Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Here's my fourth chapter! It's finally up!
Chapter 4- Stuck With You Part 3

Amanda waited nervously on a red and gold armchair near the fireplace in the Gryffindor’s Common Room, her eyes always staring at the portrait hole as though Lily and Jamie would come out any second. The guilt inside of her hadn’t died down but grown, making her feel more uncomfortable. Forcing her eyes away from the portrait hole she looked around trying to think about anything else. Everything was quiet as neither Amanda or Alex were talking.

Maybe they got caught, thought Amanda hopefully, that way I don’t have to lie to them.

She looked at her watch. They were gone for 3 hours.


Lily, unaware of the trick that was being set up for her and Jamie to get in deeper trouble, was thinking how on earth she was in the situation she was in now.

Things can’t get any worse than this, she thought.

With having all of the teachers on a midnight hunt for them with Filch in the lead because they had ruined- no destroyed the library, Lily wondered if anything could go worse. Not forgetting the chaos and mess that Peeves left behind that caused them to separate; Lily definitely didn’t want to get caught. She was thinking about Madame Pince’s reaction when she would see the library in its ruins when Lily felt James move beside her, trying to come closer.

“Don’t even think about it,” said Lily knowing what was on James’s mind. James continued moving, either he didn’t hear her or was ignoring what she had said.

Lily heard James’s elbow hit a hard object. The shelves nearby started to rattle as though there was an earthquake and then different objects that she guessed were cleaning materials fell down with a loud bang.

Lily cried out in pain as an object she guessed was a bucket had collided with her forehead, which was now throbbing in pain.

“Potter, why did you move?” she cried furiously her eyes watering. She could imagine a large bump on her forehead forming.

“I had an itch,” replied James coughing. The two were covered in dust.

“Thanks to you, I have a bump the size of a football,” she snapped not having any sympathy for him whatsoever.

“What’s foot bull?” asked James puzzled.

“Never mind,” answered Lily darkly not in the mood to explain the muggle sport. She could imagine herself with bumps and bruises as though she was in a fight with someone.

“Suit yourself Pookie,” said James lightly. Luck was on his side, as it seemed that miraculously none of the cleaning materials had hit him at all but had fallen mostly on Lily. Lily whimpered when she touched her forehead, hoping that it wasn’t bleeding.

“Are you okay Pookie?” asked James softly. Lily grunted in response, finding it better than talking.

“Are you sure?” persisted James who had taken her response as a ‘yes’. Lily was surprised to hear a hint of real concern and sympathy in his voice. But she shook it off convincing herself that she had hit that bucket harder than she thought and was imagining things. Lily merely grunted in response once again.

“All right then you cave woman,” commented James lightly.

“Cave woman? I’m no cave woman!” exclaimed Lily finally speaking up.

“She does have a voice,” teased James. “Can you say anything else?” he added as though he was talking to a little child.

“Yes,” muttered Lily darkly. James laughed but Lily didn’t join in since she found nothing funny.

“I never thought I would see the day that you would sneak while everyone was asleep,” said James conversationally.

“Well I rather have a clean record than be the school’s troublemaker and biggest bully,” snapped Lily.

“What have I ever done?” asked James in fake innocence.

“Bullying the first years by hanging them in mid air is one example,” said Lily.

“Liar,” said James simply.

Unlike Lily, who was getting more and more irritated by the minute, he was secretly waiting for her to explode. He knew that his cheery mood was getting to her and it was only a matter of time.

“I saw it with my own eyes!” exclaimed Lily.

“What you saw was me interacting with the younger students,” replied James calmly as though he was talking to a little child that was having a temper tantrum.

“So hanging a bunch of first years students is ‘interacting,’ said Lily knowing that she caught him in his little web of lies.

“Yes,” responded James as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“No it’s not,” cried Lily frustrated, “It’s the complete opposite,”

“I was interacting with them while they were in the air,” said James in a matter of fact.

“Very funny,” muttered Lily.

“It’s your fault that we’re in this situation,” James muttered to himself but Lily caught every word he said. Lily’s green eyes blazed in the dark in anger.

“My fault? My fault! What do you mean that it’s my fault? If they’re should be anyone to blame, it should be you,” she stated fiercely.

