Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Stolen Past by nuw255

Printer
Summary: Fifteen-year-old Harry Potter wakes up in his cupboard under the stairs at number four, Privet Drive with no memory of the past five years of his life. What happened to his memory? What do his strange dreams mean? And most importantly, how will he survive in a school for incurably criminal boys?


This is primarily a mystery, with a bit of shippiness thrown in here and there. Of course, if I told you WHO is involved in the shippiness, that would ruin part of the mystery, wouldn’t it?


This story takes place immediately after OotP (and thus disregards HBP).



Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Mystery
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 18 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 61496 Viewcount: 88647
Published on: 10/06/06 Updated On: 11/15/06





1. Chapter 1: Memory Loss by nuw255 [ - ] (1509 words)

2. Chapter 2: St. Brutus’s Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys by nuw255 [ - ] (5256 words)
Harry has some strange dreams, makes a new friend, and has an interesting first day of classes.

3. Chapter 3: Magic by nuw255 [ - ] (3154 words)
Harry has a disturbing dream which leads to a couple of useful discoveries.
4. Chapter 4: Hassseth by nuw255 [ - ] (2228 words)
Harry makes one friend and several enemies.
5. Chapter 5: The Severe Beating of a Sixteen-year-old Wizard by nuw255 [ - ] (3107 words)
For those who didn’t catch it, the title of this chapter is a rather shameless imitation of Adam Sandler’s “Severe Beating of...” series. Please note that the title is (I hope) the only thing this chapter has in common with Adam Sandler.

6. Chapter 6: “The best freak I can be” by nuw255 [ - ] (4957 words)
Harry learns a little bit about himself and begins to accept what he truly is.

7. Chapter 7: Ron by nuw255 [ - ] (2663 words)
Doesn't that chapter title just warm your heart? In this chapter, Harry goes home for Christmas. Guess who he finds out about.

8. Chapter 8: Practice Makes Perfect by nuw255 [ - ] (2928 words)
Harry finally gets to experiment with the spells he dreamed about during the Christmas holiday.

9. Chapter 9: Hassseth and Hedwig by nuw255 [ - ] (3231 words)
Harry asks one of his friends for a favor.... Just as a heads-up, the second half of this chapter is not written from Harry’s point of view. When you get there, you’ll see why.

10. Chapter 10: Hermione by nuw255 [ - ] (2625 words)
Harry’s two oldest friends write him back.
11. Chapter 11: Correspondence by nuw255 [ - ] (3561 words)
Hedwig gets a bit of a workout.

The format of this chapter is very different from anything else in this story, but it seemed to be the best way to move things along.

12. Chapter 12: “I smell a rat.” by nuw255 [ - ] (2777 words)
Let’s just say this chapter is where things REALLY get interesting.
13. Chapter 13: The Burrow by nuw255 [ - ] (3622 words)
Harry heads for the Burrow. What will he find when he arrives?
14. Chapter 14: Questions and Answers by nuw255 [ - ] (4954 words)
Harry tells his story to the Weasleys, and receives answers to some of his questions.
15. Chapter 15: Confrontation by nuw255 [ - ] (3759 words)
Dumbledore takes Harry to see his legal guardian. That’s all I’m saying.
16. Chapter 16: A Bumblebee by nuw255 [ - ] (1925 words)
Harry accidentally lets something slip, causing him to learn a shocking lesson.

Sorry about the added wait on this one; my wife had surgery and I had to take care of her. Everything's fine now, though, so here it is!

17. Chapter 17: Harry’s Dream Girl by nuw255 [ - ] (3523 words)
After 17 out of 18 chapters, we’ve finally come to the real beginning of shippiness in this story! If you’re like me, you’re cheering after reading that. If not, I apologize, but you were warned. :) What will Harry do when he sees Hermione? Is she the girl he’s been dreaming about?
18. Chapter 18: Back to the Beginning by nuw255 [ - ] (5717 words)
Harry gets to spend a little time with Ron and Ginny. But unexpected visitors arrive at the Burrow with a rather disturbing message.

This is the last chapter of A Stolen Past. I hope you all stick around for the sequel.