Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Changing History by A_Pink_lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry for the delay. Double spacing doesnt work for me and i had some grammer problems, then my laptop crashed and i only just got it back, this time i really will update faster, i'm reading through the next chapter right now. Sorry for the wait. Please review and tell me what you think!



Harry jumped in his sleep when he heard numerous banging and crashing coming from downstairs. For a moment, he thought it was just Fred and George showing off some of their new pranks, but then he remembered.

“Fleur and Bills wedding!” Harry mumbled under his breath. He tore himself out of his warm bed just as Ron was doing the same thing.

“Morning,” Ron said.

“It sounds like there’s a war going on downstairs,” Harry commented absently, still trying to wake up properly. He was starting to feel quite excited, he had never been to a Muggle wedding before; let alone a magical one. Whenever the Dursleys were invited to a wedding, Harry was always left round a neighbours house. Dudley would strut round the house in his new suit and make snide little comments at Harry, just to make him feel worse about not being allowed to the parties and weddings.

“Well, there will be a lot going on, Mum always gets very emotional at things like this,” Ron said as they walked out of the bedroom door. Downstairs was chaos. Harry was almost knocked over as a red head rushed past him to go to the bathroom. In the kitchen, Mrs Weasley had to make breakfast for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, Mr Weasley and herself, so there was no doubt that she was very stressed. Harry lay his eyes upon the groom.

Bill’s eyes were gleaming with excitement, but he also looked ever so slightly nervous. His face was still a bit disfigured, the scars were still clearly visible and always would be, according to the Healers. Mrs Weasley called them his ‘warrior wounds.’ Harry heard Charlie say to Fred, ‘Thank Merlin Fleur is staying with her parents, if mum had to feed one more person, I think she would faint!’

After a hurried breakfast, Hermione and Ginny disappeared into Ginny’s bedroom to get ready. Harry and Ron followed suit, going into Ron’s room and pulling out their new dress robes Mrs Weasley had bought them.

When they went downstairs, Harry felt himself attacked by something wet on his head. He jumped up and turned round, only to find the stressed Mrs Weasley brandishing a wet comb at his head. She grabbed his arm, swung him round to face her and then tried to flatten his unruly hair; but lost. She then turned to Ron and she brushed his hair until it stuck to his head. They walked away, rubbing their aching heads and looked for Hermione and Ginny. They couldn’t see them anywhere.

“They must still be in their room, what’s taking them so long?” Ron wondered, fiddling with his new robes. They were plain black with no lace; however, some parts of the robes were frayed and worn away, the tell-tell signs that they were second hand. Harry’s dress robes looked very much like his old ones, they were deep green, but unlike Ron’s; his were new. Bill had picked up some of his money from Gringotts a while ago and Mrs Weasley had gone shopping for him.

“Well, they’re girls, it takes them about a zillion years to get ready, remember the Yule ball?” Harry replied.

“Oh yeah, let’s go outside and see how everything’s getting on,” Ron said after having one last look at the stairs in case he saw Hermione.

Harry and Ron sifted through the throng of people gathering in the house. There seemed to be double the amount of people in the room than there was before they went upstairs. When they walked out into the garden; they were astounded. Everywhere was decorated, beautiful flowers were elegantly placed on the tables. The lawn was a perfect shade of green. It didn’t look at all like the same garden that Harry had played Quidditch in only days before. As they strolled around the garden, they came across a sight that was even more breathtaking. Part of the garden was enclosed, silk casually flown through trees, all concentrating on one point. There was a delicate arch, encased in flowers and petals, with fairies dancing around, illuminating the area with a brilliant glow. Chairs had been neatly set up facing the arch; each chair looked as though they had been hand crafted.

When Ron and Harry were finally able to tear their eyes away from the arch, they decided to go back to the house. The first thing they saw when the house came back into view was someone with bubblegum pink hair. As they approached, she swung round to reveal a very cheerful Tonks. She was clasping the hand of Remus Lupin; who looked much happier than Harry had seen him in a long time. He seemed to have less grey hairs and there was a sparkle in his eyes that wasn’t there before.

“Wotcher you two!” Tonks said happily. Harry turned to look at Ron, but saw he was looking elsewhere. Well not looking, more like gawping. Harry followed his line of sight and found himself gawping too. Gliding out of the door was Ginny and Hermione, who were both wearing beautiful, glittery dress robes. Hermione was wearing dress robes of shimmering lilac, her hair was carefully tied in a plait on her head. All hints of frizzy-ness were gone.

However, Harry was even more taken aback by Ginny. She was wearing a pale gold dress, which glistened as she walked. Some parts of the dress were made of silk, which floated behind her, as if she was an angel. Her auburn red hair was lustrous and glossy, flowing just past her shoulders. She took his breath away.

“Hey boys, roll your tongues back in and take your jaws off the floor,” Lupin muttered humorously, who was then standing beside them. Harry instantly felt embarrassed, and from the looks of it, Ron was too. Lupin just chuckled. As the girls approached, Harry calmed himself down.

“Wow, you look…” Harry started, not knowing how to end it and wasn’t able to anyway. He felt very tongue tied.

