Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Jamie and Sirius stared at the angry Myrtle in front of them.

Knew she was going to come sooner or later, thought Jamie bitterly.

“What do you mean what are we doing here?” asked Jamie quietly breaking the silence. She laughed nervously, trying to buy time to think of a decent lie.

“I mean what are you doing in my property at this time,” answered Myrtle rudely, folding her arms, giving Jamie a piercing glare.

“This isn’t your property, it’s a girls’ bathroom,” replied Sirius instantly unable to think of anything else to say. The two girls stared at him in amazement.

“You’re a boy. Boys aren’t allowed in a girls’ bathroom. Especially you,” said Myrtle in a snobbish manner. Myrtle turned and gave a dirty look at Jamie with her huge eyes.

“You again,” she said simply giving a look as though she had smelled something horrible, “ you thought it would be funny to bring him along, didn’t you? Wanted to get a good laugh, huh?”

“Of course not-” said Jamie trying to be kind.

We now have a problem, thought Sirius as the grin disappeared on his face, his laughter dying.

“Give me a good reason as to why you are here,” said Myrtle coldly, giving a murderous glare in Jamie’s direction.

“We…we were…” said Jamie lamely, her mind completely blank.

“We wanted to use the bathroom,” finished Sirius and Jamie nodded along as though that was exactly what she was going to say.

“Together?” questioned Myrtle raising an eyebrow.

“Yes together. Because we’re…”

“A couple,” finished Sirius once again. This time Jamie turned around to face him, her back facing Myrtle.

“What?” she mouthed angrily.

“Isn’t that right pumpkin?” said Sirius loudly to make sure that Myrtle could hear but looking directly at Jamie. After a long pause Myrtle heard Jamie agree to confirm what Sirius had just said.

“Really,” said Myrtle in disbelief, “ you don’t look like a couple,”

“Oh yeah. We love to do everything together,” said Jamie crossing her fingers behind her back.

“We work together, we eat together,” said Sirius counting down all kinds of reasons as he casually walked closer to Jamie. He slid his arm around her waist.

“Okay that’s enough,” whispered Jamie feeling uncomfortable.

“We even sleep toge-”

“That’s enough Black,” hissed Jamie and she stepped purposely on his foot. Angrily walking away from him, she stood beside the door, ready to leave. She didn’t notice Myrtle coming closer wanting to talk to Sirius.

“You know, you could always leave her for someone better,” said Myrtle to Sirius giggling, her loathing for him apparently evaporating. She emphasized the word ‘her’ as though Jamie was a disgusting piece of gum on her shoe.

“Any ideas?” joked Sirius but secretly was wishing that he wasn’t so close to Myrtle as he was now.

“Well, it does get lonely in here. Not a lot of people come over here,” she said sighing dramatically, her face inches away from Sirius’s. Then suddenly, she jumped up in the air full of delight as though she had thought of a fantastic and marvelous idea.

“If you were to visit then no one would know,” she whispered in his ear then burst into a fit of laughter while looking sweetly at him.

Jamie looked thunderstruck as she saw Myrtle batting her eyelashes shyly out of the corner of her eye.

What has the world come to? Thought Jamie. She started laughing uncontrollably, her shoulders shaking, seeing how uncomfortable Sirius was. Sirius, who was eyeing her, felt angry.

I’ll show Wills what’s really funny, he thought and turned to face Myrtle grinning.

“Maybe I should leave her,” he said loud enough that Jamie could hear by the door. Myrtle looked thrilled as though it was her birthday while Jamie’s face was expressionless.

What is he up to now? She wondered.

“You know, she’s sometimes very picky. Whenever I buy her flowers and chocolate she throws it in the garbage,” said Sirius sniffling as though trying to fight back tears. Myrtle gasped in shock.

“But why?” asked Myrtle.

“She says…she says…she says she wants diamonds instead!” cried Sirius and covered his face with his hands making it look like he was crying. Myrtle believed his whole act while Jamie rolled her eyes.

Can he get any cheesier? She asked herself.

For some reason she was feeling mixed emotions. She was mad and maybe a little bit…jealous?

No no no no no no no no, chanted Jamie over and over again. Of course not. I like Sirius Black. Pah! That it the most absurd thing ever!

“Fine, flirt with her as though I’m not in the same room,” mumbled Jamie darkly, her mood turning sour. The two didn’t reply.

