Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Storm of Darkness by dashofmagic

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is possibly going to be the longest chapter in the story, because you see two perspectives in it...that of Malfoy's and that of Ginny's. They won't all be this lengthy, but I felt that to get the emotion across, it needed to be long and vivid.
Under an Enchantment

Ginny’s heart felt dead inside of her. She knew that it was there, that it was beating, but she could no longer feel anything inside of it. There was no fear within her, no guilt or regret…just an emptiness.

It all had happened so fast, Ginny wasn’t even sure if she remembered it all correctly. McGonagall had come rushing down the stairs, announcing an attack by the Death Eaters. Immediately, those inside the castle realized that the attempt to defeat Voldemort had failed. The crowd had disbanded, running in any and all direction, searching for a way out. There had been a sound like that of thunder upon the door. Mrs. Weasley had grabbed Ginny’s hand, and whisked her away towards the dungeons. It had been at that time that the Death Eaters broke through. Killing Curses had been cast, and a man had fallen dead at her feet. His wife, rushing over to catch him, had pushed Ginny into a wall, and her head had collided with the stone. She had awakened in a dark chamber, with Malfoy’s shadow looming over her. He had relayed to her the story of her mother’s capture and imprisonment in Azkaban. He told her of Ron’s capture and conversion into the Death Eaters, and of the tribute he had given to the vampires. She had screamed when she was told of Harry’s death, and Malfoy had laughed maliciously. Then, he had whispered to her that she was his servant, belonging to him and his family.

They had placed her under an obedience charm. With a wave of Draco’s wand, her free will had been sucked from her body and placed in a box, locked away somewhere in the tower. She had been forbidden to enter through that door, and being bound to everything that a person told her to do, she would be unable to defy their word. She was no better than a House Elf, alive for the soul purpose of doing the duty of her master.

She worked as if in a trance, scrubbing but not really feeling the floor. She felt drained, exhausted from labor. In the times when she was alone, she would sink back in her past, lost in a memory with Harry. She could feel his hands, his hair, and his face in those moments, and she felt happiness begin to creep back into her being. As soon as it came, though, it was gone, thrown to the wind or jangled away with a slamming door.

There was a particular afternoon in which Narcissa had told her to clean the bathrooms. She sat there on the floor, scrubbing it clean of the lime scale and build up. She went to grab the bucket in front of her, reaching inside to fill the sponge with soap. There was a slick spot on the floor, and she slipped, clanging her head on the stone. She shut her eyes in pain. The next time she opened them, there he was, sitting before her, his piercing green eyes locking her in an instant trance. She reached up to stroke his face, wanting to kiss him. He was alive! She was going to be okay! This was all just a bad dream…

The door closed behind her, and she was thrown back into reality. Her hand was stroking air, and she quickly returned to cleaning the floor, not daring to speak for fear of another horrible order.

“You’re very pretty, you know,” she heard Draco Malfoy say, and she ignored him, humming a tune to herself. He moved in closer and knelt down so that he was level with her face. Smiling, he leaned in so that he was close to her cheek.

“It’s a pity that we have to have you bound to us like this,” he sneered, “No free will and an inability to run away. Shame, really.”

He placed his hand on hers, and she attempted to pull away.

“Don’t,” he said, and she was forced to keep it where it was. He laid his head on her shoulder and moved with her as she worked. She closed her eyes and tried to block out what was happening.

“We initiated your brother into our group today,” he said, “He screamed like a baby when we burned him with the mark.”

“I have a lot of work to do, sir,” she said coolly, “And I would appreciate it if you would allow me to get to it.”

“I hate to see you so sad, Ginny” he said, “Is it because you miss Potter? Was he as good of a kisser as me?”

Ginny shuddered, knowing what was coming next and incapable of fighting it.

“Kiss me,” said Malfoy, and her mind went wild. Her attempt to fight was feeble, and then the alarm that continuously went off after an order sounded. OBEY! OBEY! OBEY!

She felt her lips lock with his. He tasted of evil, and she tried to pull away, put Malfoy ordered her with his hands to cease all attempts to run. His fingers twisted through her hair, and she couldn’t stop any of it. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of agony, it stopped. She placed both hands on the floor, breathing heavily because of anger. She felt tears well up in her eyes, and she felt numb. Malfoy snickered, and he grabbed her hands and lifted her up. Looking her straight in the eye, she watched him smile.

“Tonight, you will have dinner with me,” he said, “You will dress up, you will have fun, and you will pretend that you love me. At the end of the evening, you return to your duties smiling, and you will be happy that you were with me.”

“When do you need me down, sir?” she asked, and the tears were falling. She felt him kiss them away from her cheeks, and his lips burned her face.

“At six o’ clock,” he replied, “and you will look beautiful. Now…”
he let her down, “give me a curtsy.”

She felt her spine bend involuntarily, and a laugh came from him again.

“See you at six, my darling,” Malfoy jeered as he swept from the room. Ginny fell to her knees and wept.




