Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Chapter 6! We finally get to know who's the mysterious person that opened the broom closet and for Jamie and Sirius, lets just say it will be interesting how they get out of this one...
Rescued, Well Sort Of



Filch cursed under his breath. He was absolutely positive that he had heard loud noises coming from the girl’s bathroom besides Moaning Myrtle’s regular strangled sobs and wails. But once he stepped inside the flooded bathroom, Myrtle began howling and crying non-stop (which wasn't normal even for her) so much that Filch couldn’t think properly with her in the same room. His ears were still ringing and his dislike for the teenage ghost deepened considerably.



“Wretched, stupid, idiotic girl,” he muttered to himself as he silently walked in the empty and cold corridor.



I couldn’t even hear myself think, he thought as he gave one last suspicious glance at the girl’s bathroom he had just left before turning the corner.



He was furious. This was his chance to get rid of Peeves once and for all. He just knew that the mess the floor below was Peeves's doing but that did’t mean that he forgot about those students out of bed either. Peeves might have made a mess on hte floor below, but Filch knew that he didn't knock down all the shelves in the library.



Filch smiled wickedly, eager to give the most cruel and harsh punishments that Dumbledore would allow. He had to say, the swinging on the ceiling in the dungeons was one of his favorites. Hearing the students scream…those were the days.



Filch knew that the students were nearby, he could sense it. He had always taken pride in himself of always finding the culprits and his record wasn’t going to stop now. He called it his magical sixth sense.



As he continued walking, he distinctly heard soft footsteps coming closer and closer. Filch held his breath and leaned against the stone wall, his heart pounding with excitement, his black merciless eyes never wavering from the corner up ahead.



He knew that the students had an advantage, having a wand with them but that didn’t mean that he couldn’t use his bare hands if he needed to.



I have them now, thought Filch smugly picturing himself showing the students to Dumbledore and seeing them crying. He saw a tall shadow coming closer and closer wearing a tall hat.



Where have I seen that hat before? He wondered, finding something familiar to it. Shaking his head and telling himself to concentrate, he stood ready to jump on his unsuspected prey.



As the person quietly turned the corner, Filch leaped up, grabbing the mysterious person around the waist and fell hard on the ground. Well, the “culprit” fell hard on the ground while Filch was on top.



“I got you now,” he said triumphantly, putting his dirty hands on the ‘culprits’ mouth, muffling the screams and protests.





Jamie opened the bathroom stall, completely red in the face, to meet face to face with Myrtle. Jamie rolled her eyes as she moved over so Sirius could pass. Myrtle’s face suddenly shined with happiness seeing Sirius and she stood as close to him she could without touching him.



Someone has a crush on Black, thought Jamie. Why wasn’t she laughing at this hilarious situation in front of her? Why was she so…mad?



“I distracted him so that he wouldn’t be able to find you,” Myrtle said slyly to a now nervous and intimidated Sirius. Jamie could tell that he was trying to get away from Myrtle but Myrtle followed him everywhere, her eyes never leaving his face.



Serves him right, thought Jamie as a smirk appeared on her lips feeling a little bit satisfied that Sirius wasn’t enjoying himself.



Myrtle continued talking on and on about their ‘secret meetings’ that Sirius had never agreed or even voiced about, but Myrtle made sure she talked loud enough for Jamie to hear every single word that was coming from her mouth.



Does she honestly think that I even care? Thought Jamie.



Yes, you do, answered a small voice inside Jamie.



That feeling she felt only moments ago when Sirius was talking with Myrtle made her feel uneasy. She would never admit that it was jealously that she felt, let alone admit it to him.



“What’s the point?” Jamie blurted loudly, unable to control herself as she interrupted Myrtle, “It’s not like you’re going to leave bathroom anyways!”



Myrtle stared at her in shock, her face coloring until it was a deep red. Meanwhile Sirius stared at Jamie, trying his best not to laugh out loud. Sirius quickly disguised his snort into a cough.



Can’t believe that Wills is jealous, he thought arrogantly. I always had a gift with the ladies.



