Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily and James by blue sapphire lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: They thought things couldn't get worse but they just did.
Chapter 8- A Little Problem

Lily stared at the liquid gooey thing that was, unfortunately making it impossible for her to separate from James. No matter how hard she wished, she was finding out that this was not a dream.

“Let’s see how far this stretch, shall we?” asked James calmly but Lily could faintly hear a hint of contained laughter. She found that her suspicious were true when she angrily looked at him. His hazel eyes were filled with silent amusement, the corners of his mouth turning slightly upwards.

“For your information Potter, I don’t find this very funny,” said Lily, her face turning scarlet. This only widened a smile on James’ face.

I can’t let him see me like this, she thought mortified, avoiding James’ stare.

“I’m not laughing at you Lily. Now, back to this,” said James pointing to the liquid gooey thing.

Forgetting her promise of avoiding eye contact, Lily turned around, staring at James dumbfounded.

“What?” she blurted

“What? Was it something I said Pookie?” asked James, grinning wickedly.

Lily opened and closed her mouth, not really knowing what to say.

I swore I heard him say my name, she thought to herself, staring at him in the corner of her eye.

James, already had been to the boys’ bathroom more times than he could count, watched and waited for Lily’s reaction.

She sure looks nervous, he thought and his grin widened. The whole thing, in his opinion, was becoming more and more comical.

Lily indeed was nervous but more importantly, petrified as though she had just steped on execution grounds.

Okay, how the heck is this going to happen? Do I turn around and close my eyes- wait, I’d obviously turn around. I’m no pervert. It’s not like I’d look. Of course I wouldn’t look, it’s not like there’s anything to look. But not like I’d know, thought Lily frantically.

She was feeling more and more nervous by the second.

“Ready to get this over with?” asked James.

“Yes,” said Lily but to her horror, her voice came out as a squeak.

She immediately clapped her mouth with her hand, hoping that James hadn’t noticed.

James hid his laughter as he pretended to cough out loud.

He led her to one of the blue long stalls and opened the door. Lily blushed at the sight of the toilet.

What the heck is wrong with me? It’s a toilet, nothing more. It’s not like I haven’t seen this before, she thought to herself.

But that fact didn’t reassure her as her heart was still beating in a furious pace.

“So…” said James.

“Um…” replied Lily.

“I’ll just go in,” he said.

H entered inside the stall and Lily, not knowing what else to do (and trying not to look more like an idiot with each passing second), followed. She bumped into his back and muttered a quick sorry.

“Of course I won’t look. It’s not I want to look. You just go ahead…and you know…do your own thing. I won’t bug you, I swear. I’ll just be right here, standing at this exact spot, looking straight at the stall. Like I said I won’t look anywhere from the stall…until…you’re finished,” stuttered the blushing Lily.

I feel like a moron, she moaned in her head. She just wanted to disappear into the ground and never to be found again.

“Lily?” asked James.

“Um…yes?” answered Lily, biting her lip.

“No offense or anything, but what the hell are you talking about?” asked James.

“What?” asked Lily in surprise.

Why is he laughing? Thought Lily, feeling slightly irritated. Can’t he see that I’m not exactly comfortably here?

“How about you turn around?” suggested James before he snorted with laughter.

Lily slowly turned while replying with a small “okay.”

She was face to face with the laughing James. Irritation was soon replaced with anger.

“What’s so funny?” she asked in a cold tone.

“Did…did you actually think that you’d be…in the same…stall as me?” James managed to ask between his peels of laughter.

Realization but mostly embarrassment slapped Lily across the face. Now she definitely wanted to disappear.

I can’t believe I thought…I thought…that, thought Lily horrified, feeling her cheeks grow hot.

“No way, why would I think that? I was just talking about…”said Lily lamely, giving up mid sentence.

It was too late to fix her mistake. This was new ammunition for James to tease her for the rest of her life.

“I know you care for me Pookie, but I just have to put my foot down. You’ll unfortunately have to wait outside,” said James with fake disappointment.

“Trust me, I have no problem doing that,” muttered Lily under her breath as she turned around to leave the small stall.

James patiently waited for her to be at the other side (while still howling with laughter) and then closed the door. To Lily’s amazement, the glue didn’t break when the door slammed right into it.

Great, just great, thought Lily depressed. We’ll be stuck forever.

Finding nothing better to do (and to hide her embarrassment) Lily hummed to herself as James continued with his own business.

This is so gross, she thought as she heard a huge “plop.” I don’t need to guess to know what that was.

After hearing a second “plop”, Lily started to hum louder. One minute slowly passed and Lily, who was getting impatient, started to tap her foot. Two minutes later, Lily started tapping her other foot, growing slightly agitated.

How much time does he need? Thought Lily. It certainly doesn’t take that long.

“Potter, are you sleeping in there or something? Hurry up!” cried Lily exasperatedly.

No reply.

Just when Lily was about to yell at James once more, she suddenly covered her mouth. Her impatient expression quickly disappeared as she looked at the stall with disgust.

“What is that horrible smell?” she managed to gasp.

The smell was terrible. Like a dozen of people had farted at the exact moment. With every passing second, the smell grew stronger and stronger.

“Potter, what the hell are you doing in there?” yelled Lily, unable to take the stench in silence.

Once again, silence answered her.

“Are you trying to kill me?” asked Lily sarcastically.

Not caring if she was being rude, Lily started banging on the stall.

“Um…Lily?” asked James tentatively for the first time.

Lily immediately stopped her banging and listened.

“We kind of have a problem…”trailed James in a low voice.

“What kind of problem? Besides the fact that the entire bathroom smells worse than crap” snapped Lily coldly.

James quickly explained what the “problem” he was having at the moment. But not even a minute later, Lily interrupted.

“You dropped your wand and a farting bomb in the toilet?! Are you insane?”


(Author’s Note: Yes, another cliffhanger. It seems that I have one for all the chapters. Huge thanks to all the people who reviewed and it was a lot!
Blue sapphire lady)