have you ever seen anyone fly so badly? I swear, rocks can fly better than her. But if we lose, we take her homework for a month and we have to read a love letter to Snape in front of everyone during breakfast,” whispered Jamie.







“That’s a lot of 'we',” said Lily, raising her eyebrow, hands on her hips.







“Lily, I treat you like my sister. I share your pain and joy, and you shall share mine. It’s a beautiful quote… from… from somebody. Of course I’ll share the consequences with you, you know that I care,” said Jamie smiling sweetly.







“Didn’t know you cared that much,” replied Lily darkly.







"Besides, you’re at the library more often so you’ll know where it is,” added Jamie as though that would fix the entire situation.







“Oh yeah right, that’s why you chose me to come along as well. Well, gee thanks,” retorted Lily sarcastically.







“No problem,” said Jamie happily, either not noticing or ignoring Lily’s retort.







The two girls continued walking, both wishing they brought their shoes. Lily’s flaming red hair was in a messy ponytail down to her shoulders. Her pale cheeks were rosy from the cold and she tried many times to warm her hands unsuccessfully. Her green eyes darted in every direction, as if waiting for Filch to jump out and grab them. Jamie on the other hand, was leading the way, quietly humming a tune. She had short dark purple hair (which she dyed only a week ago), which fell to her deep blue eyes. She was taller than Lily (as practically everyone is) and had a good humor and more of an adventurous, risking and laid back personality which crashed with Lily that so many people wondered how the heck they were best friends for years. Lily was a perfectionist and very uptight.







“I can’t feel my toes. It’s that cold!” whispered Lily while Jamie laughed.







“Not so loud, do you want Filch coming after us-“ but Jamie never finished her sentence when Lily hit the armor to her left. The armor fell to the ground, shattering and scattering its pieces all over the floor. The noise bounced off the walls, making it echo ten times louder than before.







“Lily,” moaned Jamie, slapping her palm to her forehead. Both girls’ hearts were pounding. Someone would have definitely have heard that.







“Sorry,” whispered Lily, but the two girls both stopped talking when they heard voices.







“Why'd you hit it-“ started Jamie.







“I accidentally bumped into it. I said I was sorry!” replied Lily.







“More like crashed into it. Just be more careful-“ muttered Jamie but stopped talking.







"I’ll have those what they called students out of their beds. Detention for two months! Pity, did love that armor, my sweet. I know every armor here and where they are! What a wonderful night it is!” cackled a voice not far behind them.







“Filch,” mouthed Lily and Jamie, both wide eyed in horror. They stood there for five seconds before bursting out into a run.







“Where are you going?” whispered Jamie beside Lily as she grabbed Lily's arm, as Lily was about to turn to her right.







“Where are we going? What do you mean where are we going? We’re going back!” whispered Lily franctifully.







“What about the bet?” asked Jamie.







“What about the bet? Seriously Jamie, a month of cleaning is not that appealing right now,” said Lily trying to set her arm free.







“Please,” whined Jamie making a baby face. Footsteps were coming faster with each second.







"What are you talking about? We can’t go to the library!” exclaimed Lily frantically, and then pointed at the footsteps coming from behind as though Jamie forgot the way to the Common Room.







“Well, I’m not going back to the common room without that book,” replied Jamie furiously.







“Are you insane! Filch is running after us, we don’t have time to look for a book!” exclaimed Lily, waving her arms around angrily as though Jamie would understand then. Jamie grabbed her arm impatiently and they hide behind a corner. Once they were safely hidden, Jamie whipped around to talk to Lily.







“Please Lily. You would understand, I mean its Vanessa Wilkins for heaven’s sake. I won’t copy your potion essay,” she whispered hopefully, her eyes wide with hope. Lily gave her a dark look before saying, “Fine”. Jamie hugged her quickly and both girls burst out into a faster run towards the library. It wasn’t long before they heard Filch’s footsteps hastily following them, muttering about indecorous behavior.







Lily and Jamie at the same time muttered a spell and the doors of the library opened, the lock clicking.