“Yeah right Evans, you wish. You want to stay in a small closet with me,” said James teasingly.

“Excuse me Potter but need I remind you that it was you who decided to come in here,” spat Lily angrily.

“Need I remind you that if it wasn’t you who had knocked down all the shelves from the Restricted Section, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” said James.

“You pushed me!” cried Lily in defense.

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not,” said James.

“Did too,” said Lily.

“And here we are fighting like an old married couple,” noted James.

“Potter we are the farthest thing from a married couple,” replied Lily trying to sound indifferent. James continued talking on and on but something was nagging Lily at the back of her mind. She still remembered the kiss in the library, remembering every moment of it.

You liked how soft his lips were, said a teasing voice in Lily’s head.

Of course not! It’s Potter for crying out loud! Answered another voice.

The way he slide his arm around your waist…

I didn’t like that!

Yes, you did…

“Shut up,” said Lily out loud and immediately clapped her hand over her mouth.

Oh great, now he heard me, thought Lily blushing.

“You don’t have to deny it,” said James.

“Deny what?” asked Lily realizing that James thought she was talking to him.

“Pookie, Pookie, Pookie, when will you learn?” sighed James dramatically.

"Learn what?" asked Lily ignoring her new nickname.

“Actually, it’s pretty obvious that you have feelings for me. Everyone can see it,” replied James playing it cool.

“Yeah right,” said Lily snorting in disbelief.

“The first step of love is always denial,” replied James solemnly. Lily sat there speechless.

First step of love? Denial? What is he going on about?!

“I know, I know. What would everyone say? Lily Evans is head over heels for James Potter. You can’t hide it forever,” continued James. Lily snorted in disbelief once again.

“A guy can only take a few rejections,” he warned pretending to sigh deeply.

“Oh trust me. I’ll be brave,” said Lily sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

Too bad I can’t see her in the dark. She’s pretty cute when she’s mad, thought James. A smile spread across his face.

“Plus, to make matters worst, you’re taking all the room,” persisted James.

I love to make Evans mad, he thought evilly.

“Are you calling me fat?” exclaimed Lily in disbelief.

What nerve! I am not fat! She thought outraged.

“Well you are taking more room than me,” assured James that was what he thought.

“I think it’s just your big enormous head, ” replied Lily nastily, her famous temper coming fast like a tidal wave.

“No, you’re just fat,” coughed James. Lily gave a sigh wanting to ripe her hair out in frustration.

No better, Potter’s, she thought evilly.

Her mind was full of insults she wanted to say to James but thought better of it.

I will not go down to his level. He just wants me to get mad, thought Lily trying to calm down. I won’t be mad. I won’t be mad. I won’t be mad, she chanted over and over again as though her anger would evaporate.

She moved over and earned another bucket, which this time collided with the back of her head. Lily cried out in pain for the second time. But it seemed that this bucket was filled with some sort of liquid. The content inside had spilled onto James and Lily, some of it on Lily’s hair as well.

“What is this?” shrieked Lily.

“It’s some sort of glue, gel liquid thing,” replied James lamely after spitting some out, which had most unfortunately entered inside his mouth when he cried out in surprise.

“It’s disgusting,” revolted Lily, not liking the feeling of being soaked in some kind of liquid.

“It smells like Grandma’s house,” commented James on the smell. The odor was terrible, smelling of something rotten and old like cheese. It quickly stunk the entire broom closet.

Things had just got worse, concluded Lily to herself.


Back in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, Sirius stared, taking in the foreign surroundings. He had never been in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom.

This is going to be my first and last visit, he thought to himself.

Going to a girls’ bathroom wasn’t new to him as he remembered how he and the three Marauders had hid in one trying to avoid Filch at all cost after the four boys had dyed Ms. Norris’s fur to bright yellow.

“Let’s leave,” he said abruptly his eyes darting around wishing that Moaning Myrtle wouldn’t show up. He had never seen her up close and wanted to keep that way. He never liked being neared crying girls but being near a crying ghost who haunts a toilet would be more than uncomfortable.