“While you two ‘lovebirds’ talk to each other, I think I’m going to leave,” said Jamie loudly; making sure the two could hear her perfectly well this time.

She did not want to be near Sirius or Myrtle. She turned around to open the door when she saw that the doorknob slowly turn and push soundlessly. Wide eye, Jamie stood frozen with shock. A muffled voice was talking and someone was banging on the door on the other side.

“What is going around in there?” yelled the voice. Jamie soon recognized it. Filch was coming inside.


Meanwhile James was having the time of his life. He suddenly shifted over bumping his head against hers.

“What in the name of Merlin are you doing?” said Lily irritated her patience running thin. James continued to move over, hitting Lily repeatedly on different places.

“I think that there’s ants or cockroaches here,” mumbled James, “ and I think I got some in my pants,”

James continued moving around.

“I think it’s going up my shirt,” he muttered loud enough for Lily to hear.

Lily would have been laughing hysterically when she heard that, but there was a small problem. Lily’s worst fears were bugs. She hated them with a passion as most of her friends and family would say. The bugs she hated most were cockroaches and maggots. She couldn’t help it. She hated their very existence. The way they crawled through small spaces and the way they looked sometimes made Lily barf. That was one reason why she was well organized and neat.

“WHAT?” screamed Lily, “I hate cockroaches! I hate cockroaches! I hate cockroaches!”

Desperately trying to get up, she tried not to picture the bugs. I think something is crawling on me! Thought Lily horrified, her imagination getting the better of her. She started waving her arms around, trying to get the invisible bugs off her.

“Evans calm down! They’re just bugs!” reassured James trying to get a hold of her. More cleaning materials started falling down.

She’s going crazy. It was just a joke, thought James trying to hold in his laughter. The whole bug thing was a lie.

“I hate bugs,” shouted Lily, the hysteria still in her voice. James grabbed her arms and put them on her sides.

“Let’s get out. Let’s get out. I don’t care if I get caught by Filch or Professor McGonagoll any more,” she said trying to find the doorknob, being near tears. Bumping into the wall she fell back and landed on something soft.

“Evans you are fat,” moaned James as Lily landed on his lap. Lily turned and punched him on the stomach.

“For the last time I’m not fat!” she said annoyed. She quickly got up and started making a lot of noise by stomping her feet and clapping her hands. James laughed out loud not caring if he was loud or not.

Unfortunately for the two, they didn’t hear someone at the other side of the door. Unfortunately for them, it was Peeves who was grinning from ear to ear. And once again he was up to no good. He quietly and quickly took out the chewing gum from his mouth and placed it in the keyhole. The gum magically hardened immediately, making it impossible to open it from either side. He gave a loud laugh.

“Did you hear something?” asked Lily suddenly as she stopped stomping her feet and clapping her hands. But Peeves was flying away, his laughter becoming fainter while Lily wondered if it was her imagination was getting the better of her. Lily suddenly gave a piercing scream that scared James.

“What? What?” asked James urgently, wondering what the heck was going on.

“I felt something against my leg. I think it’s a cockroach,” whimpered Lily.


Jamie grabbed Sirius’s arm while ignoring the loud complaints coming from Moaning Myrtle.

“Hide,” she hissed. With one look towards the door Sirius understood. The two bolted towards the same stall at the same time. Hitting each other halfway there, the two fell down on the wet floor, Sirius on top of Jamie. He smirked down at her, coming closer and closer.

The door creaked open slowly, barely more than an inch. Sirius quickly got off Jamie, the two blushing and not looking at each other. They hid in the same stall closest to them.

“Why can’t you go to another stall?” whispered Jamie trying to push Sirius elbow from her back.

“Because you’re the one whose suppose to move,” whispered Sirius back. Jamie snorted, angry that her back shirt and pants were completely wet while Sirius was warm and dry.

It was an unusual sight to see. The stall was hardly big enough for two people. Sirius and Jamie’s back were together and their feet were on opposite walls so it would seem that there was no one in the stall, as there was no feet on the ground.

“Oh be serious,” whispered Jamie rolling her eyes.

“I am Sirius,” laughed Sirius quietly at his own lame and stupid joke.

“Shut up. Someone’s coming,” whispered Jamie and she was right. Footsteps slowly splashed to Sirius and Jamie’s ‘secret hiding place.’

“I think I’m going to be sick,” whispered Jamie.

“Jealous Wills?” asked Sirius bemused.

“You wish Black, you wish,” answered Jamie.


