Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Those Deep Blue Need You Eyes by Weasleyboyfreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry it has taken me so long to update but I have had a lot of school work and my computer is not working properly. I hope you all enjoy Ch 2.
Ch. 2 Unexpected Arrival and Tears

Hermione enjoyed a rather comical breakfast which included the Weasley Twins flinging pancakes at Ron. This resulted in a very sticky and angry Ron stomping off to the shower muttering vulgar words under his breath. This gave Hermione and Ginny the chat time that they had been waiting for.

As Hermione entered Ginny’s room, she noticed that it had not changed much since her first visit to the Burrow. The only thing that she noticed that was different about her friend’s room was that Ginny had added numerous wizarding rock band posters, a stash of makeup, and a few more pictures. Hermione’s eyes landed on one picture in particular, the one that rested on Ginny’s bedside table. This picture was of Ginny and Harry a few weeks before Dumbledore’s death; when everyone was happy. Hermione watched as picture Harry leaned over and gave Ginny a kiss. When Ginny noticed Hermione looking at the picture, she frowned and placed the picture face down on the desk.

“Did you know he hasn’t written me once?” asked Ginny as she took a seat on her bed with tears forming in her eyes.

“You know, this break up is killing him to Gin,” Said Hermione placing a comforting arm on Ginny’s shoulder as she recalled Harry’s letters. “He feels terrible!”

“Then why did he do it?” Ginny cried “Why does he have to be the damn hero?” Hermione pulled Ginny into a hug and allowed her to cry on her shoulder. “Do you know that I love him?” she sobbed. Ginny had been storing all these emotions up for the past two weeks and finally she just burst.

“Oh Gin, im so sorry,” said Hermione trying to comfort her. “But you know he is only trying to protect you from Voldemort”

“V-Voldemort!” cried Ginny, “No ones safe from the evil man!” Hermione waited for Ginny’s sobs to slow before she spoke again.

“You know, you should feel lucky that he cares that much for you” Hermione sighed. “I wish someone cared as much for me as Harry does for you!”
Her thoughts wandered to Ron as she said this. Sure Ron was rude, insensitive, and even stubborn but on the other hand he was loyal, brave, and kind hearted.

Ginny sighed and wiped the tears from her eyes. “You really have no idea, do you?” she smirked “and I thought you were clever!”

“What are you talking about?” Gapped Hermione, inwardly knowing exactly what Ginny was on about.

“That my brother obviously likes you! Did you know that I’ve caught him looking at himself in the mirror, at least three times a day and that he smiles and turns red whenever you are mentioned?” Smirked Ginny and she got up and paced in front of Hermione. “Do I have to spell it out for you? And being me, I’m absolutely positive that you’ve got a big thing for him too.”

“He’s only….there’s nothing….oh fine, I love your brother! Happy?” Hermione blushed as she spoke these words because she knew that there was no sense in trying to hide her feelings for Ron.

“Now the only thing left to do is to get you two lovebirds hooked up”, said Ginny with a smile.

Andif im not mistaken, get you and Harry back together,” said Hermione returning Ginny’s smile.

“Easier said than done Hermione, you and Ron will probably be snogging long before Harry and I get back together!”

“Yeah right Gin, your brother has a thick head!”

“I bet that you two will be together before Bill’s wedding is over!”

“Deal and I promise to talk to Harry about you as soon as he arrives,” said Hermione.

“And I will talk to Ron or have Harry talk to Ron, Oh you’re the best Hermione! I see why Ron likes you so much!” Said Ginny and pulled her friend into another hug.

“GINNY!” called Mrs. Weasley from the kitchen.

“Oi, the work never ends!” said Ginny throwing her hands up in the air as she left the room.

Hermione sighed as she took off her sweater, revealing a sparkly brown halter top that showed off her eyes and her slender figure.

“HERMIONE C’MON!” called Ginny from the bottom of the stairs. Hermione quickly ran out of Ginny’s room and crashed right into someone. It was none other than Ronald Weasley, who had just come out of the shower wearing nothing but a towel. Hermione tumbled backwards and landed on her butt, after coming into contact with Ron. She gazed up at Ron’s very muscular physique in awe. Obviously all those summers of playing quidditch were paying off. Ron in return stared down at Hermione; he noticed that over the past few years she had changed a lot. He looked down into her beautiful eyes that had helped him numerous times over the years. There was a moment of awkward silence as the two stared at each other.

“W-When did you get so tall?” Hermione asked as she looked up at him from the floor with a red face. Her comment made them both smile.

“Sorry Hermione,” said Ron taking Hermione’s hands and pulling her to her feet. Ron’s ears turned a deep shade of red as he noticed that Hermione was once again only inches away from his face. They started to move closer as they stared into each others eyes.

“HERMIONE, CAN YOU COME HELP ME WITH THIS SPELL?” Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen.

“Bloody brilliant timing mum,” muttered Ron angrily under his breath. Hermione stepped back away from him while biting her lip. She had really regretted Mrs. Weasley calling her at that moment. ‘Why does this always happen to me? Couldn’t she have waited two more minutes to call me?’ Hermione thought.

