Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Truth, Dare, or Double Dare by MrsRuebeusHagridDursley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: So, I hope I got everyone's names into the story. I apologize sincerely if I didn't. If I missed you, please feel free to take a cookie. Also, I don't think everyone who requested their name got equal parts. Again, I aplogize for this. That's just how it worked out. Feel free to have a cookie to ease your pain.



I also apologize that it took so long to get this chapter up. Please forgive me! *gives out more cookies in apology*



******************************************************************************
After lunch ended, the Gryffindors headed up to the second floor for Charms class. They had their test today and Lily had made her decision.

“Do you think she’ll fail it?” Peter whispered to Remus.

“I don’t know,” Remus replied.

James and Sirius (who had been listening in on their two best friends) said quite loudly and in tandem, “I hope she does!”

“Actually, I do, too,” Remus said, a smile creeping onto his face.

“And me!” Peter exclaimed.

Just then, Professor Flitwick opened the classroom door and the class filed into the room. When everyone was seated, Professor Flitwick cleared his throat and spoke in his squeaky voice. “Class, it is time for your test. You may have the whole of this lesson to work on it, starting now.”

With that, Professor Flitwick began walking between the desks, handing out papers. He didn’t seem to notice that over half the class was looking at Lily, who was, in turn, staring at her test. She then dipped her quill into her ink jar and began to write. Not wanting to look like they were copying, everyone quickly averted their attention back to their own tests.

Lily used her freshly dipped quill to write her name down on the piece of parchment. There we go, she thought when she was done. The one question that I’m going to get right on this test. She smiled to herself. Then she looked at the first question.

1. What is the incantation for a Color-Change Charm?

Below, Lily scribbled her answer. Wingardium Leviosa! Because she was taking a maximum of three seconds on each question, she finished long before anyone else. Not wanting to look suspicious to Flitwick, she began to plan her strategy for that night’s round of the game, scribbling on a spare piece of parchment.

“Okay, Class. Please bring your quizzes up to the front,” squeaked Professor Flitwick.

Lily stood up with the rest of the class and put her paper at the top of the pile with a flourish.

As she was walking out of the door, James caught her by the arm. “Did you do it?” he asked eagerly.

“Do what?” Lily asked in return, walking away with a grin on her face.

James ran to catch up with her. “Are you coming tonight?”

“Maybe.”

“Don’t you want to go with Jessie; your best friend? A real friend wouldn’t leave her alone.”

Lily had to laugh. “Jessie isn’t coming tonight. McGonagall gave her two weeks worth of detention for that llama.”

“Oh,” James said. “So, are you coming tonight?”

“Only if you’re nice to me.”

On that note, Lily and James parted ways, each heading for their seperate classes.




That night, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were the first to arrive in the Room of Requirement. Slowly, at first, then in droves, more and more people began to appear.

“Where is she?” asked James, standing on tiptoe, trying to see through the crowd.

“Face it, mate, she’s not coming,” said Sirius, patting his friend on the back.

“But I was nice to her all day,” James whined.

“Maybe, you ought to ‘require’ her. Then she’ll appear over here!” joked Peter.

Sirius and Remus laughed, James just shrugged. Just then, the door swung open again and Lily entered.

James punched Sirius on the arm and whispered, “We can start now.”

Sirius followed James’ gaze to Lily. He rolled his eyes, but magnified his voice and stood up. “Okay, so we have to go over the rules. Here’s how this works. We all sit in a circle and play Truth or Dare. But, this is Truth, Dare, or Double Dare. It uses a point system, and whoever gets the most points wins. A Double Dare is worth three points, a Dare; two, and a Truth; only one point. You can ask anyone you want, but the next turn to ask will go to the person on your right. You are given one option to reverse the order. Oh, and if anyone in Gryffindor got points last night, you don’t have them any more because we all have to start with zero. And if you did a Dare today, you don’t get the points either.”

Some of the Gryffindors grumbled about this, but did nothing.

“Now get in a circle,” Sirius ordered. “And then we’ll start with… Lily.”

