Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey Guys! Happy Christmas and Merry New Years! Belated, of course. Well, here's the next chapter of Just Another Love Story....Enjoy!! Also...I realize I haven't been putting my Disclaimer....not good.....I OWN NOTHING!!! I AM NOT WORTHY!!!
~*~Just Another Love Story- Ch. 7: Revenge is Sweet~*~

Lily walked through the oak doors leading into the Great Hall. Her emerald green eyes scanned the Gryffindor table as she searched for her friends. Seeing the blonde hair of Katie, which prevailed over the rest of the girls around her because of her height, she walked over to her. "Hey Katie," she said brightly, sitting down next to the girl.

"Hey Lil," Katie replied, taking a bite of her sandwich. After she washed it down with a gulp of pumpkin juice, she spoke the question everyone wanted to know: "So, has James asked you to the ball yet?"

The subtlety of the question made Lily pause in the making of her salad. Had she forgotten to mention to her friends that she hadn't spoken to James since the party? As she continued to make her salad, she pondered what she was going to say to her friends. Not only had she not talked to James, she had hardly seen him in the three days since the party. Putting the dressing on her salad, she told them that he didn't ask her. Maybe they wouldn't press on. How foolish she was being.

Katie, as usual, was the first one to say something. "Are you serious? Lily! The ball is tomorrow night! We've known about it for how long?"

Lily rolled her eyes and answered in the answer Katie was expecting from her. "A week," she answered, talking a bite of salad.

"A week," Katie echoed. "Now, I know for a fact that he was turning down girls before the party, no doubt waiting for you to come around, but you're really cutting it close. Girls' will be throwing themselves at him today."

Lily sighed and looked into her salad. She knew Katie was right, as she usually was about all things concerning boys. Lily felt her heart drop as she realized James usually constantly asked her to balls, but he hadn't asked her once this time.

"Well, now that you're starting to come around, maybe he's waiting for you to say something about the ball. I mean, yeah, he usually goes with some other girl to the ball, but I hear he agrees to go with them on the day of the ball, no doubt 'cause he asks you up until then. But I mean, after the other night, I'm sure he's going to ask you." Katie said to Lily, trying to bring her hopes up.

"Katie's right," Rebecca chimed in. Rebecca, a girl of average height, had black hair, tan skin, and chocolate brown eyes. "I mean, for Merlin's sake the boy's in love with you! He's probably going to ask you today."

"Thanks guys," Lily said, taking a bite of salad afterwards. Lily, Katie, and Rebecca looked at their fourth friend, Christina, expecting for her to say something reassuring.

Christina, a girl with a type of hazel colored eyes and light brown hair, shifted uncomfortably in her seat, avoiding her friends' gazes.

"What do you know that we don't?" Katie asked, her voice harsh. Katie was normally the first one to know everything around the school.

Christina looked apologetically at Lily before she began talking. She took a deep breath. "Well, I heard that James asked the new girl, Lexy to the ball."

Rebecca and Katie looked at each other, feeling so stupid and sorry for reassuring Lily without any information whatsoever. Silence befell the four friends as they ate.

"I'm really sorry Lily," Christina said, gathering courage to say something. "But on the bright side, tons of guys would love to go with you, you could easily make him jealous."

"Yes, I suppose you have a point," Lily said, stabbing her salad with much force before she took a bite.

Taking a sip of pumpkin juice, she stood up. "I have to go finish my Potions essay for Professor Slughorn," she said to her friends. She turned around and walked out the oak doors.
--------------------------

Instead of walking up the stairs to the common room, Lily turned left and headed for the bathroom.

After checking to make sure all the stalls were empty in case she cried or screamed, Lily ran into one of the stalls, slamming the door shut. She leaned against the wall of it as she put her head in her hands. There were so many thoughts, running through her head.

Love. Hate. Anger. Sadness. Relief.

Anger was the emotion that won over.

How dare he play with my emotions! Lily thought furiously. That... that... that self-absorbed jerk! For seven years he's been trying to get me to fall for him, and when I finally do, he throws me aside! He tells me he loves me and then just pretends I don't exist? Who does he think he is? No one treats me like this! Lily Anne Evans is no one's fool!

She sat there for a couple of minutes, trying to think of a way to get even. Suddenly, Christina's idea came to mind. Make him jealous. But who could she ask who would annoy James?

A smirk came to her lips as a name entered her auburn head. As she walked out of the restroom, towards the Gryffindor Common Room, only one name was on her mind: Sirius Black.
-----------------------------------

Sirius and James were sitting on the couch, loving the attention they were getting after there party.

"Our party was three days agro, and people are still talking about it!" James boasted to his friend.

"Well, why wouldn't they? It was an awesome party, if I do say so myself," Sirius replied. "So, did she say yes?" he asked.

"Did who say yes?" James asked quizzically, looking at his friend.

"Lily! Did she say yes when you asked her to the ball?" Sirius replied, his tone suggesting that it was obvious.

"Oh, um, about that-" James began. He was interrupted, however, because at that moment, Lily came through the portrait hole, a smile on her face. And more surprisingly, she was heading in his direction! Even though he didn't find Lily as they type of girl who would ask a guy, could she be coming to ask him to the ball?

Lily approached him and Sirius. "Hi guys," she said, smiling at them. "So, um...there's that ball tomorrow night..." she said, trailing off. Yes, make him squirm, she thought in her head.

'Yes...' James thought, getting a little excited.

"And...I was wondering..."

'Yes...' he thought again. Here we go! She's going to ask you old Prongsy! Seven years of waiting and she's finally gonna get together with you!

"If you wanted to go to the ball with me. Do you have a date yet?" Lily finished, smiling.

James opened his mouth to answer, but quickly closed it as he realized she was talking to Sirius. Wait a minute-Sirius?! What the Hell? He looked at his friend, sending, an invisible death ray, if you please.

Sirius looked at James out of the corner of his eye. "Um, well, you see..."

He was going to say no. Lily panicked. This had to work. She HAD to get back at James. "Great! Meet me in the Entrance Hall at seven o'clock tomorrow before the ball, Mmkay?" she said, walking away, smiling.

She was gone before Sirius could object. He looked at James.

"What the Hell, man?!" James said, his face red with anger. "You betrayed me! You're going to be sorry," he threatened, his eyes narrow.

"I'm going to start running now," Sirius said, standing up and briskly walking out of the portrait hole.
----------------------

That night, as Lily lied awake in her bed. She looked up at the ceiling, thinking of tomorrow with a smirk on her face. That will teach him not to mess with my emotions, she thought.