Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Ok Guys, I'm sorry for the wait, I was hoping to get this up by my birthday (November 15th), but it keeps getting deleted before the mods review it....SORRY!!! I love all of ya'll!
~*~Just Another Love Story- Ch. 4: Snogging Arrogant Prats~*~

Lily looked around the cramped closet. How was she supposed to stay in here for seven minutes with someone else? The door opened and someone came in. Who it was, she could not see.

"Well, lookie here," A familiar, arrogant voice said. "Evans, what a surprise!"

Lily's heart filled with dread. Not Potter. She could not be stuck in a cramped little closet with James Potter. This wasn't an innocent party, this was torture in party form.

"Evans? You there?" James asked, laughingly, as there was no question to it. The closet was so small that there bodies were almost touching.

"This was your plan, wasn't it?" Lily asked hoarsely. "Throw a party, make me think it wasn't a scheme to get me to snog you, then flip it around."

James was silent-a first for as long as he could remember. Hate was so apparent in Lily's voice that it left him speechless, wondering if this was such a good idea after all.

"I'm right, aren't I?" Lily said to him. She shook her head. "And just when I was starting to think you weren't such an arrogant prat, you turn around and do something like this. Silly me for trying to see the good in you."

It had been two minutes since they had entered the closet. Five torturous minutes left to go.

"Are you going to say anything?" Lily asked him, her arms folded. "Or are you too ashamed to talk?"

"Evans, what's you're problem?" James asked her, his temper getting the best of him.

"MY problem?" Lily asked, laughing bitterly. "My problem? I don't have a problem, James Potter, it's you with the problem!"

"Me?" James asked, disbelievingly. Lily nodded. "Me? How do I have a problem?"

"Oh, let me see," Lily said, exasperated. "You constantly act like an arrogant prat, you have this 'I'm the big guy on campus' attitude, you constantly try to get me to date you, you-"

"Okay! Okay! I get it, jeez!" James said, rolling his eyes. "'Didn't know I got on your nerves that much!" Lily gave him a skeptical look. "Okay, okay, I might have," James said, laughing a little bit at the look on Lily's face.

"What are you laughing at?" Lily asked, getting more annoyed by the second that James wasn't taking her seriously.

"Nothing, it's just," James started, calming down. "The look on your face a second ago, it was funny," he told her hoping he wouldn't get punched in the jaw.

Lily rolled her eyes. "How many more minutes?" she asked him, hoping it was only one.

"Four," James answered, smirking at the look of desperation on her face.

"It's getting hot in here," Lily said, wishing she would have worn her hair up instead of leaving it down. She picked up her hair, holding it off of her neck. Just her luck, her earring was tangled in with her hair. She tried to untangle it, but, of course, only made it worse. "Shit," she cursed under her breath.

"What?" James asked, hearing her.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Lily replied, not wanting to start something.

"Come on, tell me, I can help," he said, knowing that he was annoying her, but really wanting to help with whatever it was.

"Nothing, my earring's just stuck in my hair is all," Lily said, trying to pull it out of her hair. "Dammit," she muttered.

"Here, lemme help," James said, coming closer, his hands reaching out and helping Lily's untangle her earring.

"No, it's fine," Lily said, backing away to where she was against the wall, still messing with her earring.

"No, really let me help," James said, moving towards Lily again, filling the space that was between them. He reached out to help Lily again, only to find he accidentally grabbed her hands.

Both of them stopped what they were doing. James could hear Lily's heaving breathing, feel his heart pounding in his chest.

Just do it, a small voice inside his head told him.

So he did. Taking advantage of the moment, James leaned in towards Lily, his soft lips meeting her's. He expected to get slapped across the cheek but was welcomed by a surprise.

Lily was kissing him back. She had abandoned trying to get her earring untangled and had place her arms around James' neck.

James slipped his arms around her hips, not even questioning why she was kissing him back. Since she wasn't yelling at him, he decided to deepen the kiss a little.

Lily accepted the deepening and kissed him back with as much passion as he was. Not a thought of who she was kissing crossed her mind, all that she was thinking of was how much passion he had in his kiss. Before she knew it, she moved one of her hands from his neck to his cheek, and was stroking it gently with her fingertips as she melted into his arms.
----------------------------------------


Outside the closet, where the party was, people had gathered around the closet, wondering what a closet was doing in the middle of the common room.

"It's a game," Sirius explained to them. He had a feeling that something like this would happen, and he was very pleased that he was right. The amount of girls surrounding him was enormous.

"And if I'm correct, James' time is up....now!" he said as the timer dinged.

He walked over to the closet and opened the door to find none other than Lily Evans and James Potter, snogging.

Everybody who was watching the closet gasped in shock. Well, that is, except Sirius, who issued a, "Yeah! 'Knew you'd get her eventually, Prongs!"

Lily broke away and looked at all the girls glaring at her. Why would they be glaring at her? It wasn't like she was kissing...

The reality of what who she had been kissing settled in. James Potter. She couldn't have just made-out with James Potter, could she? No, absolutely not. She looked to her right and felt the bottom of her stomach drop out.

Jet-black hair. Brown eyes. Glasses. That smirk. She had snogged James Potter in a closet.

Lily quickly walked out of the closet and across the Common Rooms to where the drinks were, feeling the eyes of angry girls boring into her. She filled a red plastic cup half-way up with butterbeer. No more Firewhisky for her. How could you snog Potter, Evans? she asked herself angrily.

Maybe because somewhere deep down inside of you, you like him, a part of her said.

That's impossible, I do not like James Potter, and plus, I was under the influence, the angry part of her argued. He's arrogant, stubborn, full of himself, and...and...

A good kisser, the other part finished.

Well, whatever her thoughts of James Potter were, she had to dismiss them, for he was coming towards her.

"What do you want Potter?" she asked, disdain in her voice as she looked at the man who had taken advantage of her.

"Listen, Lily, I'm sorry. But, you didn't do anything to stop me," James said.

"Potter!" Lily told him, venom in her voice, "I had just drank a full glass of Firewhisky! What did you expect? Me to be thinking clearly?"

They both paused and looked to the closet as a wave of "Oooos," erupted as Sirius and Shannon entered the closet.

"Alright, you got me there," James told her, turning to face her again, looking genuinely sorry. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I mean, it's just a game," he said.

Lily looked at James. The look in his eyes was a mixture of things she thought James Potter was not capable of feeling: compassion, concern, and...could it be?

Love.

Snap out of it Evans! she yelled at herself. The more she looked into his eyes, the more she realized that she wasn't mad at him. She was mad at herself. She didn't stop him, but kissed him back, and liked it. She couldn't let him know that.

She turned her back to him and drained her cup of butterbeer. He was not the only one who could be stubborn.

"Lily, I-" he began, his voice low and pleading.

Lily spun around, throwing her empty cup on the ground. "And another thing. Don't call me-" she was cut off by an unwanted, yet pleasant, kiss from James.

As he pulled away, he searched her emerald eyes. He could see that she enjoyed it, but didn't want to admit it. He stood there, waiting for her to say something.

"Lily," she finished her sentence, her voice barely a whisper.

As James and Lily stood there, looking into each other's eyes, a wave of laughter and startled gasped came from the large crowd by the closet as Sirius and Shannon were found snogging as well.