Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Love Story by HarrynHermione_06

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hey Guys!! I know I said I'd update last week, and I did!! It's just that my stories have been deleted before they reached the mods. Thanks for sticking with me through the story, and a big thank you to my beta, beauty and brains!!
~*~Just Another Love Story- Ch. 9: Thinking Brings Lovers Together, but Tears Others Apart~*~

Sirius looked at Lily curiously as her head shot up. He didn't say anything, just slowly danced closer to James and Lexy, as did Lily. He could tell she had a plan.

Lily moved closer to Sirius as she danced. She put her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. The timing has to be perfect, she thought to herself, planning everything in her head. They danced a few more seconds before Lily saw James glance in their direction. No time to waste, she thought.

She stepped back, looked up at Sirius, grabbed a handful of the front of Sirius' robes and pulled him down to where they're lips met. A few seconds later, Lily pulled back and grinned devilishly up at him. Lily stood up on her toes and cupped her hands around his ears as she whispered, "Play along, it's working, James is looking over here. Now when I step back and look at you, nod and follow me into the hall. James will follow, I'm sure."

She stepped back and looked up at him, her devilish smile returning to her lips. Please let this work, she prayed silently. Yes, she cheered in success as Sirius nodded, returning her grin with a seductive smile. Nice touch, she thought as she turned and began to walk towards the doors, taking Sirius' hand as she did so.

James had to struggle to keep his jaw from dropping. That was it. That was the last straw. Where the bloody Hell could they be going to? Knowing Sirius, James knew that that place would be somewhere where he had to make sure Sirius and Lily didn't go.

"James? Are you alright?" Lexy asked, tilting her head to the side, confused.

"What? Oh . . . yeah. I just think I might need a bit of air," she said, awakening out of his thoughts.

"Oh, alright," Lexy said. "I'm going to go get some punch while you do that, alright?" she said.

Without answering, James practically sprinted towards the great wooden doors.
---------------------------

Out in the hall, Lily was up against the wall, Sirius' hands on either side of her.

"You know what to do," Lily said, looking at him. "Whenever one of us sees James, tell the other, alright?"

"Alright," Sirius said, looking around. He saw the two oak doors open, followed by a be speckled boy in silver robes. "Get ready, here he is," he said, turning back to Lily. He leaned in and kissed her.

Lily kissed him back, putting her arms around his neck. This has to get James to come. If this didn't work, then she would give up. There was no way in Hell that she would go to the next step. She closed her eyes as she continued to snog Sirius. Ew, ew, ew, she thought. She opened her eyes a bit, open enough to see, but still covered enough to look like they were closed. She could see James standing there, looking dumbstruck at the sight of them. She grinned as she and Sirius continued to kiss.

James snapped out of his trance-like shock. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" he yelled as he walked towards them.

Lily and Sirius broke a part, looking at him. "That's none of your business," Lily said, folding her arms.

"Oh, yeah, it's not my business what my best mate is doing with his date, which just happens to be you!" James said sarcastically, his voice rising.

"As a matter of fact, it isn't any of your business," Lily spat at him, her voice rising to meet his as she pushed herself off the wall and walked towards him, her arms crossed. "Do you see Sirius asking what's going on with you and Lexy?" James opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off. "No. Therefore, it is none of your business what Sirius does with me." Lily just thought of how absolutely horrid that last sentence sounded, but shook it off.

"Come on Sirius," she said, turning to face him. She took his hand once more. "Let's go somewhere a little more," she glared at James, "private."

Sirius grinned sexily at her. "Alright," he said, following her as she pulled him along.

James stood there, watching them as they turned a corner. "What the Hell?" James asked himself. Why was he just letting his best friend and the girl of his dreams go off to who-knows-where?

Because she doesn't love you, he thought. But I love her, he argued. Then go get her. It was the last thought that caused him to sprint around the corner just in time to see maroon robes disappearing and the door of an empty classroom closing.

"Lily," he said under his breath. He knew his friend. He never knew how far Sirius went with girls, but he was not intending to take a chance with Lily. He ran towards the door, hoping that they had not gotten around to locking it yet.
----------------------------------------------------------

In the room, Lily wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek. "It didn't work," she said, managing a chuckle. She smiled sadly.

Sirius walked to her and brought her into a strong embrace. He wasn't much of a sensitive guy, but he felt bad for her. "It's alright Lily," he said, stroking her hair.

Lily wrapped her arms around his neck, putting her head on his chest. Right now, all she needed was a shoulder - or in this case, chest - to cry on. But as she heard the door open, she knew now was not the time. She looked up at Sirius who nodded. He had seen a gleam of silver. James.

Lily stood on her toes once more and kissed Sirius, moving one of her hands to the back of his head. She had to make this look convincing. She smiled and laughed a bit, just wanting to get James mad.

Sirius, too, was acting along with it. He wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her back. He pulled her closer to him.

Lily was happy that Sirius was playing along, but was just a bit uneasy. He was playing along too well.

"Why is it everywhere I go I find you two snogging?" James asked, annoyance in his voice.

"Why is it everywhere we go, you follow?" Lily asked as she broke away from Sirius, placing her hands on her hips.

"Did the possibility that I'm not following cross your mind? Or are you to busy getting your brains snogged out?" James asked her, his temper rising a bit more.

"What's it to you?" Lily asked him, glaring. "What's it to you who I snog? Why do you care?" she asked, her voice rising as she walked towards him slowly.

"I don't," James lied, raising his voice to match her's. "I just don't like being accused of things I didn't do," he said to her, also walking closer.

"How do I know you didn't do them?" Lily asked, her voice now lowered to a whisper.

"How do you know I did?" James asked, his tone also lowered, his face inches from her's.

Lily's eyes bore into his. She shook her head gently. "It's a hunch," she said softly.

James smiled. "That's what I thought," he said, his voice matching hers. He leaned in slowly and kissed her.

Lily kissed him back, her arms slowly wrapping around his neck. Her eyes closed as she smiled. I knew this would work, she thought joyfully. She tilted her head up and slightly parted her lips.

James smiled as he kissed the girl of his dreams. One of his arms slid around her waist, pulling her closer to him until the was no more space between them. The hand of the other one gently resting underneath her chin, giving it slight support to stay up.

Sirius stood there, feeling a bit awkward. "I'm gonna go now," he said, heading towards the doors, "leave you two lovebirds alone." As he turned the doorknob, he spun around. "Would you two like me to put a 'Do Not Disturb' sign up?" he asked. James and Lily continued what they were doing, completely ignoring Sirius. "I'll take that as a yes," Sirius said, stepping through the threshold.

As he stepped out of the room and closed the door, he pulled his wand out of the pocket of his maroon robes. He tapped the doorknob gently, conjuring a white sign with green letters reading 'Do Not Disturb' around the doorknob.

As Sirius turned around and began walking back to the ball, he subconsciously touched his lips, thinking of the moments he and Lily had shared tonight, no matter how planned they were...

.::.~*Fin*~.::.