Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: In this chapter, Jamie is stuck with Sirius in Myrtle's bathroom while Lily is stuck with James in a broom closet. Things are bound to get worse, but how worse? Read and find out! Enjoy!
Chapter 3- Stuck With You Part 2



In the boys’ dormitory room Remus Lupin sighed impatiently. This was the tenth game of wizard chess that he was playing with Peter and he was sick of it. The only reason that he was awake at this hour was because of the noise around him. With Peter’s protests that he’ll win the next game and the chess pieces screaming insults at each other and at him, Remus seriously doubted that he would be able to sleep anyways. Rubbing his tired eyes he gazed over the chessboard feeling nothing but tiredness and complete boredom.



They’ve been gone for over two hours, he thought losing his patience.



He checked his watch to find that only a single minute had passed by. Trying to convince himself that maybe his watch was broken, he barely paid attention as to where he was putting his bishop. His mind preoccupied, he didn’t hear the curse words sent from the bishop, which were of course meant for him. He sighed loudly; oblivious the fact that his two pawns had started to fight. He resisted the urge to yawn even though he was drowsy with sleep.



How long does it take to get a book?



Remus took a sidelong glance to his right at the half filled potion in the black cauldron sitting on the wooden desk. Then he stared at the ingredients lines neatly in two rows beside it that took them two months to finally retrieve (including a month of detention and losing 100 points for Gryffindor). The plan was brilliant; all they needed was to make the potion. It had to be one of the best pranks the four boys had ever come up with this year. He could imagine the reactions from everyone. Remus smiled, picturing him and his three friends the center of attention.



Problem was, the instructions for this amazing, marvelous, wonderful and dangerous potion would be hard to find. Making a potion that the four boys had in mind would certainly not be found in one of your ordinary school potions books. The book they were looking for was resting, Remus was sure of it, in one of the dusty shelves in the Restricted Section of the library. No doubt it was watched under the hawk eye of Madame Pince, the librarian, every day. Not surprising him at all, James and Sirius volunteered quite happily to retrieve it a while ago and haven’t been back since. He felt as though time had slowed down considerably.



“I’m going to go crazy,” concluded Remus softly to himself. He was usually calm and relaxed but tonight he felt different. He was filled with excitement and anticipation but with one look at the bacl cauldron Remus started to feel restless. Once again he checked his watch silently begging it to go faster. Remus then turned and gazed at the window, daydreaming trying to forget about the prank and think about anything else.



“Hey, you stupid oaf. Take you pick! Play already idiot,” yelled one of his knights impatiently to Remus, waving his sword threateningly. Remus looked at the knight in surprise.



“It’s not my turn. It’s his-” started Remus but stopped short seeing the slumped figure of Peter on his chair. He snored loudly, saliva hanging from his mouth.



“Any day now you ugly basta-” shrieked the knight. Remus merely flicked the piece in annoyance with his hand and closed his eyes. Sleep came to him and everything went black.





In the girls’ dormitory room a bunch of girls were giggling and whispering in a large circle. It was quite obvious that the girls weren’t planning on sleeping any time soon. All of the girls suddenly hushed down as they all stared at one girl in particular. The small girl blushed a dark red as she noticed everyone’s eyes rested on her watching her every move. She nervously played with her long blond hair, braiding and unbraiding it several times. Her blue green eyes were on one person and that person was Vanessa Wilkins. Vanessa smiled sweetly at her but her dark purple eyes twinkled wickedly at her victim. She whispered three words, barely moving her red lips.



“Truth or dare Amanda?” she questioned gazing at her intently without blinking. The blond girl thought about it for a moment, braiding and unbraiding her hair faster and faster.



“Dare,” she said finally trying to sound brave. Vanessa and her friends smiled while the other girls whispered and giggled again, hoping that whatever Vanessa thought of it would be something terribly embarrassing.



“I dare you to wait downstairs in the Common Room. When you see Lily and Jamie come inside, tell them that Professor McGonagall wants to see them immediately to talk about their detention in her office,” smiled Vanessa in satisfaction. Everyone gasped and turned to look at Amanda, all of them wondering if she would do it.



“They’re going to get in so much trouble,” squealed a girl with pigtails. Her friend beside her threw a pillow at her to quiet her down.



“Fine,” said Amanda, trying to push the unmistakable feeling of guilt.



I always liked Lily and Jamie, she thought as she quickly got up and turned to leave the circle.



“I think someone should go with her just in case,” someone said, making Amanda stop in her tracks.



“O.K,” said Amanda turning around, “who wants to come?”



“I will,” volunteered a girl named Alex.



“When I come back, it’s my turn,” added Amanda her blue green eyes staring directly at Vanessa before she went downstairs with Alex heading for the Common Room.



