Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“I…I…can’t believe it,” stuttered Lily still in shock.

“I honestly can’t steal over two hundred copies of Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts by myself,” she said out loud to nobody in particular.

Like I care if I’ll get a free copy or not. All of them are free for goodness sake! She thought remembering Ana’s “amazing offer.” Lily felt James’s head on her shoulder and began to snore. That only irked Lily more.

“You’re sleeping! At a time like this!” she yelled into his ear. James’s eyes shot up in surprise, looking wildly around.

“Who did it? What happened? What did I miss?” he asked looking around his surroundings wildly.

“Anna just saw us in the broom closet and had very different ideas as to why we were there, and now she’s going to write a novel about some stupid romantic rendezvous to the entire school,” exclaimed Lily loudly, a look of annoyance written on her face.

“Well, we could have done that but you didn’t want to,” he said yawning after a long pause and immediately wished he didn’t open his mouth. He wisely avoided eye contact with Lily, but he rightly guess that her face was redder than before. James suddenly felt very small under Lily’s intense glare.

“Just kidding Pookie, you know that I didn’t mean that,” he said hastily. He could have cut the atmosphere with a knife. Seeing that Lily wasn’t going to respond back by giving him the silent treatment, which he hated more, he continued.

“Well of course I meant that but- OUCH!” yelled James in surprise as he felt Lily’s hand slap him on the back of his head.

“What was that for?” he whimpered, secretly hoping that he would earn some sympathy, or even get Lily to talk.

I miss your annoyed, angry, sweet voice, thought James sadly.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Pookie?” voiced Lily hotly, “plus to make matters worse Ana heard that ridiculous nickname as well,”

James’s face immediately brightened and he turned to stare at Lily. He was absolutely sure that her glare softened just a bit.

About Ana coming to their rescue, James couldn’t be more happier.

Actually came, right place and right time, thought James happily.

He was thrilled that she was going to publish it, now the whole school wouldn’t always doubt him whenever he said that Lily was his girlfriend.

Serves that Smith guy, he was eyeing her for too long, thought James satisfied that something good in this disastrous night.

Meanwhile, in a few floors down, Filch was glowing with pride. He had finally caught the culprit. The punishments that he could give were endless!

Too many ideas, too many wonderful ideas, he thought, a wicked smile playing on his thin lips.

“Would you like hanging on the ceilings in the dungeons by your ankles? Or maybe cleaning the slim on the second floor?” asked Filch, superiority thick in his voice.

The “culprit” continued to struggle on and on.

“You know, you look a lot like Professor Mc- Professor McGonagall! What are you doing on the ground?” cried Filch finding to his horror that he didn’t catch a student but knocked down a professor.

He immediately let go of Professor McGonagall’s mouth as though his hand was on fire as he half expected her to spit on him.

“Get of off me now,” hissed Professor McGonagall with a venomous voice that scared Filch out of his wits. He quickly got off of Professor McGonagall with no hesitation and gave her his hand to help her up. She scowled darkly at him and picked up her black hat that had fell down when Filch had tackled her to the ground. She pushed Filch’s hand aside and got up on her own.

Once she got up, she took off one of her shoes. Filch stared at her in fright, unable to think what she was going to do with one shoe in her hand and the other on her foot. Quick as lightning, Professor McGonagall ran up to the frightened Filch and started hitting him with her shoe on various places numerous times. He heard words like “ treat a lady”, “what behavior”, “are you mad?”, “disgusting just disgusting” amongst other things.

Filch had never seen Professor McGonagall in such a state and he was sorry that he was first to see it as well. Repeatedly saying sorry while covering his head with his long arms, he took a quick peek as the continuous beating with her shoe had stopped. He saw Professor McGonagall putting her black shoe on and fixing her hair, which had loosened from her tight ponytail, which was to her shoulders. She straightened her black robes, fixed her hat on her head and began walking, wand in hand. Filch stood still, as though frozen, staring at Professor McGonagall as she quickly and quietly passed him. Her calm, relaxed and cool attitude was back as though nothing had ever happened. Filch had made it a point that from now on that he was to never upset Professor McGonagall ever, ever, ever again.


