Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey I'm sorry for the long wait and hopefully you guys can forgive me. James, Lily, Sirius and Jamie are desperately trying to get back to the Common Room without getting caught. Do they have a chance?
Chapter 2- Stuck With You

Lily and Jamie ran after the boys, both of them fuming.

I’ll show him, that Potter. Who exactly does he think he is? Thought Lily angrily. Always thinks that he can get away with his stupid boyish tricks.

Lily was now filled with determination that she had been missing earlier in the night. She honestly didn’t care about the book that was the least of her problems. It was Potter. James Potter, the one and only who had been for years trying to get Lily’s attention.

Doing the most outrageous and stupid things anyone could think of just to get her attention. Some people thought it romantic; others thought it was hilarious as there was many miss haps. The final results always embarrassed Lily in front of the entire school. Most of the girls thought Lily insane for refusing the handsome and very arrogant troublemaker who had won without trying the hearts of many girls. The only real person that could sympathize with Lily was Jamie.

Lily and Jamie were getting closer and closer. Jamie suddenly whipped her wand from under her robes and aimed it at Sirius. Muttering a spell, a beam of white light hit Sirius on the back. As he fell he dropped the book. The book landed a few feet away from him with a soft thump.

“Good job,” said Lily to Jamie but her eyes were on James.

He had slowed down to help Sirius up but it was too late. Wand raised directly at his face, Lily smiled triumphantly. Jamie had her wand pointed at Sirius and was going to reach the fallen book.

Although Lily would never dare say it out loud, James had always gotten the best of her, suddenly switching the situation in his control. Now she had him. She had him in the palm of her hand.

“Got you now Potter,” said Lily proudly a grin spreading her tired face.

“Guess it seems so Evans,” said James calmly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. His relaxed ‘I don’t care’ look irked Lily.

“If you’re just going to point the wand at me we’ll be here for a very long time,” commented James an expression of boredom written on his face.

“Um… Lily any day now,” muttered Jamie. Lily cleared her throat loudly getting an amused look from James and Sirius.

“Trust me Potter-” started Lily but her voice was drowned by a booming voice from her right.

Distracted Lily turned around to see the one person she definitely did not want to see at this very moment. She groaned inwardly knowing that this always equals to trouble. And Filch and Ms. Norris (who were probably still looking for the students out of bed no doubt) always seem to pop out of nowhere just in time to catch someone in the act.

A small pale and transparent ghost smiled evilly at the four students as though he had found a very nice surprise.

“Oh no, that’s not good. Students out of bed! Wonder what you naughty students are up to?” cackled Peeves the poltergeist. Purposely, he went through the four students making them all feel like they stepped into an ice cold shower as he blew raspberries in their ears.

“Get lost Peeves,” barked Sirius. Peeves laughed loudly as though Sirius had said a very funny joke. Hands behind his transparent back, the students could easily see a rather large bag in his hands.

“Whatever that is, it’s not good,” concluded Lily silently and she was right.

Quick as lightning, Peeves opened the bag and threw odd-looking objects on the ground in front of the students’ feet. When it hit the ground, it blasted opened with black smoke filling the ceiling and colorful sparks the size of large rocks flying everywhere. Narrowing missing a spark aiming for his head James yelled, “It’s fireworks! Where did he get fireworks?”

But Jamie, Sirius and Lily could barely hear him. It was chaotic, a huge uproar the instant the fireworks hit the ground. The noise was like lightning and it didn’t help that Peeves had many fireworks left in his mysterious bag.

It’s like being at a rock concert, thought Lily, her hands over her ears. Even a deaf person could hear this racket.

We’re in so much trouble. I was so close to getting the book, thought Jamie, cursing under her breath. Lily was having a coughing fit, the black smoke filling her lungs while jumping around trying to miss the fireworks being thrown at her.

“Come on, let’s go before we get caught. Let’s split into two,” choked Lily having no clue if the other three could hear her or not.

At that moment she didn’t know where they were. Running blindly through the thick smoke, trying to ignore Peeves and his horrible singing with many swear words and insulting comments, she bumped into someone. She felt a strong arm gently grabbed her arm leading her to a different direction.

“Lumos,” spoke the person and Lily saw to her dismay that it was James who had found her. Lily’s heart sank.

Why am I always stuck with Potter! I don’t want to be stuck with you, she complained bitterly in her head as though James could read her thoughts.

“I’m not with you Potter. Let go of me,” argued Lily trying to yank her arm free. James simply gave her a look that plainly said ‘are you serious?’ She sighed knowing that she was defeated since he had a good point. She couldn’t exactly just stand there until someone found her. Bt of course she would never agree out loud. It would be impossible to find Jamie and she knew in her gut that Filch wasn’t the only person coming in search of them.

“Never will I ever play truth or dare,” she whispered firmly as she jogged beside James.

Peeves singing became fainter and fainter. Lily looked around, suddenly conscious that she didn’t know where they were.

Is this Potter’s idea of a joke to get us lost, she though trying to find any hints from his face, studying it carefully. His hazel eyes were looking up ahead, his glasses slowly falling down his straight nose.

“I know I’m good looking Evans, but seriously it’s got to stop soon before you become obsessed,” said James the corners of his mouth twitching slightly. He was fighting the urge to grin down at her.

“I was definitely not looking at you,” lied Lily instantly feeling herself blush. She averted her eyes away from his face. Looking straight, Lily said her teeth chattering, “Where are we going? Greenland?”

“You’ll see,” said James simply. It was freezing cold.

Well, I never thought I’d be in this situation. How lovely, she said to herself sarcastically.