“We’ll be waiting,” giggled Vanessa,“ who’s turn is it now?”



In a large and cold bathroom far away from the Gryffindor’s Common Room, there was not a sound except for a few whimpers and sniffles. It was dark; the only light coming from the dirty enormous windows, the moonlight shining from outside. A small ghost flew around the bathroom, tears flowing down her cheeks.



“Everyone hates me. Fat Myrtle, Ugly Myrtle, Miserable Myrtle! Stupid Peeves,” sobbed a small sad voice that belonged to the ghost. She looked outside the window, the moonlight reflecting her big glasses that kept sliding down her nose. She had chosen to walk around her bathroom, a rare occasion since she would always be found in her toilet. She turned away from the windows noticing that the bathroom was flooding quickly.



“No one misses me even when I’m dead!” thought Myrtle. The scene with Peeves earlier that day was still fresh in her mind. It was replaying over and over again. A sudden noise erupted causing Myrtle to look away from the windows. The door burst open with such force that she jumped in surprise and shock, wondering who on earth would be coming to her bathroom at this time at night. There was simply one person that she could think of and she didn’t want to see him.



Not again, she thought angrily, her hands balled into fists.



“Peeves go away!” she shrieked and dived into her toilet out of pure anger.



But the door to the girls’ bathroom opened to reveal not Peeves, but two students completely out of breath as though they had been running for their lives. Those two students were Jamie and Sirius.



“Oh no, why did we come here?” asked Jamie, regret clearly in her voice. She looked around, knowing perfectly well where she was.



“You know this place?” asked Sirius in surprise while trying to catch his breathe, having no memories or recognition of the place. The two quickly whispered ‘Lumos’ and they noticed that the bathroom was flooding.



“Its a girls’ bathroom,” replied Jamie dryly, “Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom,” She groaned knowing perfectly well that she wasn’t one of Myrtle’s favorites people ever since that incident in fourth year. She also knew very well that her visit was going to be anything but a warm one.





At the other side of the school in a long and dim corridor, there were muffled voices that belonged to James and Lily, coming from inside the broom closet.



“Lily dear,” said James, “No wait- Sweetie Pie is much better isn’t it?”



“You really want to get beat up don’t you?” replied Lily grumpily. James had thought it amusing to call Lily other than Evans, “since it’s so old.” And here he was coming up with the most ridiculous and idiotic names (in Lily’s opinion) that Lily hoped very much that he would never say in public. James had a long list of names, the next one more embarrassing than the first.



“I have a few names for you Potter,” said Lily evilly, “How about Potty? Or Big Head?”



“If I didn’t know better my little sweet pumpkin, I would think that you were flirting with me,” said James teasingly, the names she said having no effect on him. Lily had stopped with the names immediately after that.



Trying to be very suave, James rested his arm around Lily’s shoulder. At first Lily didn’t move at all and James grinned feeling relieved.



She’s finally warming up to the handsome James Potter, he thought in satisfaction. About time too.



But suddenly Lily swung her rested arm, hoping very much that she hit James on the face.



“OUCH! That hurt Pookie!” pouted James while Lily turned a dark red.



Pookie? Pookie! That’s enough Potter,” she said, “You may call me Evans but never will you ever call me Pookie!”



“Would you kiss my nose for me Pookie?” asked James teasingly knowing very well that he was pushing it.



“You really do want my shoe down your throat, don’t you,” snarled Lily.



“I wouldn’t mind if it was something else but…” muttered James to himself.



“To pass the time, I have a suggestion,” said James. Lily, tired and angry, wasn’t very keen on knowing what James was up to.



“What?” she asked tiredly.



“We can play ‘Kiss James Potter For Twenty Minutes’ instead,” suggested James.



Lily counted in her head, trying very hard not to blow up in James face.



Maybe I should just ignore him, she thought.



She hummed to herself softly a tune that Jamie had been humming on their way to the library while dreaming about sleeping in her bed with her warm pillows and blankets.



“Evans,” called James after some time. Lily continued humming.



“Evans,” said James a little bit louder. Lily continued humming louder as well.



“Oh Evans,” said James his voice extremely high. Lily ignored him and started singing out loud. She soon found out that she didn’t know the words to the songs so she began singing a muggle song.



“Oh Evvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssss,” yelled James in her ear.



“What?” she yelled back angry that he had won.



“Shall I give you the honors of going with you to Hogsmeade this week end?” he proposed.



“No,” said Lily.



Does that even make sense? She wanted to scream. He’s so conceited, so arrogant. How does he do it, knowing what buttons to push, she wondered.







(Author's Note: First of all, I would like to apologize for the long delay for this chapter!! Sorry! Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter and don't worry because the fourth one is coming pretty soon! Remember to review! Review, review, review! Thanks)