“Ladies, ladies. Even though it’s hard and it will take a lot of self control, I beg you not to fight over me,” said Sirius dramatically, closing his eyes and placing his hand on his heart as though it wounded him to see the two girls bicker over him. The two girls, oblivious to what Sirius was saying, were silently shooting death glares at each other.



“I know you love me- ” continued Sirius not knowing that the two girls weren’t even listening him.



“Get away from that!” screeched Myrtle and Sirius jumped in surprise. He opened his eyes to see Jamie dive for his bag. It had been beside the large water fountain, alone and forgotten until now, even by the attentive eyes of Filch.



“Don’t worry. I’m not stealing anything from that idiot,” snapped Jamie, rummaging through Sirius’s things.



Where is it? She wondered feeling irritated.



She threw most of the contents out, tossing in any direction, secretly hoping that it would hit Myrtle even though that would have no effect on the teenage ghost whatsoever.



“Wills, stop,” said Sirius suddenly white in the face.



If she finds it… he thought.



While ignoring Sirius, Jamie, barely glancing at it, threw a potion cup in a form of a red apple from Sirius’s bag, which was flying in the direction of Myrtle’s head.



“Nooo,” cried Sirius suddenly and leaped off the ground, his arms outstretched, his fingers desperately trying to get a firm grip of the glass apple.



The apple missed his fingers by a few inches and landed in front of Myrtle’s feet. Once it collided with the floor, it shattered in many pieces. Sirius stared at the shattered pieces, disbelief written on his face. A sweet aroma filled Myrtle’s nostrils while Sirius cried out in despair clutching his hair as though he wanted to ripe it out in frustration.



Myrtle sighed deeply, a strange smile on her usual glum and depressed face. She sighed happily looking off to space as though remembering happy memories.



Jamie looked up, seeing Myrtle’s expression of ….joy, then looked at Sirius sprawled across the wet floor, his clothes soaked.



He doesn’t have to be so dramatic about an apple, thought Jamie wondering what the whole commotion was about.



“What’s going on?” she said out loud but neither Sirius or Myrtle answer or gave any sign of hearing her.



”What’s going on?” she repeated this time louder. Sirius just shook his head and slowly got up on his feet. As quietly as possible he backed away from Myrtle, as though scared that she would see him.



“Black, answer me,” said Jamie impatiently.



It was just an apple, thought Jamie puzzled.



Why me? Why must everything happen to me? Why did I bring it with me? Asked Sirius to himself.



But unfortunately it wasn’t just an apple. It was one of the Marauders pranks that they were working on for the past two weeks. Filled inside the red glass apple was a love potion. It all started with the idea of making Severus Snape fall in love with Filch and publicly tell everyone so. And so, for two weeks the Marauders secretly worked on it. The idea was Snape to smell the potion and the first person he would see (hopefully Filch or someone just as horrible) he would fall in love with. But there were many problemes. Many complicated problems.



The Marauders never knew how long the person would fall in love. It could go on for days, weeks and maybe even months. The side effects were that the person would be extremely possessive, jealous and would have many explosions or outburst of anger. Everything could go back to normal if the person would kiss his or her “lover” on the lips.



Sirius was almost to the door, silent as a mouse. He ignoring Jamie’s silent protests and her waving arms, a smile forming on his lips.



What if Moaning Myrtle fell in love with Wills, he thought to himself and the idea made him shake with silent laughter. Neither of could kiss each other so the two would have to wait until the potion wears off.



Sirius took another step back, stepping on a piece of glass. The small noise echoed in the silent bathroom. Myrtle turned around to see what the noise was to find Sirius, hand on the doorknob.



Her face immediately brightened when she saw him, he eyes dancing in mirth.



So close, he thought wistfully looking at the door behind him. So close.



“Myrtle, are you alright?” asked Jamie, still not fully understanding what was happening before her eyes, “Sirius, you idiot, what did you do?”



Maybe the potion didn’t work, thought Sirius filled with a new found hope.



