Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Legend Continued by Meryl Montgomery

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer -Just me borrowing J. K. Rowling's wonderous characters and breeding them.

What you recognize belongs to her, what you don't is what I've mangled. Cheers!



St. Mungo's Waiting Room had never been so full. At the very sight of the numerous redheads, the Healer in charge had smiled privately to herself, tapping a quill to her lips as she regarded the freckled family spreading out and claiming seats - at least, those who hadn't taken to pacing.

"Arthur, Arthur Weasley." The Healer, whose name was Marianna Whimblewurst, approached the harrassed looking man and took his hand in her own, shaking it firmly. At his side in a wheelchair, she viewed an attractive twenty's-something woman, very pregnant, who seemed to have a death grip upon the hand of Harry Potter. If this wasn't Arthur's daughter, Ginny Weasley-Potter, she'd eat her robes.

"Healer Whimblewurst," came the relieved reply from the aging man. "What a pleasure to see you. I'm sure you can warrant a guess as to our visit?"

"Naturally," came the instant responce. Her attention drifted towards Ginny, who's face adopted an expression of alarmed pain. "How about we set you up in a room and see how far along you are, hm?"

Ginny looked pleased at this, and turned her brown eyes upon her husband. "Are you okay?" she asked gently, the smallest trace of a smile flirting across her lips.

To this, Harry blinked and nodded rather jerkily. He had faced dark creatures, Death Eaters, and even Voldemort himself, but the idea of facing the birth of his child was equally alarming. He really didn't know to go about it. Looking for some sort of advice or guidance, he instead viewed the enquiring look coming from his wife and company. Smiling weakly, he reached forward and took hold of the handles on his wife's wheelchair, pushing as he struggled to keep up with the long strides of Whimblewurst..




"You're doing great, Gin'. Amazing," said Harry, brushing back her crimson fringe from her sweating forehead and holding onto her hand while trying not to wince as another contraction raged through his wife's body. He hated seeing her in so much pain, but couldn't help but grin. This was the birth of his baby - his breaths came irregularily.

"Okay, Mrs. Potter, I'm going to need you to push now," interrupted their Healer. They had spent twelve hours in the hospital, and from the Healers flitting in and out of the delivery room, the time was taking its toll on the Weasley clan. Half had fallen asleep - excluding Arthur, Bill, Charlie, and Ron (basically, the men), who were driving the staff wild with their incessent questioning and aggressive demands to see the patient.

"The baby is crowning!"

"Push, Ginny! Push!" Harry attempted to catch sight of their child, but grew flustered and pulled back, feeling unnaturally dizzy.

Ginny growled, offered several curse words which made her husband flinch for the second time, and finally screamed as she felt her baby leave her and slide into the waiting hands of their Healer. Her breathing, harsh and unsteady, filled the nearly silent room.

But was interrupted as Ginny yelped with yet another contraction.

"Another baby!" gasped Whimblewurst, and the process was repeated.




Tick. Tick. Tick.

"It's been ages, mum. What if something's gone wrong?" questioned Ron, seated in his chair with his head bent down, firey hair grasped in his hands.

"Child labour is a fickle thing, Ronald, and you'd best learn to be patient. You'll find yourself in this position again not too long now, won't you?" questioned a maternal looking woman. Molly's proud gaze fell to her son's wife, Hermione, who was nearly seven months along, asleep in her chair with her head resting on Fred's shoulder.

Arthur, meanwhile, continued to pace along the room, hands thrust into his robe's pockets. He was familar with this waiting room, having paced it seven times. Six for his own children, and one for his first grandchild - Bill and Fleur's daughter.

"My delivery seemed so much quicker," purred the French beauty, her hand resting upon the arm of Bill. "We 'ad such talented 'Ealers back in France." Their daughter, asleep in her father's lap, was already acknowledged as a heartbreaker. Her heart-shaped face was framed with golden curls, and though they were closed at the moment - brilliantly blue eyes.

"Yes," replied Molly, though she didn't seem quite as enthralled as Fleur hoped her to be about those particularily 'talented' Healers back in wonderous France. However, as her eyes rested upon her grandchild, a sincere smile graced her features. "Jacqueline is perfect."

The others murmured their agreement while Fleur preened and Bill beamed, looking just as proud as any other father, even with his mangled face. (Courtesy of Mr. Fenir Greyback, himself). They only were silenced as Harry appeared in the Waiting Room, looking tired but ecstatic as he motioned for his family to follow him.




"Another set of twins!" crowed Molly, looking down to the pink bundle of blankets with her tearful eyes, hiccoughing lightly while sending loving glances to her daughter and son-in-law. To her left was her own husband, his thin arms full of another set of blankets - this time blue.

"A girl and a boy," agreed Ginny, her voice weak with exhaustion, though she never appeared more radiant with her purple bags beneath her eyes and her tousled mane of hair falling past her shoulders.

Ginny's brothers and their families had already departed, leaving behind balloons and teddybears, both for mother and children. Ginny was almost pleased with their absence. As much as she loved having her family around her, the peace was nice, and she was happy to have the privacy she needed when her babies needed to be fed. (Something she found slightly embaressing when surrounded by numerous male siblings.)

"Have you decided on names?" asked Arthur, his cheeks alive with pink. "Because, you know, I happened to have found this," he took the time to pull a small book from his pocket, placing it in Harry's outstretched hand. "It's a clever little thing Muggles have come up with. A Baby Name book! It's got names, along with origins and meanings. It really is quite marvelous." His glasses began to slide down his nose as he spoke, and Molly merely shook her head at her husband's enthusiasm.

"Actually," responded Harry, busy as he flipped through its pages. "I was hoping we could name the boy after my father and Sirius.." He looked questioningly at his wife. He guessed that naming their children was quite important for the mothers. A small ritual that should not be interrupted.

"And the girl after your mother," added Ginny. Instantly, Harry felt quite pleased and vowed to pamper Ginny for many months to come. Such an understanding woman deserved it. "Yes, I'd think I'd like that," she continued. "James Sirius, and Lily. Lily Molly?"

"James Sirius and Lily Molly Potter it is. Welcome to the world."