“Yeah, you look… wow!” Ron sputtered. The girls looked at each other then laughed. Harry looked at Ron, bewildered. Ron shrugged his shoulders and they waited them to stop laughing.

Girls. Harry thought exasperatedly. Why are they so confusing?

It wasn’t long before everyone was called to sit down for the ceremony. Ginny had to go and find Fleur; she was supposed to walk down the aisle with Gabrielle. Harry heard the collective gasps of amazement from people first coming into the area. As they sat down, they noticed Bill, who was standing at the top of the altar in immaculate silk dress robes, looking nervous and excited at the same time.

Harry glanced over at the other set of the chairs where Fleur’s family and friends were sitting. Many of them had the same outstanding beauty as Fleur; the long silvery hair was unmistakably that of people who were part Veela. Suddenly, people started to stand as the music started and people gasped in awe when they saw Fleur. Harry was stunned by her beauty that was enhanced by the beautiful white dress robes she was wearing. The dress was sequined, fancy, but not over the top. She glided elegantly down the aisle, her silvery hair flowing around her casually. She seemed to float towards Bill, her face looking blissful and her eyes seemed to sparkle. She looked luminous. Everyone seemed to be entranced. Harry tore his eyes away and saw Ginny, gracefully walking with Gabrielle. Harry couldn’t stop staring at Ginny, drinking in her every move. Finally, he turned his attention to Fleur and Bill and watched them exchange vows and rings.

The ceremony went perfectly, many people cried, including Hermione and Mrs Weasley. Harry could see the utmost love in their eyes as they slipped the rings onto each other fingers and the excitement of starting a life together. After the ceremony, everyone moved to the garden for food. Fleur and Bill looked so happy and in love, never taking their eyes off each other, walking hand in hand to the party. Bill was smiling from ear to ear.

Then suddenly, music started, and Bill swooped Fleur onto the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. After a while, other people started to dance as well. Hermione and Ginny were sitting with Mrs Weasley, looking cheerful. Harry couldn’t bear to look at Ginny, in case she started to dance with another boy. If she did, Harry knew he wouldn’t be able to control his actions. He noticed Ron sneakily looking at Hermione. “Why don’t you ask her for a dance?” said Harry. Ron turned to face him.

“Who?” Ron asked, looking shocked.

“Hermione, of course, you can’t stop staring at her,” Harry laughed.

“No I’m not!” Ron mumbled, shifting in his seat. After a minute, he said, “Do you think I should?”

“Yeah, go for it, enjoy yourself,” Harry replied, shrugging his shoulders.

At that, Ron stood up and strode over to Hermione. Harry knew he couldn’t trust himself to dance with Ginny, no matter how much he wanted to. So instead, he watched Ron and Hermione dance, Ron was stumbling every now and then with Hermione patiently correcting him. They looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Harry grinned as Bill came over and sat next to him.

“Congratulations," Harry said.

“Thanks Harry, are you enjoying yourself?” Bill enquired.

“Yeah, it’s great, the ceremony was fantastic, everywhere looks so lovely,” Harry said.

“Thanks, Fleur has great taste,” Bill said happily. “How are you?”

“Not bad," Harry replied. For a little while, they just sat watching all the couples waltzing. “I don’t want to spoil the mood or anything but…the wounds…when its full moon-?”

“Do I transform into a werewolf?” Bill added helpfully. Harry nodded. “Not exactly, I just sprouted fur everywhere and the next morning is a very large craving for red meat.”

“Oh good… I mean, that you don’t become a werewolf,” Harry said quickly.

“Yeah, I consider myself lucky,” Bill said, sighing. “Seeing as it’s a party, do you want to try a Firewhiskey?”

“Oh, okay, sure!” Harry said, surprised.

“It’s a time to have fun," Bill said cheerfully. He then conjured two Firewhiskey’s and passed one to Harry.

“Thanks, I’ve always wondered what they tasted like," Harry said. At that, Harry downed the bottle in one, ignoring the burning sensation in his throat. Suddenly, he noticed someone coming into the garden. He almost dropped the empty bottle when he realised who it was. Harry was gob-smacked. Harry quickly stood up, but had to sit down for a moment when the drink started to take effect before he rushed straight over to Ginny.

“Have you finally decided that you wanted to talk to me?” said Ginny. There was a hint of annoyance and hurt in her voice.

“I’m sorry Ginny, but look over there!” Harry said hurriedly. Looking confused, she looked in the direction that Harry was pointing. She instantly recognised who it was, there was no mistaking that profile.

“What’s Viktor Krum doing here?” She wondered.

“Well Fleur would have invited him; she was probably friends with him during the Triwizard tournament. That doesn’t matter, what about Ron!” Harry said urgently.

“Oh no, just when the two of them had stopped rowing!” Ginny moaned. “We’ve got to stop Ron seeing him!”

“But how will we do that?” Harry said, looking from Ron and Hermione to Krum.

“Let’s just go over and try to distract him,” Ginny muttered.