Back in Myrtle’s bathroom, Myrtle continued talking to Jamie of the “terrible crimes she had done to Sirius” such as taking the library book from his bag. Jamie couldn’t resist rolling her eyes, feeling that she was the only normal person in the room dead or alive.

This is absolutely ridiculous, she thought.

“Myrtle you have it all wrong. This isn’t his book. He stole it,” explained Jamie patiently. Myrtle, however, expressing that Sirius would never hurt a fly, charged after Jamie, a gleam in her eyes that Jamie didn’t like.

I wasn’t expecting this, thought Sirius half scared of the two girls, half amused.

Jamie, frozen in shock for a few seconds watching Myrtle flying towards her, suddenly found strength in her legs and ran. To any stranger that would have opened the door and entered the flooded bathroom at that moment, it looked like two girls were playing tag. Well that is if you ignore the screaming and insults they were yelling at each other.

“Are you insane?” screamed Jamie as she ran for her life.

She made a note to herself to never interact with any of Sirius’s ex girlfriends. Dodging Myrtle’s outstretched hands that were itching to grab Jamie’s throat, Jamie ran after Sirius. Even though Myrtle could do no physical harm on Jamie, which she knew very well, Jamie certainly didn’t like the feeling of stepping in and out of a very cold shower.

“What? Don’t follow me!” cried Sirius and started running from Jamie.

“Sirius Black, I don’t know what you did but I am going to hurt you,” yelled Jamie furiously chasing after the young teenage boy, “Don’t you run away from me!”

“You won’t hurt him,” cried Myrtle on her non-stop chase after Jamie.

“Myrtle stop, it’s okay,” replied Sirius seeing that this wasn’t leading anywhere, while he too continue to run, “ it’s really not my book,”

“You don’t understand my love. She insulted you. I can never bare that. No living human being will ever insult you!” promised Myrtle in a serious tone clutching her heart dramatically.

She continued about how their love will never be interfered ever again not noticing the panicked look on Sirius’s face.

She turned around to find that Myrtle had stopped running after her. Finding no point to continue running (she’ll get Sirius later) Jamie stopped by the fountain, trying to catch her breath.

Why did she stop? Thought Jamie to herself. She was pleased that she did but couldn’t help but wonder why.

“Sirius I must tell you something,” said Myrtle in a hushed voice. Sirius and Jamie stood still, not moving a muscle.

“Um…yes Myrtle?” asked Sirius nervously.

“Yes dear,” corrected Myrtle instantly.

“Yes dear?” mumbled Sirius.

“I love you with all my heart,” said Myrtle, her eyes closed, her hands clutching her heart once more.

Sirius saw the stunned expression on Jamie’s face out of the corner of his eye but most of his attention was focused, of course, on Myrtle. Her shoulders started to shake uncontrollably and Sirius was expecting the worst.

“But we can’t be together!” she exclaimed in agony, salty tears pouring from her eyes. Sirius stared at her, a blank expression on his face.

“I know my love, fate is mocking us both. We cannot continue on like this, being secret lovers, we just can’t do it,” sighed Myrtle sadly. Jamie snorted, unable to contain herself.

Secret lovers? Are you serious? She thought.

“O.K,” said Sirius simply with a sigh of relief. A very different scene had played in his head and he was grateful that it didn’t come true.

Myrtle came running- not to attack Jamie but to hug Sirius. Unsuccessfully she tried again and again which was unfortunate for Sirius who felt that he was going in and out of a very cold shower. Eventually Myrtle stopped and stared lovingly at Sirius, sending chills up his spine.

“You have a healthy life in front of you my Sirius, but when you die, we can be together through death. Forever and ever,” said Myrtle and started to cry dramatically and tried to faint but to no avail, as she couldn’t fall on the ground, so it lost the dramatic effect she was hoping for.

“Farewell my lover. We shall meet soon. I shall always remember your kisses- ”

“I’ll see you later Myrtle,” interrupted Sirius turning red in the face.