Six o’ clock came all too quickly. Ginny had curled her hair and applied red lipstick. She had on a black dress that sparkled at the bottom, and she thought she looked exquisite in it. She was unable to smile though…the charm only worked when in the presence of a Malfoy. Grabbing her bag from the bedside table, she felt herself be drawn by the spell down the stairs and to the door, where Malfoy was standing. Instantly, she felt a small thrill of excitement in her gut…the charm was beginning to work its order of “FUN” upon her.

“You look magnificent,” Draco told her, and he kissed her on the neck. She returned it with a smile, and she took his hand in hers.

“Where are you taking me?” she asked, and it pained her as his fingers closed over hers. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Pretending that it was Harry, and not Malfoy, she followed her tormentor out of the door.

“To a party at the Hog’s Head,” he said, “The Death Eaters are celebrating the two week anniversary of our victory.”

They trudged down the front doorsteps, Malfoy dragging her by the hand to his carriage. He allowed her to step in first and then followed her. Scrunched between the door and her master, Ginny was trapped in her own thoughts and fears. Knowing that she was going to a party that would consist mainly of Death Eaters made her stomach churn, and knowing that she would have to obey anything that Malfoy and his friends asked her to do scared her to death. She felt something on her shoulder, and knew that it was Draco’s hand.

“I know that you hate me, Ginny,” he said, stroking her hair in his fingers. She suppressed a shudder. She wanted to lie, to deny it, but she was caught. She had been ordered to always tell the truth, and she had no way that she could break that order.

“Yes, I do,” she said, “I detest you!”

“You will come to find that I am not as bad as I seem,” he replied to her comment, and he let a chuckle escape him as he raised his finger to touch her cheek. He kissed her softly on the cheek and then pulled her head around to face him.

“I demand that you fall in love with me,” he said, and she closed her eyes. She knew that when she opened them she would see him with a different perspective, that she would be in love with Malfoy and forget all about Harry. She wished that she could run, that she could scream, that she could escape. But, slowly, she opened them.

Malfoy was there, sitting exactly where he had been before. She searched her heart, looking for any feeling of love. All that she felt was the same hatred, the same repulsion that she had felt before.

“I can’t obey your order,” she said, and she began to relax. Draco, however, was angry.

“I ORDER YOU TO FALL IN LOVE WITH ME!!!”

Nothing happened. She smiled at him and then covered her mouth, trying to hide her joy.

“WHY?!?” roared Draco, “WHY CAN’T YOU?”

“You cannot demand love,” Ginny replied calmly, “It is something that happens naturally.”

It happened quickly. Malfoy, his anger at the point of boiling over, raised his hand and slapped her clear across the face. She slumped over, breathing heavily, her cheek stinging with pain. She turned back towards him. His face was twisted with rage and anger, his eyes wild.

“Kiss me, Ginny Weasley. Kiss me!”

The spell lunged her forward. Her lips were linked with his, and he had her wrapped in his arms. He pulled her hands up on top of his head, and she felt his greasy, slimy hair in her hands. He pulled away and pushed her against the door of the carriage. She felt her body slam into it. Then, the carriage stopped. They had reached the Hog’s Head.

“Get out,” he told her, and she opened the door and jumped onto the ground.




The inside of The Hog’s Head hadn’t changed since that day in Ginny’s fourth year. She saw the chair that Harry had sat in, occupied now by Macnair, and she felt a lump rise in her throat. Swallowing hard, she stood in the doorway and waited for Malfoy.

“Remember what I said,” he whispered in her ear, “You must have fun!”

She felt herself giggle, and went off to look for her brother. In order to have fun, she had to be around pleasurable company. Malfoy was anything but that. She searched to room, and spotted a tuft of red hair over at the bar. Smiling, she approached slowly, and then threw her arms around him.

“Hey, what the bloody Hell…” Ron started, and then froze. There she was, Ginny, the only person he had left in the world. He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, and he felt his heart swell with happiness.

“Hey there, Ron!” she said, and he was surprised to hear the excitement and happiness in her voice.

“Hey Ginny!” he said, and then moved down lower so that she could hear him whisper, “What’s going on? You seem so…happy.”

“I’ve been ordered to have fun,” she said, and she giggled involuntarily, “The Malfoys have sucked the free will from my body, so I have to obey everything they tell me to do.”

“My God,” he replied, and he moved his hand so that it touched her cheek, “You must be terrified.”

“I am,” she said, “but for now, I will be okay. It’s you I’m concerned about.”

“Okay, for the time being. I just…this world…it’s so…”

“Dark?” Ginny said, and the sadness crept into her voice. The spell shook it from her.

“I just miss them,” Ron said, and a tear trickled down his cheek, “I wish I could just see them one more time.”

Ginny pulled her brother into a hug and rubbed his back as he cried silently. A hand jolted her away from him quickly, and she heard him cry out.

“Family time is over,” Draco told her, “You come with me and talk with my friends!”

“No!” Ron shouted, “Draco, please!”

“Shut up, Weasel-bee,” he spat, and Ginny felt herself follow him.

