Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In Muggle World by Daedalus Plum

Printer
Summary: What if Harry made friends with someone in the Muggle world? When a girl named Gillian gets caught up in Harry's world of magic, Harry gets a link to the Muggle world that will prove invaluable.

Gillian lives on Magnolia Crescent. She is a Muggle, but not the kind generally accepted by the majority of Muggles. Gillian finds herself wishing daily that there was more to the world in which she lives. Something more fantastic and wondrous, as she sometimes believes there is. As circumstances would have it, she meets Harry Potter, that strange boy who's nothing but trouble. It's rumored he spends the school year at St. Brutus' Institute for Incurably Criminal Boys. At first she's terrified of him, but even lies that conceal one of the world's greatest secrets can't keep at bay her curiosity and longing for something greater. A bond is formed between her and Harry that not all the magic in the world can conceal. And as more about the world is revealed, the question arises: is she a Muggle or Squib?


Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 5 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 6950 Viewcount: 14759
Published on: 08/10/06 Updated On: 10/05/07



Story Notes: This story is told from an original character's POV.


1. Gillian's History by Daedalus Plum [ - ] (720 words)
This is just a little bit of background of the main character to prepare you for all that is to come. She's really a fascinating girl, and I'm sure you'll love watching her grow. Welcome to Gillian Polkiss's life.

PS- It is pronounced "Jillian", not Gil-lian (with a hard 'G'). Just thought I would get that out of the way

MAJOR NOTE- I would encourage everyone to read the summary. There's a small introduction in there I find key to the story, but inappropriate to put in a chapter.

2. A Cold Presence by Daedalus Plum [ - ] (977 words)
Everybody, please welcome and thank my beta reader GryffGoddess for her help! With her by my side, I'm sure that Gillian's sotry will really take off.

If you are looking for your own accredited beta reader, check out www.perfectimagination.co.uk

3. Tombstones and Cauldrons by Daedalus Plum [ - ] (1351 words)
Once again, a hearty thank you to GryffGoddess, my wonderful beta reader. Her enthusiasm gives me hope that this story will eventually catch on.
4. Welcome to Therapy by Daedalus Plum [ - ] (2072 words)
(I'm looking for a new beta reader! That was the cause of the last delay...just a bit of confusion, and I'm sure it was largely my fault.

If you're interested, let me know!)

5. Wands and Wizards by Daedalus Plum [ - ] (1830 words)
All the dialogue in this chapter is quoted out of J.K. Rowling's 5th book, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I had no hand in writing it, the words do not belong to me, nor do i claim to have any hold over them.
With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy just how hard it was to right this incredibly canonical chapter!