“Well…I...err...better…um go,” said Hermione with an apologetic look on her face as she turned to head downstairs.

Ron’s mind was racing with thoughts. ‘Tell her now you stupid git!’ His mind told him. “Hermione wait!”

“Yes Ron?” Hermione said as she turned back around to face Ron with a smile on her face.

“I…err...I mean,” he stammered, his face and ears turning the same color as his hair.

“Yes?” She said while walking back towards him. “You know you can tell me anything Ron”. She took a few more steps towards him.

“I...um…I mean…You look nice,” said Ron. He was disappointed in himself for not telling her how he felt.

“Thanks Ron,” said a blushing Hermione while looking down at her feet. “Well I’ll see you later.” And with that, Hermione stood up on her tiptoes and gave Ron a kiss on the cheek. After kissing him, she quickly turned and raced downstairs to tell Ginny what had just happened.

Just after Hermione had kissed his face, Ron felt shocks run down his spin. He watched her run down the stairs as he touched the spot on his face were her lips had touched him. ‘Now if it were only down a little and to the right’ he thought as he made his way back to his room. Ron stopped in front of his door after hearing a strange noise.

“Great, I’m half naked and my wand is in the room, wonderful!” he muttered to himself. “Well here goes nothing,” and with that he cautiously opened the door and grabbed his wand off the table. Just then a dark figure within the room screamed.

“Ahhhh!” yelled Ron in return. His heart was beating fast as he pointed his wand at the figure.

“Ron! It’s just me, Harry!” The figure said as he turned on the light to prove his point.

“Bloody hell Harry!” said Ron letting out a sigh of relief as he entered the room and quickly changed into an orange T-shirt and some blue jeans. “Why are you here so early, it’s not your birthday yet is it?” asked Ron a bit confused as he made is way to the back of the room.

“No, I…,” Harry was cut off by Hermione barging through the door with her wand pointed straight at Ron. He turned around to see Hermione’s wand pointed at his chest.

“Hermione it’s all right, it’s me Ron.” He said as she lowered her wand and pulled him into a hug.

“I was so worried, I heard a scream! Are you okay?” Hermione asked while looking him up and down like his mother.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” said Ron as the pair got lost in each others eyes. Smiling, Harry cleared his throat to let them know he was in the room. Hermione quickly turned around.

“HARRY!?!?!” She yelled and pulled him into a hug and leaving a disappointed looking Ron behind. “Is this why you screamed?”

“Yeah, he…,” started Ron.

“I scared him….but not intentionally,” said Harry after receiving a look from Hermione that told him that this was not a good time for goofing around.

“So why are you here so early?” asked Hermione taking a seat on Ron’s bed. “And how did you get here without anyone knowing?”

“Well…,”started Harry, sitting on his bed. Ron realized that he was the only one left standing and he quickly took a seat next to Hermione. “It was supposed to be a surprise…”

“You got that right,” interrupted Ron.

“Shhh…let him finish Ron,” said Hermione who was now moving a little closer to Ron and placed her hand on his arm.
‘I’ll have to ask Ginny about those two,’ thought Harry but as soon as his mind focused on Ginny, his heart hurt. ‘But it’s to make sure she won’t get hurt!’

“Harry?” Hermione asked looking concerned “Are you okay?”

“Yeah fine…,” stumbled Harry. “Your dad wanted to keep it a surprise. He wanted me to come early to help your mum with the wedding stuff. He picked me up this morning, apparated me here, and then went back to work.” He took a deep breath and looked at his two best friends. “Besides, Uncle Vernon kicked me out of the house. He was afraid that they were in danger.”

“Well of course they are!” said Hermione standing up outraged. She paced back and forth as she spoke. “They are your last living relatives and your protection! How dare they break their promise to Dumbledore! I hope theypay!” Hermione raged with a dangerous look in her eyes. Ron watched her in fear; he had never seen her so angry.

“Hermione, it’s okay! Im fine with it and the sooner I was out of there the better,” said Harry looking at her a bit frightened too.

“Okay? Okay?!?!?” yelled Hermione who was becoming angrier. “I knew that they were horrid people but that’s the last straw! The heartless bastards! “ Ron’s mouth dropped open because he had never heard Hermione say such a foul word. “I can’t believe they broke their promise to Dumbledore.” Now tears were streaming down Hermione’s face. All the emotions and fears from the past few weeks were catching up with her.

“Hermione,” said both of the boys as they stood up once she began to sob. Harry let Ron embrace Hermione first.

“W-what if one of us d-dies?!?!” Hermione sobbed into Ron’s shoulder. “I c-cannot bare l-losing either of y-you! w-we’ve l-lost s-so much all r-ready!”

“Don’t worry Hermione, I’ll protect both you and Harry!” Ron said, as he gently stroked her hair trying to comfort her. Just then Harry realized how lucky he was to have friends like Ron and Hermione. Harry embraced the two of them and the trio admitted their fears about the upcoming task.