“Don’t you dare insult my Sirius!” shouted Myrtle to a shocked Jamie, her face contorted in anger. Sirius’s heart sank.



It sure worked alright, he thought to himself bitterly.



Jamie meanwhile looked at Myrtle in disbelief.



“My Sirius?” she repeated with a snort, “ is this some kind of joke?”



Myrtle replied with a very violent and rude language.



“Oh don’t worry Myrtle. I got exactly what I need,” replied Jamie coldly holding the book that had caused so much chaos and uproar to get.



She smirked at Sirius triumphantly. Her smirk was wiped off her face as she saw Sirius shrugged as though he was seeing the book for the very first time and didn’t have any significance to him. Right now, he honestly didn’t care about the book. Myrtle was his number one problem at the moment. Myrtle, on the other hand, felt quite different about Jamie rummaging through Sirius’s bag.



“Thief!” she yelled pointing an accusing finger at Jamie. Myrtle turned around to face Sirius, smiling sweetly at him.



“Don’t worry honey poo. I’ll get it for you from your ex-girlfriend,” she said.



“Step one, being possessive,” muttered Sirius to no one in particular.



What have I gotten myself into know? He groaned inwardly.





A tall figure stood in front of James and Lily, her hand still resting on the doorknob. Lily’s heart sank when she saw who it was.



Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no, Lily screamed in her head, desperately wishing that the person would disappear into thin air. I would have definitely preferred a teacher instead of her.



“What are you doing here?” asked the tall figure with a feminine voice. James, who couldn’t see because his glasses were dirty, could see a person with short brown hair.



“Who are you?” asked James ignoring the question while Lily blushed a dark red and cleared her throat.



“Well, who are you?” asked the tall female. She squinted at the two dusty students and suddenly gave a loud laugh that sent shivers up Lily’s back. That annoying, high pitch laugh that Lily had always hated.



“What’s so funny?” asked James irritate.



“OH. MY. GOSH! James Potter and Lily Evans in a broom closet doing who knows what in the middle of the night!” she screamed jumping up and down as though Christmas had come early.



“Be quiet Anna! Do you want the whole school to hear you!” shrieked Lily.



“Oh sorry,” said Anna sheepishly then added in a hushed tone, “ well it’s not everyday that I see James with you in a broom closet. What other secrets are you hiding from me?” she asked with a wink. Anna sat down next to Lily on the ground.



“Aren’t you going to help me explain?” asked Lily seeing that James was being pretty silent.



“You’re under control Pookie, you can take it from there,” he said calmly, still cleaning his glasses.



“Pookie? Pookie! That’s so adorable! Aw, you guys are the cutest couple ever! This definitely deserves first page on Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts!” cried Anna in delight looking as though she had won the lottery. In a way she did, because she had some information that Lily (James doesn’t mind at all) doesn’t want anybody to know.



“Please Anna, don’t say anything! Please, please please!” begged Lily dramatically; going on her knees and putting on the saddest face that she could muster.



But with Anna, it would be impossible to change her mind. She lived for the juiciest gossips and published them without any guilt, while putting some of her lies with it.



“Lily, you’re my friend. But the Hogwart’s population needs to know,” said Anna trying to put on an air of sympathy although she felt none.



No they don’t! Cried Lily in her head.



Anna pulled something from her pockets and Lily saw that it was a green and pink quill and some long parchment (James was still cleaning his glasses). Lily tried to get up but she couldn’t move away from James. Bewildered, she saw that the liquid that had splashed on them earlier when they were in the closet had dried. It was a whitish color and most of Lily’s hair was stuck to James’s shoulder while her right arm was glued to his left.



“What the…” she said in astonishment. Anna, who didn’t notice that the two “lovebirds” were attached, continued writing in a feverish manner on her parchment while quietly mumbling to herself, stopping for a few seconds to gasp or sigh.



Lily heard a few words like “love”, “passion”, “the secrets- all the lies” and knew that she was doomed. No matter what, she had to get that parchment. But even if she did get that parchment filled with lies, she knew it was stuck in Anna’s memory and they was no way that Anna was going to forget something like this.



