Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Changing History by A_Pink_lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This is my first ever story so i hope you like it. It is my version of book seven.Also, all the other chapters are much longer and i will be able to update regulary because i have already written a lot of the chapters.
Thanks to my BETA Georgie who helped make this story better.Please R & R because otherwise i won't know whether anyone likes it! The more reviews i get, the quicker i will update and they really make my day,i wouldnt even mind if its one word. Anyway, enjoy! (edited)
Memories flashed before his eyes. Of when he feared she was dead in the Chamber of Secrets, when he saw her kissing Dean, when he first kissed her after they won the Quidditch cup and when he had to end it with her, at Dumbledore’s - TAP TAP TAP!!

There was a loud rapping noise coming from the window at Privet Drive, and Harry Potter blearily shoved on his glasses. His thoughts of Ginny had vanished. Turning over, he leaned towards the window, opened it and let the owl in, the Daily Prophet clasped in its claws. Without thinking, he paid the owl, which briefly flew into Hedwig’s empty cage for some water before flying off again on for his next delivery. As Harry watched it fly off into the distance, he spotted his own snowy white owl, Hedwig, approaching after a night of hunting.

Moodily, he picked up the Daily Prophet and looked at the front page. It was crammed with the usual rubbish, precautions about Death Eaters and things like that. Harry already knew all of that; he was all too familiar with Death Eaters and Dementors. He squinted and tried to read a different article, but it seemed to him that the writing was shrinking as he tried to read it. So instead, he chucked it on the table along with all the other papers and Hedwig’s cage. His room was once again, a mess. All his clothes were left untidily across the floor and his invisibility cloak was poking out of his wardrobe.

Harry glanced at Dudley’s old clock, and groaned. It was only five in the morning, way too early to get up and do anything. Harry lay back down on his bed wishing for sleep to wash over him, but to no avail. The pain of Dumbledore’s murder was still too fresh, too raw. The images raced through his head over and over again, the aged old wizard getting hit by the fatal green curse, taking his last breath…. Eventually, after much tossing and turning, he gave up and peeled the sheets off himself. Sluggishly, he wandered over to the draw and pulled out his most prized possession-his wand. Even now, he could still remember the exact time and place he received it, still shuddered as Ollivanders haunting voice crept back into his consciousness, reminding him of his fate, his destiny. All tied to Voldemort.

His hand lingered for a moment over his Quill and parchment. He was in half a mind just to write a letter to Ginny right there, begging for forgiveness, that he was stupid, that he needed her, and that he should take him back….But he clenched his fists and moved away from his Quill and Parchment, to take away the temptation. I can’t put Ginny’s life at risk, if Voldemort finds out, he will use her as bait to get at me, he muttered to himself quietly through clenched teeth. He’d already lost his parents, his godfather and his mentor; he couldn’t bear to lose Ginny too, it would destroy him. Harry tried to shake these thoughts out of his head while he absentmindedly polished his wand, but they just kept on coming back to him. Once again, he found himself arguing with himself.

How could Voldemort find out?

He would, somehow, he has spies everywhere. Would I really want to risk it?

Why can’t I just be with her anyway?

Because I can’t put her life at risk, it wouldn’t be fair to her, to anyone.

But…

Oh, just shut up!

It felt like there was two separate people arguing in his head, making it spin and ache. I just need some fresh air! Harry thought to himself. Quietly, he crept to his door and slid it open. He could hear the Dursley’s snoring and instantly felt jealous. Their dreams were never interrupted by nightmares about almost dying at the hand of the most evil Dark Lord ever. He cringed as the door creaked, then shook his head. I’m not even going to stay that long, Harry thought. They were absolutely terrified of Harry, particularly due to the fact that, as every day passed, Harry was coming closer and closer to his 17th birthday, and his coming of age. He couldn’t wait to be able to do magic outside of school. The Dursleys must remember what Dumbledore said to them last year. Harry thought. Then he felt extraordinarily sad, just thinking about Dumbledore overwhelmed him with emotions. Harry suddenly jumped out of his skin when he heard a loud crash right next to him. One of the ornaments was on the floor, in pieces. Not good. The sound seemed to be magnified in the silence of the house and for a moment, Harry was paralyzed. It wasn’t until he heard thumping noises coming from his Aunt and Uncles bedroom, that he was able to move his legs.

Uncle Vernon came charging out of his room, his huge face purple with anger and he ran directly at Harry, like a bull charging at a red rag. However, years of dodging Dudley’s gang and all of his experience at Hogwarts had meant that his reflexes were remarkable so he easily dodged his blundering uncle. (who was still three quarters asleep.) He darted at the door into the street. His heart was pounding and he was no longer sleepy, adrenaline pounding through his veins. Uncle Vernon wouldn’t dare chase him in the streets, for fear of what the neighbours might say. He must have forgotten about being scared of Harry; he was probably already asleep again.

As he trotted down the virtually deserted street, memories flooded his mind again. The first time he ever saw his Godfather, getting attacked by the Dementors. All these memories must be coming back because it would be the last time he would ever be here again. In some ways he felt miserable about that, he had grown up there. But it never felt like home, and the place only reminded him of the torture and bullying he received by everyone, especially Dudley. Only the dim lamppost lights and the rising sun provided any light to lead his way.

Harry dug his hand deep into one of his pockets, searching for his wand and taking comfort in it. He never went anywhere without his wand there was always a chance that it would be needed, like if he spotted Snape or Malfoy. Also now that the Dementors were on Voldemort’s side, he needed to be protected. He didn’t really fancy getting the kiss anytime soon.

Harry automatically slung himself onto the only unbroken swing and mentally counted down the days until he went back to the Burrow. Then he would never have to see the Dursleys ever again.

A few hours later, when the pangs of hunger were overwhelming, Harry braved going back to the Dursleys’ for something to eat. As he reached the kitchen, he saw that Aunt Petunia was cooking breakfast and Uncle Vernon was watching TV. Harry grinned when he imagined what Mr. Weasley’s reaction would be if he saw the TV. Neither Aunt Petunia nor Uncle Vernon showed any signs that Harry had entered the room, which could be true for Vernon because his favourite TV show was on full blast. There was no sign of Dudley. He’s probably still asleep, Harry thought duly.

As Harry grabbed a piece of bread when his aunt left the kitchen, he thought longingly of the mouth watering meals Mrs Weasley cooked. All he got at privet drive was a bit of bread and sometimes some jam, if he was quick and sneaky enough. As he sat at the table, he chuckled to himself, remembering when Dudley sat on the dining room chair and it snapped due to his enormous weight. Harry could not stop laughing for ages; it still made him smirk now. Of course, the Dursleys didn’t find it funny, so Harry had to hide his face so they couldn’t see him laughing so hard he couldn’t breathe. After breakfast, he decided he would go back to his room to finish the book Lupin had bought him about Defence Against the Dark Arts a couple of years ago. Harry had never really got round to reading it before, but found they were very useful.

Harry crept up to his bedroom as quietly as possible. Waking up Dudley wouldn’t be a smart move. As he stepped into his room, everything suddenly seemed to go in slow motion, anger started to rise from his stomach as looked at the scene in front of him.

Dudley was in Harry’s room. And he was sitting in the middle of Harry’s possessions, the floorboard and his trunk was flung open. All of his letters, newspapers and photos were strewn across the floor.