Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Truth, Dare, or Double Dare by MrsRuebeusHagridDursley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Another not funny chapter. (However, a few of the Dares are quite humorus if I do say so myself.) This chapter explores Lily a little bit, her thoughts are in italics.

Thanks again to Phily for the awesome betaing! Remember to review! Also, if you would like to be dared or asked a truth in one of the later rounds, just leave your name in a review. EDIT: Sorry, no more reviews for putting people in. You can still submit one of course, but no more guarantees. I'm so sorry guys! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“W-w-w-what?” Lily stammered. She hoped that she had heard wrong.





“You heard me, Lily, kiss James,” Jessie confirmed, looking positively delighted.





“I will not kiss Potter,” Lily said through clenched teeth.





“Then you have to quit,” Jessie stated, matter-of-factly.





“And forever go down as a coward,” Sirius added.





Lily groaned. He’s right, she grimly admitted to herself. So, determined, she stood up. James immediately followed suit. As they moved closer together, Lily was astounded that the whole room couldn’t hear her heart beating. All too soon, she and James were close, very close. Lily realized that it was the closest she had ever been to James Potter. It felt strange, as if she didn’t know him nearly well enough.





“Listen, Lily, if you don’t want to do this, its okay,” James whispered in Lily’s ear.





“I have to,” Lily said, just as softly, wondering what James was getting at. This isn’t like him, she thought to herself.





“I mean, I’ll quit for you. I’ll announce that I quit, and then you don’t have to kiss me, but you still get to play.”





Lily was touched by what was actually genuine concern in James’ voice. “It’s okay, James.”





And so they kissed. Several people wolf whistled. Lily, on the other hand, was determined not to let the kiss sweep her away. Carefully, she kept her mind on counting the seconds until she arrived at ten, and broke off the kiss. She quickly sat down in her spot, looking at nothing but the floor.





“Lily, it’s your turn,” James said gently. “Plus, you get three points.”





Lily looked up. It was her turn. Revenge time, she thought. The problem was that she didn’t know whom she wanted to take revenge on. There was James, of course. But he had sounded so sweet. I’ll leave James alone, for now. So who else? Sirius? Was the kiss his idea? Or was it Jessie’s? Could I take revenge on both with one dare? As for that, Lily decided not to. She would have to single one out. But who? she thought frantically. Sirius will take a double dare of course, but I don’t know about Jessie. So she decided to go with Sirius. Now for a dare, what does Sirius like? Peter’s was good, but mine has got to even be better. She thought for a moment, but came up with nothing. Finally, “Truth, Dare, or Double Dare, Sirius?”





Sirius puffed his chest out importantly. “I’ll take Double Dare number two, Lily.”





“OK then, I Double Dare you to be nice and kind to everybody for an entire week.” Now it was Lily’s turn to grin.





“A whole week!” Sirius shouted, aghast.





Everyone in the common room roared with laughter.





“Well, Sirius, can you do it?” Lily asked, smiling.





“Of course I can,” he said. And so the game went on.





There were lots of dares. Some of funniest were when someone Dared a quiet, conservative girl named Alice to go around school the next day wearing bunny ears and a tail, Frank Longbottom was Double Dared to wear a muggle clown suit for the next week, and a girl named Anna was Dared to read a book for twelve straight hours. No one picked a truth, as they didn’t seem to feel like revealing a part of themselves to the group. Lupin’s turn came and went, making it James’ turn again.





Sirius stood up, cleared his throat dramatically, and said, “At the end of round one, the score stands, Peter: one, Lily: three, and everyone else will get their points when they do their dares.”





Several people asked if there was to be another round.





“Sure,” said James. “I’ll go then, Jessie, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare.”





“Double Dare,” Jessie replied.





“I Double Dare you to bring a wild llama to McGonagall’s class tomorrow, and make sure it will cause the maximum, possible amount of disruption.”





Once again, everyone laughed.





“Okay,” Jessie answered. Her happiness had begun to evaporate.





“James, can I talk to you in private?” Lily asked.





James looked surprised, but said, “Sure.”





Lily took James by the hand, and led him out of the portrait hole, into the corridor outside. “Why did you do that?” she asked.





“Do what?” James looked confused.





“Give Jessie that Double Dare.”





“She wanted a Double Dare.”





“But why did you ask her?”





“Because, the Double Dare she and Sirius cooked up was mean. You had already gotten your revenge on Sirius, so I decided to take it on Jessie, for you.”





Lily was stunned. What’s he playing at? she asked herself. I thought that all he cares about is him. So why is he helping me? “Let’s go back to the game,” she said, out loud, turning on her heel and marching back through the portrait hole. James followed after her, curious as to why she was acting so strangely.





“Finally, you’re back,” Sirius said to James, as he sat down. “I can take my turn now.”





The game progressed without further incidence. There weren’t any remarkable dares, and once again, no one picked a truth. It was by mutual decision that they should break off the game at the end of round two, leaving the fire to die out in an empty room. No one could possibly anticipate what would happen the next day, when they took their dares to the school.