Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Those Deep Blue Need You Eyes by Weasleyboyfreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

I wrote this story 3 years ago and it needs some editing! Bear with me until I get around to it! Thank you!
Chapter 1 Untold Secrets

It was a cold rainy summer night and only two week ago the wizarding world had laid to rest on of its greatest heroes. Dumbledore’s death had harmed the Order and most of the wizarding world. Over the past week the Death Eaters had succeeded in a number of raids, making Lord Voldemort stronger. The fear in the wizarding society grew everyday but life had to go on. Through the hard rain, a light could be seen in the kitchen window of the Burrow. In this kitchen sat a 17 year old boy with flaming red hair and in his hand he held a tear stained letter.

The gangly looking red head sat thinking about his future. He had no idea what was in store for himself and his two best friends. He knew that they must defeat the Dark Lord; no matter what the cost. This thought scared him. He feared loosing everything that he loved. His thoughts also lingered on the day of Dumbledore’s funeral, when he held the girl of his dreams in his arms. He often thought of that day when he had broken down and let her see his emotions. It was also the day that he had promised his and Hermione’s lives to help Harry defeat Voldemort. How he wished he could protect and care for that girl that he held in his arms on that day.

Ron now remembered the tear stained letter that he held in his had. In this letter Hermione had told him all of her fears. Her words kept running through his head. ‘We might not all come out of this, or maybe none of us will. I’m terrified of what is to become of us. What if one of us dies? I don’t want to lose either of you. I hope that we all….’ Ron’s thought were suddenly interrupted by the appearance of his little sister.

“Ron?” Ginny said in a tired voice as she took a seat across from her older brother.

“Why are you up so late?”

“Err…just thinking,” said Ron realizing that he still had Hermione’s tear stained letter on the table. He quickly folded it back up and placed it in his pocket. Ginny looked at Ron with a raised brow.

“What’s that?” asked Ginny with a slight smirk. “Is that why you’re up so late? Let me guess it’s from Hermione?”

“Yeah, it’s from Hermione.” Ron said while the tips of his ears turned pink. Ginny’s smirk widened.

“I knew it,” said Ginny as she leaned back in her chair.

“Knew what?” asked Ron as he looked into his sisters knowing eyes.

“That you have feelings for her.”

“Of course I do, she’s my best friend.” Ron’s ears turned a dark red that matched his hair.

“You know that’s not what I mean and since you two are in such good contacts these days. I bet you know that she will be here first thing in the morning, ‘night.” She said sarcastically, and with that Ginny left Ron sitting at the kitchen table in awe of her very correct assumptions.




A very pretty girl with long curly brown hair arrived at the Burrow just as the sun began to rise. She looked up at the very tall house and it gave her some comfort to know that she would be safe for a couple of weeks. She couldn’t wait to see Ginny, the Twins, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Charlie, and last but not least Ron. Just thinking about the tall boy with flaming red hair made her stomach do flips. She had started liking him in the fourth year after the Yule Ball. She would never forget how jealous he was of Victor Krum that night. It hurt her to think that she could lose all that in the quest for the Horcruxes. Hermione tried to put that to the back of her mind as she knocked on the Weasley’s back door.

“Who is it?” called Mrs. Weasley as she peaked out the back door.

“Hermione, Mrs. Weasley,” She responded remembering the tight security on the Burrow.

“What is the name of my eldest son and his wife to be?”

“Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour”

As soon as these words left Hermione’s mouth the door flew open and she was taken in by Mrs. Weasley’s rib cracking hug.

“It’s so good to see you again dear,” said Mrs. Weasley as she shut the back door. “We were so worried because of all the attacks in muggle London.”

She was absolutely right; the Death Eaters had raided most of muggle London. The attacks were becoming dangerously close to the Granger’s home and if they had not occurred Hermione would not be standing in the Weasley’s home at that moment. Hermione’s parents were unwilling to let their only daughter go out and help defeat the most evil wizard of all time. Her parents soon changed their minds when there was an attack only a block away from their home. Hermione also had to do some convincing that it was safer at a hidden wizard home. Before Hermione had left her fearful parents, she had convinced them to rent out a flat until the raids ended.

Hermione gave Mrs. Weasley a warm smile. “I’m glad to be here Mrs. Weasley.”

“Hermione!” shrieked a voice as she was tackled by a mob of red hair. “I’ve missed you so much!” said Ginny as she hugged Hermione. “I’ve got loads to tell you. C’mon!” and with that Ginny took Hermione by the arm and started to lead her towards the stairs.

“Ginny dear, Fred and George are due for breakfast any….,” Mrs. Weasley was interrupted by the appearance of none other than the infamous Weasley Twins.

“Morning Mum,” they said in unison as they noticed Hermione sitting at the kitchen table.

“Ms. Granger, back so soon?” asked Fred with a smirk.

“We knew you couldn’t resist our charm.” George said, taking a seat across from Hermione as she rolled her eyes. Fred walked around the table and kneeled at Hermione’s side.

“Dearest Hermione,” he asked looking up into her deep brown eyes and taking her hand. “May I ask for the seat next to you?”

“Of course,” sighed Hermione as Ginny and George laughed. Hermione took this time to look around the table and shortly she discovered the absence of the gangly looking 17 year old with deep blue eyes.

“Ronald?” Mrs. Weasley said as if she were reading Hermione’s mind. “Where is that boy?”

“Mommy’s Ikle Ronniekins is still in bed with his teddy.” Fred said making everyone smile. Hermione’s heart began to race as she thought of the handsome boy asleep in his bed with out a shirt on.

“RONALD BILLUS WEASLEY! GET OUT OF THAT BED!” called Mrs. Weasley up the stairs.

“OI MUM, I’LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!” responded a very tired sounding Ron from the second landing. Just the sound of his voice made Hermione’s heart flutter.

“That boys going to give me a heart attack one of these days,” muttered Mrs. Weasley as she placed her famous pancakes on the table. “George, don’t you dare touch that pancake! You will wait for your brother.”

“OI COME ON RON,” called George “I’M STARVING!”

Just at that moment there was a loud POP. Hermione felt something land on top of her and then and even louder CRACK occurred. The next thing Hermione knew, she was on the floor in a broken chair with Ronald Weasley on top of her only inches from her face.

“Err…Morning ‘Mione,” said Ron with flaming red ears and face; the signature Weasley trademark. Hermione looked up into his handsome face. She had forgotten how the sight of those deep blue eyes took her breath away. She wished that she could just kiss him right now.

When Ron had gone to Apparate and he ended up over shooting his destination by three chairs. Being overly embarrassed, he looked down to see himself only inches from his crush’s face. He stared down into her beautiful brown eyes. He had missed her so much. ‘I wish I could just tell her how I feel’ He thought. How he longed to kiss those lips that were only inches away from his own.

“Okay, you can get off her now,” giggled Ginny breaking both of their thoughts. Their faces were deep red as they got up off the floor. Fred and George were still howling with laughter as Ron went into his apology.

“I am so sorry ‘Mione,” he said pulling a splinter out of her long brown locks. “I over shot my target.” Ron looked devastated and highly embarrassed.

“It’s all right Ron,” said Hermione thinking that this would be yet another day that everything would be awkward between herself and Ron.