“I think we should stay here until it’s safe to leave. We don’t want to bump into Filch,” answered Jamie. She was pretty sure that this was going to be the last place that Filch would ever look. She sat down on the ground pretending to look at her cold feet when she really was eyeing at the book in Sirius’s bag out of the corner of her eye.

I almost had it, she thought not believing her luck. Just as Peeves had thrown the fireworks towards them, Jamie had ducked covering her hands over her head. Sirius had taken the chance to dive for the book before he split up with James.

Jamie continued watching Sirius every move. He walked around the bathroom taking everything in detail.

“This is the gloomiest bathroom I’ve ever seen,” he commented lightly.

“Well it is Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. You can guess that not a lot of people come over here,” replied Jamie,“ It’s not fun to hear someone sobbing when your doing your business,”

“No one comes here,” said Sirius making sure what he heard was right. There was a mischievous gleam in his eyes as though he had though of something.

“Yes,” answered Jamie slowly, watching Sirius cautiously.

He’s up to something, though Jamie suspiciously watching him ever so attentively.

This is a perfect place to make the potion, thought Sirius as he saw his reflection in the cracked dirty mirror.

He looked away wondering if he had ever been in a place that was so depressing. Jamie shook her head thinking that things couldn’t be worse. She had lost Lily thanks to Peeves and was stuck with Sirius Black for the time being.

Not pleasant at all, she thought. But I’m not leaving without the book, she added with determination, imagining the look of defeat and disbelief on Vanessa Wilkins’s face when she would hand the book to her. She smiled and stood up.

“Look’s like she’s not here,” noted Sirius happily hearing not a sound except his voice. The place was not usually filled with Moaning Myrtle’s wailings and sobbing.

That is odd, thought Jamie suddenly aware that Moaning Myrtle’s presence was missing. That’s not right…

“What are you doing here?” asked a scandalized voice behind them. The two turned around to meet Myrtle, an angry expression on her face.

We’re in trouble now, thought Sirius.


Lily shivered, hugging her knees to her chest, trying to keep herself warm. It was colder now that she was wet.

"Cold?" asked James smirking as he felt her shiver.

"No," she replied defiantly, not wanting to tell him the truth. Right after she replied, she sneezed.

"You know I can hug you to keep you warm," suggested James slyly.

"No thank you Potter. You’re just as wet as me," answered Lily tiredly. She closed her eyes and immediately started to dream about being in the girls’ dormitory room, inside her warm bed and pillows and blankets. In only a few minutes, Lily was snoring softly.

Despite what Lily had just said, James put his arms around her. To his great surprise, Lily snuggled up to him, her head on his chest, still dreaming. Countless of minutes passed by without the two uttering a single word.

This pillow is warm…and wet, thought Lily puzzled and confused.

Today is my lucky day, thought James grinning from ear to ear. Lily didn’t move away from James. In fact she didn’t move at all. James smiled, very surprised that Lily hasn’t punched him but liked it very much. Slowly he slide his arms down. He closed his eyes peacefully when-

“James Potter get your disgusting hands of my bottom!” shouted Lily. At that point she had snapped from her reverie and she was definitely wide-awake now finding that what she was snuggling against was not a pillow. She slapped his hands right away.

“Someone got her knickers in a twist,” teased James ruffling his hair, making sure it wasn’t becoming neat even though no one could see it in the dark. He had always presumed that girls loved it when guys had messy hair. But most importantly he had always presumed that Lily loved guys with messy hair. But many times Lily had fought the urge to say that he looked like an idiot.

“You have a problem Potter, you know that? I think your head’s too big for a normal human being. And keep your hands away from me,” snapped Lily frustrated.

“Well it’s not like you’re normal too,” replied James.

“Even for a witch,” he added grinning. Lily rolled her eyes in annoyance. Is he this immature?

“What? Cat got your tongue? Out of insults except for ‘four eyes’ already? You are losing your touch,” joked James.

“Trust me when I say that there are just too many insults to say to you but with your big head filled with nothing, you won’t fully understand what I just said,” snapped Lily.

(Author's Note: Hey everybody. I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit boring, it's just going to take them a while to get them out of the situation they're in. Anyways love feedback! Review! Thanks!)