Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey Guys! Sorry it took so long to update, chapter 2 kept getting deleted before the modds could review it! Well, I hope you like and review!
~*~Just Another Love Story- Ch. 2: Let's Get This Party Started!~*~

Lily looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing cute pink dangle-heart earrings, some dainty pink sandals, a long-sleeve pink blouse and a blue jean skirt. Her hair was re-combed and down. She sighed, why was she trying to look nice for a party thrown by James Potter?

She shrugged the thought off as she walked down into the common room. There were a circle of girls surrounding James and Sirius, most of whom were Lily's friends. She edged her way around the circle of her friends and past the group of guys standing in the corner, sitting herself on an overstuffed armchair.

James poked his head above the crowd, looking at Lily. He smiled broadly. "Evans is here! Let's get this party started!" he shouted to everyone.

The next thing Lily knew, there was music, food, and drinks. She went over to a group of her friends, all of whom were swooning over James. "Did you see him the last Quidditch match?"

"Yes, he totally winked at me!" "Yeah, well he smiled at me!" "Oh, what ever, he was smiling at me!"

Lily rolled her eyes and walked away, taking a risk and grabbing a cup of Firewhisky as she did so. If she knew what she was about to get into, she would have preferred being tormented by her friends.

"Hey! Hey Evans!" James shouted at her. He waved her over to a group consisting of him, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and three other girls.

"No, I don't really feel like playing any games right now," she said, turning and walking in the opposite direction.

"Come one Evans! Don't be a spoiled sport!" James taunted her. "We need another person!"

Lily spun around on her heal, crossing her arms and taking care not to spill her drink. "First of all, I'm not a spoiled sport, and second of all, why don't you ask someone else to join?" Why do you think Lily, this whole party is just an excuse to get me to snog Potter, she told herself.

"Because you're the life of the party, Evans!" James told her. "Own it!" He laughed.

Lily hesitated. She looked back at her friends, who had now changed to the subject of Sirius. As much as she hated being around them when they were like this, she preferred them over the games James had planned. Before she could decline the offer, James and Sirius had grabbed her by the arms and forced her over to the group.

There she sat, surrounded by two of the most arrogant people she had ever met. On her left, James Potter, and on her right, Sirius Black. She sighed.

"What's wrong Evans? Not having fun?" James asked her, giving her a half-smirk, half-smile. "Maybe this will brighten your mood." He pulled out three pieces of paper. "What game shall we play first? Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, or Seven Minutes in Heaven?" he asked the crowd.

Everyone looked at one another, as they had never heard of these games.

"How about Truth or Dare first," Sirius suggested, as if on cue. "Then Spin the Bottle, and save Seven Minutes in Heaven for last," he said.

"Truth or Dare it is! Good line up Padfoot," James said, clapping him on the back. "So this is how it works: I'll start out and ask someone truth or dare. You have to pick one. Truth is a given of what it is. Someone will ask you a question, and you have to answer truthfully. If you choose dare, you will be told to do something and you will have to do it." James explained. "Any questions?" he asked.

Everyone shook their heads no in response.

"Ok! Umm...Remus, Truth or Dare?" James began, choosing one of his friends as the first victim.

"Er...Truth?" Remus said, a bit uncertainly. His eyes shifted around the circle uncomfortably.

"Hmmm...Truth...Truth...Ah, yes," James said, looking at Remus. "Is it true that you fancy Miss Hannah Lee here?" he asked, gesturing to the dark-headed girl sitting next to Remus.

Remus turned red, "I'm not going to answer that!" he shouted to his friends in outrage and embarassment.

Sirius smirked. "Ah, but you picked truth, therefore you have to."

Remus turned redder than a cherry tomato, looked at his hands and muttered something that sounded like, "I might."

Next to him, Hannah turned red, though Lily could've sworn she saw a slight smile crawl on her lips.

"Well then!" James said, grinning, as if he was happy he had just humiliated his friend. "I do believe it's your turn Remus."

Remus, who's face was still a bit red, raised his face and scanned the other 6 people, too embarrassed to look at Hannah. "Shannon," he said, naming the girl sitting next to Sirius with pale skin and curly brown hair. "Truth or Dare?"

Shannon looked around. "Dare," she said, obviously not wanting what happened to Remus happen to her.

Remus looked to Sirius and James, not really sure what to dare her to do. They, in return, gave him a thumbs up. "Um...Shannon, I dare you to go over to Jacob Wood and tell him that you fancy him," Remus said.

Shannon's face immediately went paler than it naturally was. "That's crazy! I'm not going to do that!" she said.

"Hence the joy of the game. You have to do it," James said, smirking as if he were all that.

Shannon looked around, hoping someone would deem this dare cruel and unusual, but no such luck. Reluctantly, she stood up and walked over to where Jacob Wood and his pals were hanging out. She threw one pleading look back at the group before tapping Jacob on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" he said, spinning around. "Oh, hey Shannon," he said.

Shannon turned pale. "Er, um...I, erm, I-I kind of, well...fancy you..." she said, her face turning as crimson as the Gryffindor Crest.

Jacob turned a deep shade of maroon and said something about having too much Butterbeer before running off.

Shannon returned to the group, absolutely mortified. "Erm...I'll be right back, I'm not feeling so good," she said, running off to the girl's lavatory.

"Ok...um...Peter, you ask someone," James said, appointing the shortest member of the group to take Shannon's spot.

"Ok...er...Sirius, Truth or Dare?" Peter asked his friend meekly.

"Dare," Sirius said boldly, his head up high, his curtain of black hair falling back and making Lily's friends, who must have been looking, squeal. He showed no fear, partially because he knew what was coming.

"I dare you to..." Peter paused for dramatic effect, looking around the circle. "Kiss Lily."