James suddenly stopped short making Lily accidentally bump into him by surprise. She was about to give James a piece of her mind when she heard it. Voices and she was sure it wasn’t her imagination. It wasn’t clear but faint and far away but the two students cold hear whispers being exchanged.

“Around four students…left a huge mess in the library…Restricted Section…still wandering…be ever so helpful…stupid Peeves…not far from here,” said a voice rather loudly.

James and Lily slowly and carefully turned a corner to see the small and far figures of Filch with Ms. Norris at his feet. A door was wide open and it seemed that he was talking to someone but neither students could see whom. The mysterious person’s shadow stretched along the other wall giving a shape of a tall and lean figure.

James pointed at a large tapestry and an enormous armor in front of it at one side of the wall. Following his lead, Lily hid behind the armor beside James.

I feel like a secret agent, thought Lily smiling to herself.

“Of course…such disgusting behavior…severe punishments…never in my entire years of teaching have I heard something like this,” answered another voice that sounded oddly familiar.

“Thank you Professor McGonagoll,” replied Filch quietly and gave her a rare crooked smile showing his yellow teeth. Lily inwardly groaned. Am I just cursed forever? She asked to no one in particular.

Just shoot me, thought James. All this for a book?

“Come on Evans,” whispered James softly behind her. Lily turned to move but lightly hit the armor with her fake but yet diamond ring. The diamond hit the metal making it echoing and creating a small noise.

Thankfully Filch and Professor McGonagoll hadn’t heard anything. But it seem that luck switched sides as Ms. Norris turned around, her yellow eyes peering through the darkness and finally landing on the armor James and Lily were hiding behind.

“Great job,” hissed James but Lily didn’t dare retort. As though ready to spring into action, Ms. Norris left Filch’s side and slowly and purposely walked over to the armor.

“That cat is not normal,” noticed James as he held his breath watching the gray cat’s every move. Lily felt James moving behind her, his elbow hitting her back. Looking at him in annoyance, she saw that he had his wand ready and raised, aimed at Ms.Norris.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?” mouthed Lily looking outraged at the mere idea.

“Do you have a better idea?” James mouthed back, challenging her.

“Yeah, like put your wand away,” whispered Lily. James simply gave her a ‘you’re kidding’ look.

“Maybe we should just show ourselves,” advised Lily quickly trying to grab James’s wand. James looked at her as though she had grown three extra heads.

“Can I just pretend that I didn’t hear that?” he whispered looking at her in shock, “Why would we ever show ourselves in? What’s the point?”

“Never mind,” sighed Lily seeing that James had completely lost the point.

“I think you hit your head on something hard,” joked James laughing quietly but Lily didn’t join him.

“Well what are you going to do? Blast the cat into smithereens?” whispered Lily frustrated. James opened his mouth to answer but a long and loud ‘meow’ echoed the corridor.

“Oh no,” whispered Lily horrified.

“Run,” hissed James and the two bolted the other way, Ms. Norris quick on their heels. She let out a screeching cry and started to follow them.

“Ms. Norris,” called Filch suddenly aware that his cat was missing from his side.

James meanwhile raised his wand towards the cat, ready and aimed but Lily slapped him on the arm.

“Grow up Potter,” she said sounding disgusted.

“Stop! Students out of bed! Stop!” screeched Filch.

“Stop now. As a professor of this school I order you to stop now,” screamed Professor McGonagoll picking up her robes as she ran.

“Curse them Professor. They’re not that far away,” persisted Filch.

“I beg your pardon,” asked Professor McGonagoll in outrage, “We certainly do not ‘curse them’ by any means. They’re students!”

“Just an idea,” mumbled Filch darkly.

“Don’t look back or else they’ll see your face,” panted Lily. The two students quickly turned a corner.

Oddly enough, the corridor didn’t have any doors except one at their right.

“We have to hide,” said James.

“Oh no, you think?” said Lily sarcastically. James pointed at a door and swung it opened. The two students looked at what was inside.

“You got to be kidding me,” said Lily in disbelief but James merely shrugged his shoulders.

“Best thing we got unless you want to get caught by Filch and McGonagoll and get detention until you graduate,” replied James grinning despite the situation. Lily gave him a death glare.

“Ladies first,” said James and dramatically moved aside for her to enter. Lily stood her ground.

“Time is a fickle thing Evans. Any day now,” said James tapping his foot. Lily passed him making sure to hit him on the shins. With James following closely, he closed the door wondering how Lily could kick so hard. Darkness covered them as soon as the door closed shut. Lily couldn’t even see her hands right in front of her.

“This is cozy,” said James lightly and Lily felt him sit down beside her very closely.

“Potter, don’t act dumb. It’s not making the situation any better,” said Lily, her tone poisonous.

How ironic that so many girls in the school would love to be with Potter here of all places, and I’m stuck with him. I’m stuck with James Potter in a broom closet and it doesn’t look like I’m getting out any time soon, thought Lily.

She tried to sit in a better position, basically away from James but instead a broom out of nowhere came and hit Lily on the head. Lily dropped her wand as she rubbed her sore head.

“Great, just great,” she mumbled. It seemed that fate was mocking the two, laughing at their situation.

“Hey Evans, you want to play a game?” asked James suggestively.

“What?” asked Lily uninterestedly.

“Have you ever heard the game called ‘Kiss James Potter For Five Minutes?” asked James teasingly.

Lily at that point seriously wished she hadn’t dropped her wand, or else she would have cursed James to oblivion. Lily knew that this was going to be a long night. As she felt a foot collide with her knee, she took a deep breath.

“Potter…”

Yes, fate was definitely laughing at the two.