“I love you, Ron!” she shouted to him, and she saw him blow her a kiss. Then, , cursing her enchantment, she followed Draco to meet with Lestrange and Narcissa.

“Draco!” Narcissa said, and she kissed him on the cheek, “Oh, and you brought the little Imp with you.”

“I forced her to be my date, mother,” he said, and his mother laughed. Turning towards Bellatrix, they reentered the conversation that her son had interrupted.

“So he really is dead, then?” Bellatrix asked, and Narcissa nodded.

“I heard that he was killed by centaurs after Weasley stunned him.”

“Well, I can’t say I’m too sorry. Never did trust him, Snape.”

“Snape’s dead?” Ginny asked, and then bit her lip. She didn’t know if she was permitted to speak. Narcissa rounded on her.

“You do not address me or Bellatrix in such a manner,” she said, “If I do not speak to you, you do not speak to me.”

Ginny nodded, and then apologized. Malfoy held her fast, as he realized she wanted to get away, and she had to stay. Suddenly, a smile crept up on Bellatrix’s face. She turned around and faced Ginny.

“Your boyfriend is dead as well, you know,” she said, and Ginny swallowed hard. Malfoy snickered behind her.

“I watched it happen,” she snickered, “It was so entertaining. The curse flooded him slowly, a little unusual. He wriggled like a worm on the ground, writhing in agony. You should have been there. I’m sure the image would have stuck with you.”

Ginny felt her anger boil inside of her. Ready to lash out, she tried to retort. Narcissa’s order of addressing her caught her fast, and she choked on her words. Bellatrix cackled even louder.

“Wanted to say something, did you, Ginny?” she asked, “What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?”

She tried to run, and Malfoy shook his head. Then, he pulled a chair out from one of the tables and waved his hands in the air. He took Ginny’s hand and pulled it up with his. Retrieving a glass and spoon from his mother’s table, he clanged the two together as if he were ready to make a toast. Ginny found Ron’s face in the crowd. He looked alarmed.

“Everyone, can I have your attention, please?” Draco requested, and the pub grew quiet. Malfoy, a smirk plastered across his face, continued.

“Nearly two weeks ago, we vanquished the great Harry Potter!” he shouted, and the crowd cheered.
“Now, today, his girlfriend is a servant in my family’s household. A simple obedience charm was cast, and now she obeys the command of anyone and everyone who gives her an order. With no free will, she is unable to say no to what people tell her to do.”

Ron had stood up, ready to defend his sister. Malfoy pointed to Macnair, who shot out of his seat and forced him back down onto his stool. The retired executioner remained there, ready to hold Ron down if it was necessary.

“I can make her do anything I want,” Malfoy uttered, “Anything. I can make her kiss me, clean up for me, DIE for me. I can make her sing for me or dance for me. If I gave the word, she would forget her own family.”

Ginny’s eyes grew wide with fear. She looked into Ron’s eyes, and she shook her head.

“Demonstrate for us, Draco!” shouted a voice.

“Why me?” he asked, “She’ll obey you as well. Give her an order, there, Jugson!”

“Give me a kiss, lass!” he called. Instantly, Ginny was drawn off of the chair, and across the room. She kissed the Death Eater across the lips, tasting the alcohol on his tongue. She tried not to look at Ron. She didn’t want to see any pain in his eyes. Malfoy called her back up to the chair, and she hurried to his side. He gestured out to the crowd again, and it was Rookwood who stood up this time.

“Why don’t you come down here and dance with me, little missy?” he bellowed, and she was swept over to him. Locking her hands in his, she began to sway back and forth in a waltz. He secured her arms around his neck and then ran his rough and filthy hands through her hair. He kissed her cheek and her neck. He stank of old whiskey and cigars, and she knew that he had been celebrating their victory every night for the past two weeks. She glanced over at Ron. He was flailing about, Macnair securing him down with a great force now. He made eye contact with her, and she shook her head, silently telling him to give it up.

“Stop looking at him, bitch!” Rookwood cried, and she snapped her eyes back to his ugly face.

“Alright, give her back to me now, Rookwood,” Draco called, and for once in her life, Ginny welcomed his command. She hustled back to the chair.

“Ginny,” called Bellatrix, “Why don’t you tell us how you felt about Harry? Tell us the truth about him.”

“He was as wonderful as they come,” she said, the words escaping her, “He could make me feel beautiful with a single glance. He was everything to me…everything. I…I loved him. I would have married him.”

She could feel hot tears dripping down her cheeks. Bellatrix had risen from her chair, and came up to place a hand on her shoulder.

“Ginny,” she said, and Ginny was surprised by her comforting gesture, “He’s dead. It would be better if you just began to forget about him.”

“NO!” Ginny called out, now realizing what had happened. It was an order. She had just been told to forget about Harry. She wouldn’t be able to stop it…the memories would leak away from her each day. She climbed off the chair and sunk to her knees on the floor, weeping uncontrollably. Trapped in her own mind and body, she could only sit there sobbing as the pub erupted in evil laughter.