“Why me?” Lily asked.

“Because I said so.”

Lily rolled her eyes. “Fine.” Once everyone was assembled into a messy circle, Lily started the game.

“Sirius, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

“Double Dare.”

“I Double Dare you to be nice and kind to everybody for an entire week.”

“Hey, that’s not fair! You used that one last night.”

“So? You said what happened last night doesn’t count anymore.”

James laughed. “You ‘gotta do it, mate.”

“I know, I know,” Sirius sighed. “I’ll do it.”

A Hufflepuff girl to Lily’s right continued the game. “Schmergo,” she addressed a Gryffindor girl with fluffy hair on the other side of the circle. “Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

“Truth.”

“What are you most afraid of?”

“Pineapples,” Schmergo said, with a matter-of-fact air.

Everyone in the room laughed but Schmergo seemed completely unfazed.

“Pineapples?” someone repeated.

“Yeah,” Schmergo replied. “I have very severe allergic reactions to them. I could die if I eat too many.”

All laughter ceased.

“Well,” continued Sirius, now a bit awkwardly, “you get one point, Schmergo.”

Schmergo just smiled and nodded.

Play continued with another girl; this time a Slytherin. She turned to the girl next to her and asked, “Rachel, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

“Er, Truth.”

“If you could marry one Professor, who would it be?”

“A Professor?” repeated Rachel, dumbfounded.

“That’s right.”

“Er,” Rachel shifted uncomfortably. Then she mumbled a name, very quietly.

“Who?” the room chanted.

“Professor Handley,” said Rachel, louder this time.

Professor Handley was the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that year. He was tall and broad, with lots of muscles. He had dark hair, and intense eyes; no student in the school could argue that he wasn’t good looking.

“So, Rachel gets a point,” said Sirius quickly. That was not a very exciting play. “Now it’s your turn, Rachel.”

“Right,” Rachel said, turning to face the girl who had just dared her. “Leah, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

“Dare,” answered Leah, promptly.

“I Dare you to set off a load of Dungbombs in the Great Hall tomorrow, during breakfast. And make sure the smoke spells your name when they go off.”

“Fine,” Leah said, looking displeased.

Now it was a Ravenclaw’s turn. “Jennifer, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

Jennifer was a shy young girl who had a reputation for speaking very little within a group. “Truth,” she mumbled quietly.

“Then tell us who you fancy.”

As Jennifer turned bright red and looked down at the floor, Sirius smacked his forehead with his palm.

James patted him sympathetically on the back, whilst Remus muttered, “They’ll get better.”

“Okay…” Jennifer was going bright red now. “I like Todd.”

“Which ‘Todd’?” someone asked.

“Todd P,” Jennifer replied, still growing red.

Play then proceeded rather uneventfully. The Gryffindors, Catherine and Izzie, were both Dared to dress up as animals (a bear and a dog, respectively). Some Ravenclaws, Bill and Gwen Shiz, were both asked whom they liked (no one, and some Ravenclaw named Nick), and Sirius might have caused himself permanent head damage as he hit his head on the wall so hard when the “ruckus causing Dare” Rachel was given actually turned out to be that she had to wear a skirt the next day. Finally, play looped back around to Schmergo.

Schmergo looked at the Hufflepuff, who had asked her a Truth at the beginning of the game, right in the eye and said, “Sammie, Truth, Dare, or Double Dare?”

Sammie glared straight back at Schmergo, full of confidence, and said, “I would like a Double Dare.”

“I Double Dare you to proclaim your undying love for Professor Dumbledore at breakfast tomorrow; before Leah sets off her Dungbombs. And, make sure the entire Hall can hear you.”

The room laughed as a whole.

“Finally,” shouted Sirius, “Something exciting! A good one!”

Sammie didn’t seem put-off at all. “Sounds like fun,” she said, grinning.

Hours later, the Room of Requirement was emptying out. Several people were blushing, some looked nervous, and others couldn’t contain their laughter. The Marauders were the last remaining in the room.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow.”