Would you look at that? Sirius Black blushing. Wow, what a crazy night this is, thought Jamie.

“We should go,” whispered Jamie to Sirius, her eyes on the weeping Myrtle.

“One more thing,” called Myrtle smiling shyly, “ if you have an affair with anyone behind my back, I’ll get you,”

Myrtle then burst into uncontrollable giggles while Sirius was still recovering from her threat.

“Black, I have no idea what you did to her and I definitely don’t want to find out,” said Jamie as she passed Sirius to open the door.

Book in hand, Jamie left Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, Sirius quickly following not taking a second look back. As he closed the door behind him, the two heard Myrtle scream four words.

“Sirius, I love you!”

Shaking his head, he made a mental note to never visit any girl’s bathroom from now on and to never make a love potion ever again.


“Potter would you stop moving, or else I’ll blast your arm off,” snapped Lily as James kept moving his tired arm. The odd liquid that had fell on them when they were stuck in the broom closet had hardened and made it impossible for James or Lily to move without the other person moving as well.

James hummed a tune. He didn’t mind being stuck with Lily, in fact he actually would have enjoyed. Going to class together, eating together, taking a shower together-

“Potter, did you hear me?” asked Lily, waving her hand in front of his dazed face. He was wearing a big goofy grin, which made Lily not really want to know what he was thinking about.

“Of course I’m listening. Now when did you say we should go out?” he asked casually. He got a small slap on the arm as a response.

“No need to get too touchy,” mumbled James sleepily fighting the urge to close his eyes and fall asleep.

It has to be past midnight, he thought wondering what time it was.

“Don’t fall asleep again!” said Lily loudly shaking James, “This is our chance to run to the Common Room without getting caught,”

With a lot of struggle, the two were on their feet and were walking as fast as they could without tripping each other.

“Ow, that’s the fifth time,” moaned Lily as she felt James’s foot collide with her own and the two tumbled to the ground once more.

“I know a quick way to get there,” said James as they got up and he turned around to the other direction. His quick footsteps made Lily unwillingly jog up with him.

“We’re going the other way,” pointed Lily as they passed the broom closet, which they had spent so many fond memories in. James remained silent which surprised Lily. She quickly glanced at him, seeing his glasses falling down his straight nose.

Only a minute ago he didn’t want to move more than a step and now he’s walking as fast as he can, thought Lily noting James’s sudden change of behavior. How odd…

She continued staring at him out of the corner of her eye, half expecting him to stop and say that he got them lost on purpose. But he kept silent and kept walking. He suddenly stopped walking and was about to open the door in front of them until Lily stopped him.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” she asked.

“I’m going in Evans and so are you,” said James.

In front of them wasn’t the portrait of the Fat Lady but the door leading to the boys’ bathroom. James looked at Lily expectantly as if waiting for her to let go of the knob.

As if I’m going in there, thought Lily.

“Potter if you’ve forgotten let me refresh your memory. We’re stuck together,” she said loudly.

“I know that Pookie,” replied James jumping up and down in one spot making Lily’s arm move with him, “ but I got to go. I can’t hold it,”

“I’m not going in there,” said Lily blushing pointing towards the bathroom.

“Of course you are Lily and I’ll carry you if I have to,” said James determinedly. He gently pushed Lily’s hand from the doorknob and pushed it wide open.

“Potter we are going to the Common Room right now,” argued Lily heatedly.

“I’m not going and I’m stronger than you,” countered James. Lily tried to move to the other direction but James wouldn’t budge. After what seem five minutes of a heated argument, Lily finally agreed.

“Fine, but make it quick,” she said finally seeing that her attempts were fruitless. James gave her a big smirk.

“Welcome to the boys’ bathroom,” he said, swinging the door open.



(Author’s Note: Okay, let me explain why I haven’t updated for like two months, it’s because I’ve been working on other stories and it took a lot of time. But I promise it won’t take this long to update again! It has been a while since I posted a chapter and I would like to say sorry about that and I’m trying to post a chapter once a week…Anyways, love to hear reviews! Tell me what you think is going to happen next.

blue sapphire lady)