Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey guys! This is my first attempt at a Marauder fic, so I hope ya'll like! Please read and review, it helps enormously! I'd like to thank my friend and beta, beauty and brains, for helping me out oh-so-much!
~*~Just Another Love Story- Chapter 1: The Invites~*~



The seventeen-year-old auburn-haired Lily Evans was getting a bit more than slightly annoyed. No, it wasn't difficult History of Magic homework, nor was it evil teachers. It was none other than the self-conceited, big headed prat James Potter.



Well...it wasn't him in person, but it was his party fliers everywhere. They were everywhere. Everywhere! In the halls, in the library, in the common rooms, and somehow...in the girls lavatories. I wonder who the lucky prig was who was voted to put up the signs in there, she thought disgustedly. Apparently he wanted this party to be huge.



The fliers were getting on her last nerve. Being Head Girl, she should have torn down the multi-colored paper and reported the ones responsible, but her friends had begged her not to, for the sake of the party. Now, Lily knew it was a bad quality for a Head Girl to easily be influenced by her friends, but she ignored it. This was the first, last, and only time her friends would talk her out of her duties. So the professors could just sod it.



"Hey Evans," James said, walking up next to her as she was going from Transfiguration to Ancient Runes. His jet black hair was messed up and uncombed as usual. Tacky goon.



"What do you want, Potter?" Lily asked, a bit tetchy, seeing as he had called her a goody-goody-two-shoes in Transfiguration, only minutes prior to now. "And make it quick, I've got Ancient Runes, unlike some of us who like to skive off frequently."



"Temper, Evans, temper," James said, pushing her buttons. She threw him a glare with her almond-shaped emerald green eyes as he messed up his jet black hair even more than it was now, a sign of flirting. "Just wanted to let you know about the party me and Sirius are throwing tonight. Have you heard about it?"



Lily rolled her eyes. "No Potter, I haven't heard of it." she said sarcastically. "Why do you ask?"



"I was just wondering if you would like to grace us with your ever lovely presence," James said, handing her a flier. "It's going to be huge. But then again, what do you expect from something thrown by Padfoot and myself?" he said, obviously trying to impress her. "It's a casual party...So nothing fancy," he said, running off.



"Potter!" Lily called after him, but he was already gone. She sighed heavily. She didn't want to go to a party, but what choice did she have? There was no way she would be able to study with all the noisy racket, and the party would be all her friends would be talking about for the next week. She guessed she had no choice but to go. Damn.



As she walked into Ancient Runes, her last class of the day, she dreaded the thought of going to a party hosted by James Potter and Sirius Black, the two biggest dolts in all of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



During class, after she had completed the assignment, Lily found herself doodling, a hobby of hers. She had decided to draw a pair of eyes. But these eyes were different. These were a pair of shimmering brown-hazel eyes. The most breathtaking eyes Lily had ever seen.



Where did this inspiration come from? she asked herself as she marveled at the eyes. She was sure she had seen these before. She was one hundred percent positive. She sighed as she rested her chin on her hand, staring at the pair of gorgeous orbs. She had decided to draw a face to go with them. She closed her eyes, envisioning the face she was going to draw, and began sketching.



Many minutes later, as she was about to draw the hair and the finishing touches of the mouth, she felt her heart stop. She recognized those eyes. Now that she had drawn almost the entire face, she recognized it. James Potter.



She quickly ripped the page out of her notebook and crumpled it up. As she did so, she received glances from the students around her. She ignored them and buried her head in her arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The bell rang, signaling the end of classes for the day. Great, now she had nothing to get her mind off of that stupid party, and James Potter. They had received no homework at all; a rare occurrence.



"Of course," she muttered angrily, as she packed up her books and quills, "The one day I want and need homework, they don't hand it out!" The teachers must be sorting some sort of conspiracy, she thought, grinning at how insane it sounded, even to her own self.



As she stumbled out of Ancient Runes, a couple of her friends, who had obviously seen the fliers, ran up to her. The three girls all had giant grins plastered onto there faces.



"Lily! Are you going to James and Sirius' party tonight?" Katie asked her. Katie, you're typical blonde haired, blue eyed beauty, was in seventh year and was one of Lily's closest friends. On the outside, she was calm and collected, but Lily knew that she was flooding with excitement on the inside.



"Yes, I'm going," she sighed, her books getting a little heavy. Bloody teachers and their huge texts, she thought visciously, adjusting her arms around the load. No doubt her friends, especially Katie, would tell every soul in Hogwarts about the party. There were probably going to be about one hundred and fifty extra people there after her friends were through spreading the news around.



"Yay! Us too! See ya there," her friends squealed, rushing ahead, whispering excitedly about what they were going to wear.



Lily rolled her eyes at her friends behavior as she rounded a corner. As she did this, somebody bumped into her as they ran ahead, trying to catch up with someone named Harold. Her books were sent flying every which way.



"Great," Lily muttered, getting down on her knees trying to pick up her books, which were being kicked along the hallway. "Just bloody brilliant."



"Hey! Hey Evans!" James Potter said, running along the hallway to where she was kneeling.



She groaned. "Why? Why does God hate me?" she murmured to herself as she gathered her books. She pretended not to notice that James was coming towards her, and continued picking up her books. She had no success in ignoring him.



"So, are you coming to the party?" James asked, bending down to help her pick up her books. He gave her a big smile. "Please," he added.



"Yes, I suppose," she sighed, brushing a piece of auburn hair out of her green eyes and behind her ear "Along with one hundred other people, courtesy of Katie."



"Great! The more the merrier! This party's gonna be huge," he said, grinning. "So I'll see you then," James said, handing Lily her books and straightening up. "Oh, and Padfoot and I found some interesting Muggle games to play. See ya!" he said, running down the hallway.



"Oh great," Lily frowned, standing up and slowly walking to the Gryffindor Common Room, not at all looking forward to the games that were planned, or how many people would be there, thanks to Katie.



Bugger.