“Don’t worry, Lily, this is great,” said Anna seeing the look on Lily’s face. Lily remained silent, wondering if she could try to erase her memory.



If only I had my wand…she thought and as quietly as she could be, Lily backed away, her left arm trying to find her lost wand.



“Trust me, this is the thing that I have been praying for so long. Ever since that incident,” trailed Anna and her look of pure joy quickly changed to a look of anger. Lily resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Anna soon began telling an inattentive Lily about the “scandal” that had almost ruined her social life. It would have interested Lily- if she hadn’t heard it from the same person over ten times.



Anna continued writing although her cheery mood had disappeared. Lily raised her eyebrows as Anna was stabbing her parchment more than writing on it.



The “scandal”, as Anna refers it, all started when she found out that a fifth year Hufflepuff had an “intimate affair” with one of the teachers. The very morning that the article was published in bold prints, forcing the poor Hufflepuff girl to hide in the girl’s dormitory crying her eyes out, rumors had flew across the school and at lunch everyone was staring either at the Hufflepuff table or the entrance to the Great Hall wondering if the “accused” Hufflepuff would show her face. Everyone seemed to believe every single word. Before the end of the day, everyone in the entire school had a copy in their bags whispering or giggling with their friends. That was Anna’s few moments of superstardom.



The next day, the students found everything to be false and it was Anna’s turn to run in hiding. But she didn’t hide well enough as Professor McGonagoll had found her and took the liberty of telling her that Anna was banned from the newspaper for two months for such scandalous behavior she had ever seen. Many students (mostly Hufflepuffs) thought that the punishment wasn’t harsh enough until they saw the state that she was in the next day. Anna looked like a lost and depressed little child.



Anna stopped stabbing her parchment, which had many holes, and smiled sweetly at Lily.



“How about we make an interview? That would be wonderful! Lily Evans and James Potter, The Hottest Couple In The School,” said Anna a in an awed voice, waving her hand in front of her face as though she could just see the title in front of her.



“Are you allowed?” asked Lily quietly knowing she was treating on dangerous territory.



“Today was my last day. I had to clean all those trophies in the trophy room. I am certainly glad that I heard you,” she added brightly.



“No, Anna I can explain. See what happened is-” started Lily but Anna raised her pink and green quill, silencing her.



“Question number one. How long has this been happening?” she asked peering at Lily, her blue eyes solely fixed on her. Lily, taken aback by the sudden attention, opened and closed her mouth not knowing what to say.



What am I suppose to say? She won’t even listen, thought Lily not believing how rude this girl was being. A smile crept at the corners of Anna’s mouth and she started nodding her head at Lily’s expression of despair.



“I completely understand,” she said and started writing on that piece of parchment that Lily had begun to loath so much.



I didn’t even say anything! Cried Lily in her head.



“No, no, no, no. What are you writing?” cried Lily this time out loud, trying to grab the parchment from Anna’s hands. But Anna was too fast for her and pulled back just in time.



“Our readers have the right to know,” Anna said solemnly getting up and dusting her robes from sitting so long on the ground. She started walking the other direction happily waving good-bye.



“What are you doing? Come back,” demanded Lily outraged. Anna merely turned around and blew Lily a kiss.



“You saved my social life and I promise I’ll save yours. Don't worry, I'll keep it PG 13,” she hollered across the hallway and disappeared into the dark, leaving a sleeping James and a shocked Lily behind a dusty broom closet.





(Author’s Note: You would not believe how much fun I had writing this chapter! Lily and James are finally out of the broom closet, so now the story will be going faster! I’m sure you guys are waiting for some action! I would like to say sorry for the hold up, school work is so boring but so much so it’s taking a lot of my time, but you guys can see that this is probably my longest chapter yet ( I think three thousands words, not sure). One person thought it was Professor McGonagoll, but she's coming up in the next chapter.

I’m half finished the seventh chapter.Don’t forget to review! Thanks!

blue sapphire lady)