“Lock it, hurry up,” said Lily. Jamie pointed at the door and a yellow beam of light hit the doorknob from her wand.







“Filch won’t be able to get in now,” smiled Jamie triumphantly.







“Let’s find the book,” whispered Lily.







The two passed so many sections before Lily suddenly stopped. A small gate stood in front of Lily and Jamie, a tiny door leading to the Restriction Section. Jamie held her breath, and slowly pushed the wide door. The tiny door of a meter opened easily, squeaking as it did so. Jamie gave Lily a surprised look, which Lily returned as well. Who would go to the Restriction Section of the library at this time at night? She thought, being quite puzzled. Well, us, she thought as an after thought, laughing at the irony. Lily turned around to close the door but suddenly heard a hoarse whisper behind her.







"Psst. Psst. Jamie, someone is here!" whispered Lily, passing shelves looking for Jamie. Was it just her imagination or did she hear footsteps behind her as well? She whipped around, but her hair flew to her eyes. As though I'm not having a bad hair day, she thought exasperatedly.







"Lily! Lily, I found it!" exclaimed Jamie, and Lily saw Jamie stick her head out from the side of a shelf smiling. Lily ran towards her.







“You found the book?" asked Lily excitedly.







"No, I didn't say that, I found the section its suppose to be in it," replied Jamie, her eyes never leaving the shelf. Lily looked at the titles, understanding why these books were in the Restriction Section. She stopped, knowing this time that she did not imagine someone breathing on her neck.







"Aaaaaaaaaaah!" screamed a male voice behind Lily and a huge force hit her back, making her hit the shelf. The shelf knocked off the next shelf and the next and the next, until all the shelves had fallen down from the Restriction Section.







"Get off of her! Get off!" Lily could hear Jamie yelling.







"Evans are you O.K?" asked a male voice and Lily turned around to see a pair of hazel eyes looking down at her.







"Potter? That was you? GET OFF OF ME! What is a matter with you! Do you not have any common sense?" Lily screeched. James smirked and shrugged his shoulder.







"Padfoot pushed me. I didn't do it on purpose, so keep your hair on Evans because you won't look hot bald," he said lightly and lifted a hand to help Lily. Lily just gave him a dirty look and got up by herself.







“Potter, just shut up and what are you doing with that book!” said Lily, her eyes resting on Sirius hand where held the book that Jamie and Lily had been looking for.







“What? What book?” asked James feigning curiosity and surprised. He quickly blocked Jamie and Lily’s view while Sirius hastily shoved it in his bag.







“You’re not allowed to get books from the Restriction Section without a teacher’s permission,” said Jamie her arms folded in front of her. Sirius raised an eyebrow as to say, “look who is talking”







“Nice to see you to ladies, but we got to go. ‘Potter’ and I have some other business to do. Meanwhile if you ladies could ever be so kind as to clean the library,” Sirius sighed deeply, “we might forgive you,”







Sirius and James were fighting the urge to laugh out loud seeing the reactions of the two girls. James slowly but silently slid his arm around Lily’s waist and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. He then bolted for the door, Sirius in lead, waving the book to Jamie, smirking.







“My beautiful Evans, you’re smart but you’ll never be smarter than me!!” he said and blew an exasperated kiss to her. Lily gave him the middle finger.







“He did not just do that,” hissed Lily, her face tomato red.







“They are so going to get beat up,” answered Jamie and the two girls ran towards the door, leaving the mess without a second glance.







"Let the games begin,” muttered Jamie.







“If there’s one thing that I won’t do, its letting that disgusting Potter try to take one step ahead of me,” whispered Lily and Jamie noted silently there was a new look of determination on Lily’s face and Jamie smiled. This, she knew, was going to be one crazy night she thought as her bare feet slapped the cold marble floor her eyes never leaving the two figures running in the distance.







(Author's Note: As you can see, there are huge spaces between each paragraph. I don't know if it's bothering anyone because it's driving me crazy. So until I fix the problem, hopefully you guys can ignore the enormous space beteween every paragraph. It's annoying ins't it? Anyways I hope you liked my first chapter!)