Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Those Deep Blue Need You Eyes by Weasleyboyfreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thank you sooo much for the reviews! Big thanks to my Beta, Ron x Hermione! She is fantastic! I hope you enjoy and please R&R!
Ch 4: Bad Dreams and A Little Comfort

It had been three days since Ron and Hermione’s feud, and they were still not on speaking terms. Harry and Ginny felt as if they were caught in the middle of a warpath of icy glares. The pair agreed that this was one of the worst fights that their best friends had ever had.

“Ron, you know this conflict with Hermione really needs to stop,” said Harry, one night in Ron’s flaming orange room. “I can’t risk taking you two with me to destroy the Horcruxes if you’re not on speaking terms!”

“She lied to me, Harry,” whispered Ron softly after a moment. He looked unconfident in himself as he watched the Chudley Cannons Quidditch team fly around in the numerous posters that hung on his walls.

“What did she lie to you about? Honestly, you two get completely mental over nothing sometimes,” yawned Harry while climbing onto his cot on the other side of Ron’s room.

“She…she told me that she wasn’t writing to him anymore. I thought she and I…but I guess I was wrong.” Ron sighed to Harry with reddening ears. Harry could tell that this wasn’t an easy subject for Ron to speak openly about. “Being the stupid git I am. How could I have thought any different?”

“Ron, I understand that she lied to you but you’re not wrong about the other thing. I think that she does like you and that is why she is so upset that you told her off. Well… that’s what Ginny said, at least.”

“Don’t be silly, Harry, why would she like a poor, gangly-looking redhead when she could have a rich, handsome, Quidditch player?” Ron asked while looking put out as he watched Krum fly around on a poster in the back of his room.

“Maybe you should just try asking her to the wedding. You might be surprised!” Harry said as he turned off the light. “’Night, Ron.”

***** Meanwhile*****

“Hermione, are you okay?” Ginny asked as she climbed into her bed. Hermione had been unusually quiet for the past few days, and Ginny was becoming worried.

“Your brother, he just…” said Hermione in an irritated tone, shrugging and looking up at Ginny with sad eyes.

“Yeah, I know he is a jealous, insensitive, stubborn, and a prat.” Ginny finished.

“No, that’s not it. He just hurt me so much with just that look in his eyes. You should have seen it. I’ve never seen him like that before.” Hermione got up and walked over to her trunk and placed the book she was reading inside. “I don’t understand why he makes me so upset!”

“Well,” started Ginny. “From my experience with boys, I think you might love him.” She paused. “And I mean actually love him.”

“So what if I do? I mean, he won’t even talk to me and I don’t know what I even did to offend him!” Hermione climbed into her bed that she had conjured herself. It reminded her of her bed back at her own house.

“According to Harry, Ron is jealous that you had snogged Victor and that you lied to him about writing to him.”

“But I don’t like Victor like that,” started Hermione. “We’re just friends, and besides, how did Ron find out that I kissed Viktor?”

Ginny looked away from Hermione guiltily. “Sorry, Hermione, I let it slip one time when we were having a row.” Ginny frowned because she had regretted ever telling her brother that information.

“No wonder he is mad at me! How could I have ever been so stupid as to talk about Viktor in front of him?” Hermione sighed as she pulled up her floral covers.

“I suggest that you sit him down and explain to him your relationship with both him and Viktor.” Ginny yawned.

“Are you sure that will work?” Hermione asked with a downhearted look in her eyes.

“No, but if worse comes to worse, grab him by the shirt and snog him senseless,” smirked Ginny, and with that she turned off the light. “Good night!”

*****

Red lights were flashing all around him as he stood in shock. He couldn’t find her. He had lost her when the Death Eaters had arrived. He watched as his friends, family, and members of the Order fought Lord Voldemort’s servants.

How could I have let this happen? he thought. How could I have lost her? He was suddenly knocked out of the trance he was in as someone bumped into him.

“Don’t just stand there, help!” Harry yelled, as he ran past Ron to assist Lupin.

Everything around him was happening so quickly that he felt that everything was a blur. Ron suddenly turned and found himself face-to-face with a blonde witch. He immediately began to battle her as a hex went whizzing by his ear.

“You are going to lose this war and the Dark Lord will be all powerful once more!” She taunted as the pair shot spells back and forth. Ron spotted Hermione off in the distance as she fought another Death Eater. He was relieved to see that she was still alive.

“You will never defeat us!” cried Ron triumphantly as he watched Hermione take out her opponent and move onto another.