“Ok by the way, you look gorgeous.” The words came out of Harry’s mouth before he could stop it. The drink must be affecting him more than he thought. “Oh, sorry the words kind of slipp...”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s a compliment remember?” Ginny replied, a smile playing on her lips. Then she turned and rushed towards Krum, her dress shimmering as she hurried away. Harry looked at Ron and Hermione, they both looked happy, happier than he had seen them in a while and for once, they weren’t rowing. Then Viktor bloody Krum turns up, and causes complications, Harry thought irritably. He unconsciously rubbed his bracelet that Ginny had made for him and then Harry briskly went to join Ginny with Viktor Krum.

He looked much as he did three years ago, with the curved nose and thick eyebrows. However, small things had changed. He looked more tanned and some of his features had sharpened and he seemed taller. Well he is twenty odd now! Harry thought.

“Ginny, Harry, so good to see you!” he said, his voice full of genuine enthusiasm. “How is everybody?”

“Everyone’s great thanks, its nice to see you again after all these years,” Harry replied. “Why don’t we go over here to talk properly?”

“Okay, is Herm-own-ninny here?” Krum asked eagerly.

“Yes she is here, she will be over in a while but I think she’s talking to a few people," Ginny said, standing to one side of him so he couldn’t see Ron and Hermione dancing behind her.

“Oh, well, I’ll see her later then,” Krum said, clearly disappointed.

“Hey, do you guys want a drink; Hermione’s just gone to g- ” Harry felt a wave of dread run through him. Just when everything was going so well…

“Hello Ron, I haven’t seen you in long time,” Krum said. Harry took a deep breath in then turned round and looked at his best friend. Ron was just standing, staring at Viktor Krum; shock was clear on his face.

“Let’s go and help Hermione get the drinks,” Harry said hurriedly, dragging Ron, who was still glaring at Krum, away from them.

“What’s that grouchy git doing here?” Ron said furiously.

“Look calm down, Fleur would have invited him,” Harry replied trying to speak as calmly as he could. He was virtually carrying Ron towards Hermione.

“What’s the matter Ron?” Hermione asked. Ron’s ears had gone red and he didn’t look pleased.

“Guess what; Vicky’s here,” Ron spat.

“Wha- Viktor Krum is here?” Hermione asked, her face a mixture of happiness and shock.

“You should go over to him, he’s waiting for you,” Ron said nastily. Hermione looked hurt and confused. She took one last look at Ron and then strode off towards Ginny and Viktor Krum. Harry thought he heard a small sob as she brushed past him.

“Why did you have to say that, I thought everything was okay with you two?” Harry said. “You should go over there and apologise, she didn’t even do anything and you went and bit her head off!”

Ron had his head in his hands, so Harry was unable to work out what he was saying apart from the words “Vicky” and “Git.” Harry shrugged and left Ron, to join Hermione and Ginny. Hermione was talking enthusiastically with Viktor Krum, who was replying just as enthusiastically. Ginny looked left out.

“What happened?” Ginny asked.

“Well Ron got in a sulk about Krum and was rude to Hermione, she didn’t even say anything; he just had a go at her. He really upset her, so I told him to go and apologise and I hope that he will do it,” Harry explained quickly. “Enough about them, he’s a big boy now, let’s dance.”

Harry grabbed a surprised Ginny and dragged her onto the dance floor. As they danced, Harry spotted Ron still standing in the same spot Harry left him, evidently still trying to decide what to do. When he locked eyes with Ginny, he looked as though he decided. Harry watched as Ron marched over to Hermione, but didn’t see what happened next, he was too distracted trying to keep up with Ginny’s dance moves and avoiding treading on her feet.

It’s like how it use to be, no awkwardness, just relaxing and enjoying ourselves, Harry thought cheerfully as he danced with Ginny.

“You’re still wearing that bracelet?” she said shyly, spotting the bracelet from under his sleeve.

“Of course I told you, I will never take it off,” Harry replied softly. Then next song came on, a slower song. Harry automatically pulled her closer as they started to waltz slowly round the dance floor, moving rhythmically to the tune. Harry could see the smoky coloured glitter shining off her eyes and the rose coloured lipstick on her perfect lips. He could also detect the sweet, flowery scent of her perfume. He suddenly regretted asking her to dance when he felt the old monster stirring in his chest again. He desperately tried to repress it, before it burst out. He felt his reason for breaking up with her crumbling. It was taking all of his self control not to grab her and kiss her. Harry stopped abruptly when the song stopped and he walked swiftly away, he couldn’t bear to stand so close to her. He left Ginny standing, looking confused. When he turned round a corner, he had a sudden urge to kick something. Instead, he leaned against the wall and tried to clear his head. I need to protect her, it’s for her own good, I need to protect her…

“What’s the matter Harry?” Hermione said, bringing him out of his reverie.

“Nothing,” Harry lied.

“It’s Ginny isn’t it”? Hermione said quietly. Harry looked at her, surprised. “Harry, its up to you what you do, but I know how miserable you both are; but I want you to know, you can always talk to me.”

“Thanks Hermione,” Harry murmured, wandering how much she knew and also wondering if what she says was true. Does Ginny miss me as much as I miss her?

“Come back to the party, Harry,” Hermione said softly. Harry nodded and followed Hermione.

The rest of the night was a blur.