Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey Guys! I'm trying to get this up sooner than last time, but I'm also trying to get my other story, Best Friends, and my one-shot, Trouble in Paridise, up...so It might take some time to get this one up!

~*~Just Another Love Story- Ch. 5: Sorting Things Out~*~

Lily and James traveled over to the couch as Peter and a very unhappy-looking Alese made their way into the closet.

They were forced to sit very close together, seeing how Remus and Hannah were occupying one third of the couch as they enjoyed a nice little snog session.

Lily sighed. Why is this happening to me? she asked herself. Why couldn't I have a regular romance? Why do I have to have this screwed up, confusing love life?It's just not fair.

James placed a hand on Lily's. He could not think of anything to say either.

Lily pulled her hand out from underneath his. As if speaking Lily's thoughts, Alese shouted from the closet, "TOUCH ME AGAIN AND I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!"

As amusing as this was, neither her nor James laughed, though Lily thought she saw a small smile play on those full lips of his. Wait... why was she looking at his lips? God Lily, stop it! she reprimanded herself.

She rested her head on her hand as she put her elbow on the arm of the crimson couch. What did she want? Did she want Potter as a boyfriend? Or did she just want to go back to hating him? God, life was too confusing.

Next to her, James cleared his throat. Obviously, she wasn't the only one uncomfortable here.

Lily looked next to her to find James looking back into her mesmerizing emerald green eyes. He leaned in to kiss her for the third time in twenty minutes. Lily held her hand up in front of his face. "No. We have to sort things out," she told him.

"Li- Evans," James corrected himself, seeing Lily's glare. "What's there to talk about? I like you, and as much as you may hate to admit it, you like me too."

Lily winced.be. Was this true? It might ..Wait! No! It's not true! You are not falling for James Potter! "That's where you're wrong." Lily put in, trying to convince, not only him, but herself as well. "I do not like you, so get that thought out of your thick head!"

"Lily," James said, using her first name, "You're only fooling yourself. I can tell you're lying. And I don't care if you turn away from me. I'll wait for you." Why am I acting so romantic? he asked himself. Because you love her.

"Then keep waiting, because I will never feel the same way about you that you feel about me," Lily told him, wondering if what she was true or not.

"Never may be sooner than you think," James said, getting up and walking over to where Alese and a very scared looking Peter were walking out of the closet.

Lily watched him walk away and sighed. She closed her eyes and threw her head back. What did she want? she asked herself again. She didn't have much time to think it over, because her squealing friends soon migrated over to where she was.

"I can't believe you made out with James Potter!" Katie said, excited. "I hate you! And plus, you said you didn't like him!"

"I didn't...I mean I don't....I mean...I don't know what I mean," Lily confessed to her friend.

"'Good kisser?" Katie asked solemnly, nodding her head in understanding. "Happens to the best of us. You don't even like a guy, and then he kisses you, and you get lost..." she said.

Lily nodded. "Tell me about it," she said, casting a glance in James' direction.
-------------------------------------------

"So, what's the deal with you and Evans?" Sirius asked, his arm around Shannon's waist.

"I dunno. She denies that she likes me, but I say different. You don't know how she kissed me Padfoot." James said, depression hidden in his voice.

"Well, what can ya do? Cheer up Prongs, you got tons of girls that would love to go out with you." Sirius said, clapping his shoulder. "For example, Katie, Christina, Amanda, Jenie, Violet-"

James cut his mate off, looking at him a bit angrily. "How many times do I have to tell you? I don't want them. I want...Lily," James told his friend, his voice sofenting as he said her name.

Shannon looked at the two of them. When Sirius didn't say anything, Shannon took a risk.

"Maybe you should write her a poem or something," she suggested meekly.

James looked at her, then at Sirius. "You got a smart one here, Padfoot," he complemented. "Keep her," he added as he pushed his way through the crowds of people and up to the Boys' Dormitories.
----------------------------------

About an hour later, the party was still on, and Lily was still in the Common Room, talking to her friends.

They were talking about random things, from what kind of dress robes they would love to have, to what muggle songs they loved, anything to keep Lily's mind off of James.

But sadly, it was not working, for even though she was talking about the best fashions, she was still thinking about her situation with James.

Just give him a chance, her heart kept on saying. But the thing is, her mind was fighting back. You've known him for 7 years. You know he's a self-conceited, know-it-all prat.

"Lily? Are you sure you're alright?" Christina asked, being the only one to notice her friends' lack of speech. Lily was never one to stay silent unless something was wrong.

She sighed. "I'm fine," she said, giving a weak smile to her friends. "Sorry, guys, I'm not really in the mood to talk right now," she said, walking over and sitting in an armchair, seeing as the couch was filled with three couples snogging. One of them appeared ot be Remus and Hannah, another, Sirius and Shannon, and the third pair, she didn't know.

She soon found herself looking for James. She hadn't seen him since their talk about an hour ago. She almost found herself asking Sirius where he went, but then thought better of it.

C'mon Lils, she told herself, why do you care where he went?

She sighed and propped her elbow up, resting her head on her hand. She closed her eyes, wishing for peace and quiet to think.

She opened her eyes, smiling as she thought of a place where she could go and sit in solitude. She stood up and headed for the portrait hole.

"Hey Lily! Where ya goin'?" Katie asked her, seeing her friend leaving.

"The lake," Lily replied, closing the portrait hole behind her.