“You and your little girlfriend are going to suffer a most painful death tonight, Weasley,” she laughed. Ron fought harder as rage built up inside of him. “Looks like your little girlfriend isn’t going to pull through this battle!” The evil witch cried as they watched Hermione struggle with her opponent. “Say goodbye to her now, Weasley!”

“Never!” Ron screamed with glowing red ears, and with another strike the women fell. Ron rushed to Hermione’s aid, but as he ran to her she was struck down by her opponent.

“NO!” Ron cried as he quickly defeated her Death Eater and kneeled down beside her. He cradled Hermione in his arms as tears started to form in his eyes. He couldn’t stop screaming.

“R-Ron,” Hermione gasped as the spell was starting to take her. “I just w-wanted…y-you to k-know…t-that I…I….”

“Shhh . . .” Ron told her softly as he pulled her shaking body close to him. “I know. I love you too.”

“I’ve always…l-loved…y-you…R-Ron,” she said while gasping for air. He was losing her.

“Don’t leave me Hermione!” Ron cried as a tear dripped off of his long freckled nose. “Please don’t leave me!”

“R-Ron…”

“Hermione, I can’t finish this war without you, don’t go--- be strong!” He grabbed her hand. She was turning cold and her pulse was slowing. Her head fell as Ron gave her as soft kiss on the forehead. She was gone.

“Hermione…Hermione?” Ron sobbed as he shook her lifeless body. “Don’t leave me… I need you! Come back, please come back!” He sobbed into her shoulder as he realized that she was gone.


*****
Ron awoke with a start. He was covered in icy sweat and was tangled in his Chuddley Cannon blankets. “It was just a dream,” he said to himself quietly. “Everyone is still alive.” Ron got out of his bed and started down the stairs for the kitchen. He was in need of a cup of tea and he wanted to check on his sister and Hermione.

Ron stopped once he had reached his little sister’s pink door. He pressed his ear to the cold wood and was relieved to hear soft snoring. “They’re okay,” Ron said with a sigh of relief. “It was just a dream.” Ron quickly continued down the stairs to the kitchen and retrieved his glass of water. As he drank, he heard noises coming from the sitting room. Ron quietly crept around the corner to see Hermione sitting on the couch in tears.

“Hermione, are you okay?” Ron asked as he walked into the room. Hermione was quite shocked and embarrassed to see Ron downstairs at this time of night.

“No,” she cried as she buried her face in her hands. Ron came over and took a seat next to her on the couch as if all of their fight had never happened. Ron placed a comforting arm around her shoulders. “I’m just s-starting to r-realize all that we w-will be giving up and l-leaving behind to s-save the Wizarding w-world. I’m j-just so s-scared of what is g-going to happen to u-us!”

“I know,” Ron said comfortingly as he stroked her soft, curly, brown hair. “I’m afraid that I will lose those closest to me… like in my dream.” Ron allowed Hermione to cry on his shoulder as he said these words. He held her close as her body shook with sobs. “Don’t worry, I will never let anything happen to you… or Harry,” Ron assured her. “You two come first.”

“Don’t say that!” Hermione said as her tears started to slow. “You’re just as important as the rest of us. We need you, too.” They sat in silence for a few minutes just enjoying each other’s company. Hermione felt so comfortable in Ron’s arms and she wished that they would never part again.

“Hermione,” started Ron after a few minutes. “I’m sorry about the fight. I would have never forgiven myself if that was the last time we had spoken.” Hermione looked up into Ron’s deep blue eyes and realised that these words came straight from his heart.

“That would be horrid,” Hermione shuddered. She could not bear the thought of losing Ron before the pair of them could make up. Hermione rested her head on Ron’s shoulder. “I couldn’t even imagine life without you… or Harry.” Hermione added as an afterthought.

“I know,” Ron said as he placed his chin on Hermione’s head. “We’ll all pull through this; we have to.” They sat in silence for a few more moments as if they were lost for words.

“So, why are you up so late?” Hermione asked as if she was trying to break the quiet.

“Err…I just had a bad dream,” muttered Ron. He never wanted to have to think about that horrible dream ever again. “It was nothing,” he lied. Hermione looked into his eyes and gave him a knowing look.

“It’s okay to be scared, Ron,” she said as she placed her had on top of Ron’s. It sent shockwaves up both of their spines as Ron interlocked their fingers. It felt right.

“I know. But I have to be brave for you… and Harry.” Hermione smiled up at him. She knew that she would be safe whenever Ron was near. The pair sat and talked quietly, but they quickly became drowsy and fell asleep in each other’s arms.