Lily looked at her glowing watch and she calculated the time that the two were in the broom closet.

“I think that we should leave now,” said Lily loudly. She wanted to get away from the bugs as soon as she possibly could.

“Yeah, probably so,” answered James and the two students tried to get up which was easier said than done. After many painful moments where they would hit each other on the head and bang into each other with their elbows, the two were up. James and Lily searched for the doorknob, their hands touching the wall feeling, moving in circles.

“We’re never going to find it,” stressed Lily.

After many countless and long minutes they found the doorknob. James turned and pushed. Nothing happened. Then he pulled. He pushed and pulled and pushed and pulled like a crazy mad man until Lily hissed, “We’re stuck,”

The whole situation dropped on the two like a bomb. They were stuck. Lily was stuck with James Potter, her worst enemy, while James could have been doing the cha cha if he had room. This wasn’t going to be a pleasant night at all, she concluded as she slide down the dirty wall. Hands on her head, she groaned. James sat down besides her being quite happy.

“Guess we’re going to have to wait until someone comes and opens the door,” said Lily bitterly.

“Guess so,” replied James cheerfully. Lily took a deep breath and screamed at the top of her lungs.

“HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY. ANYBODY!” she yelled making James jump in surprise.

“Help-”she started again James covered her mouth with his hand.

“Are you crazy? Why don’t you wake up the entire school then we’ll be in trouble,” he whispered.

“But I don’t want to be near the bugs!” hissed Lily. James cleared his throat. Better now than never, he thought as he opened his mouth.

“About the bugs Pookie,” began James, trying not to snort with laughter. He had to hand it to her, she was anything but dull and that was one of the many reasons why he was crazy about her.

He quickly explained waiting for the ultimate explosion. He didn’t have to wait long.

“WHAT?!”

And even weirder still James Potter wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else than here with a dangerously angry Lily.

Before either of them could speak, Lily and James heard voices outside.

“It sounds like Padfoot,” said James to himself taking his hand away from Lily’s mouth.

“Who’s Paddy?” asked Lily puzzled.

“I mean Sirius,” replied James smoothly. It was one of those rare times that his friends’ nicknames would slip into a conversation but all the time no one understood except for him and his friends.

“Are you sure? I can’t really hear anything,” said Lily and put her ear against the door. She definitely heard muffled voices speaking in hushed voices right in front of the door.

Finally a way to get out, she thought happily.

“Hello? Can you open the door?” yelled James knocking on the door.


Meanwhile back in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, Jamie was slipping and she was slipping fast. Her feet were barely touching the wall; it was just too far away. As a desperate move Jamie wrapped her arms around Sirius’s waist trying to keep her balance. Or else she would fall and Filch would definitely have noticed that.

Jamie was blushing but she was grateful that Sirius couldn’t see her face.

This is so embarrassing, she thought mortified at the idea of his constant teasing. He’s going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

“Hello? Anyone hear?” came the low and slow voice of Filch. “I’ll catch you wherever you students are and you’ll be having detention with me no doubt. And you know what I make bad students do for detention,”

Sirius gulped. Images of hanging from the dungeons walls, cleaning the floors and stairs and polishing the million trophies in the trophy room passed his mind. And without magic he added with a shudder that Jamie felt.

Jamie’s grip around Sirius’s stomach became suddenly tighter. What is this girl doing? Thought Sirius amused. Finally it seemed that Filch had decided to leave as Jamie and Sirius heard the door close shut.

“Finally,” breathed Jamie but didn’t lessen her grip.

“Hey Wills, there’s plenty of me to go around,” said Sirius casually. At that comment Jamie let go immediately and unfortunately fell down on the wet ground for the second time.

“I do not like you Black. Don’t even try to say that I do because I don’t,” said Jamie getting up.

“The first step; denial,” said Sirius smiling, “you just can’t hide your feelings for me and I know that I’m irresistible but-”

“Ha don’t make me laugh. Dream on Black. I will never like you as long as I live,” said Jamie while opening the stall.


Lily’s heart felt as if it was soaring as she did hear muffled voices outside the door. Lily sighed happily.

I’m saved, she thought. It has to be Jamie and I won’t mind if it’s Black either.

“Open up,” said Lily and added, “We’re stuck inside, it’s locked,”

Lily got up and started banging on the door, James joining her after a few seconds. The door suddenly swung opened, the light hitting Lily and James, blinding them for a few seconds until their eyes adjusted to the light. The door opened to reveal…