Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Serpent's Eye by Marauder9744

Printer
Summary: A 7th year fic in which Harry, Ron and Hermione search for the remaining Horcruxes and ultimately battle Voldemort. Post HBP; in canon, no slash. H/G R/Hr

Chapter 25 is up; Chapter 26 is with my beta!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 25 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 101902 Viewcount: 103093
Published on: 01/06/07 Updated On: 10/16/07





1. Chapter 1 - Return to Privet Drive by Marauder9744 [ - ] (1398 words)
Well, here's Chapter 1 - it's really short, I know, but once the story gets going, around Chapter 4 or so, the chapters will get much longer. I hope everyone enjoys, I've been planning this for quite some time. I'd like to thank my wonderful beta, LucyLupin - I couldn't do it without you. Enjoy, everyone!

Chapter 1 - Harry returns to his hated childhood home with some problems along the way, obviously; Harry is paid a visit by some old friends.

2. Chapter 2 - Betrayal by Marauder9744 [ - ] (2007 words)
Thank you all for reading! I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. If you’re at all upset about the length of the chapters – don’t worry. I’ve written 17 chapters as of now and they’re all roughly 3500-4000 words a piece. Finally, a special thanks to my beta, LucyLupin… you’re awesome! Thanks again, to everyone, and I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Harry learns why he hasn't received any letters, he also learns something he would have never expected.

3. Chapter 3 - Back to the Burrow by Marauder9744 [ - ] (2058 words)
Thanks for all the review, you guys are great. Also, double thanks to my great beta LucyLupin... glad you're feeling better. I couldn't do it without your help. Hope everyone enjoys!

Chapter 3 - Harry returns to his favourite family’s house where he sees a few familiar faces. Ron and Hermione argue over something stupid, and the trio (+ Ginny) discovers whether or not Hogwarts will remain open.

4. Chapter 4 - The Serpent's Eye by Marauder9744 [ - ] (3459 words)
Once again, thank you all for reading and reviewing. I really appreciate it. Also, a special thanks to my wonderful beta, LucyLupin... I couldn’t do it without you!

Chapter 4 – Harry, Hermione and the Weasleys prepare for Bill and Fleur’s upcoming wedding; Harry meets Ginny’s new boyfriend (the slimy git); Harry learns a piece of very important information concerning Lord Voldemort.

5. Chapter 5 - The Wedding by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4074 words)
Thanks to everyone for the reviews! I can't tell you how much I appreciate them! Also, a big thanks to my beta, LucyLupin - I couldn't do it without you. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far... please, please review if you can. Thanks again!

Chapter 5 - Bill and Fleur's wedding (if you couldn't gather that from the chapter title lol), a very famous International Quidditch player also returns.

6. Chapter 6 - Revelations by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4468 words)
Sorry for the wait – my beta was running a little behind. She’s still the best though – you’re great, LucyLupin! Thank you all, once again, for reading and reviewing, and I promise you won’t have to wait so long for the next update. Chapter 7 was just sent to my beta. Thanks again, to all. I’m glad that everyone is enjoying!

Chapter 6 – The Burrow is attacked; Harry learns that there are two unexpected visitors at Grimmauld Place; the trio finally tells Mrs. Weasley their plans.

7. Chapter 7 - Birthday Surprises by Marauder9744 [ - ] (5150 words)
Thanks to all, once again, who read and reviewed… I’m really glad so many of you have enjoyed the story so far. Also, once again, I’d like to thank my beta, LucyLupin, for editing this story for me. You’re the greatest – luv ya, LucyLupin! Enjoy, everyone.

Chapter 7 – Harry comes of age; Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny spend their last restful days together at Grimmauld Place; Narcissa Malfoy revels something important.

8. Chapter 8 - Slytherin's Locket by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4132 words)
Thanks again to everyone who has read and reviewed – I really appreciate it! My wonderful beta, LucyLupin, was nice enough to get this chapter back to me very very quickly so I would be able to post it sooner. Thanks so much, LucyLupin and I hope everyone enjoys!

Chapter 8 – Harry and Ron take their Apparation tests; the trio embarks on their Horcrux hunt.

9. Chapter 9 - The Cave by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4577 words)
Thanks so much to everyone who has read and reviewed, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. Also, I’d like to thank my beta, LucyLupin. Without her, this story would be going no where. Thanks so much, LucyLupin! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and, if you can, please leave a review, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Chapter 9 – Harry, Ron and Hermione discover how to destroy Slytherin’s Locket; the trio visits two familiar locations.

10. Chapter 10 - First Blood by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4152 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed thus far, I really appreciate it! Also, I’d like to thank my beta, LucyLupin, who has helped a great deal with this story – Thanks so much! I’m glad everyone is enjoying the story so far… please, please leave a review if you can. Thanks again!

Chapter 10 - Harry, Ron and Hermione return to Grimmauld Place after successfully destroying Slytherin’s Locket; Azkaban is broken open.

11. Chapter 11 - The Seventh Horcrux by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4149 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed so far – I’m glad you’re enjoying. I would also like to thank my beta, LucyLupin, who has helped enormously – thanks, Lucy! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and, if you can, please leave a review, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Chapter 11 - Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny travel to St. Mungo’s; Harry returns to Hogwarts after he overhears a conversation between Ron and Hermione.

12. Chapter 12 - Gold and Ink by Marauder9744 [ - ] (3838 words)
Thanks to all, once again, who read and reviewed… I’m really glad so many of you have enjoyed the story so far. Also, once again, I’d like to thank my beta, LucyLupin, for editing this story for me. If anyone is looking for a great beta, she’s one of the best. I hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 12 - Harry tries his best to ease tension between, who else, Ron and Hermione; Hermione turns eighteen.

13. Chapter 13 - Godric's Hollow by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4445 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed thus far! I can’t tell you how glad I am that so many of you are enjoying my story! As always, I’d like to thank my beta, LucyLupin, who has done an awesome job with this story – I couldn’t do it without you, Lucy. Hope everyone likes this next chapter!

Chapter 13 - Harry, Ron and Hermione travel to Godric’s Hollow; Harry is forced to cope with more than he originally bargained for; much to his dismay, Harry discovers that he, Ron and Hermione have been followed by some old friends.

14. Chapter 14 - Hogsmeade by Marauder9744 [ - ] (5147 words)
Thanks to everyone for the reviews! I can't tell you how much I appreciate them! Also, a big thanks to my beta, LucyLupin – I couldn’t do it without you. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story so far, and please, please leave review if you can. Thanks again!

Chapter 14 - Harry, Ron and Hermione do battle with Bellatrix, Greyback and the other Death Eaters; the trio visits Hogsmeade where they meet up with three Hogwarts students who they haven’t seen in a long time.

15. Chapter 15 - Meeting Aberforth by Marauder9744 [ - ] (3960 words)
First off, I want to apologize for taking so long with this update. I have been out of town as well as in the process of looking for a new beta. But now that I’m back home and now that I’ve found a great beta, the next couple of chapters should be up in no time. Thanks so much for everyone who has stuck with me…. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. Enjoy!

Chapter 15 – Harry, Ron and Hermione search endlessly for information on Helga Hufflepuff; the trio meets a member of the Order of the Phoenix.

16. Chapter 16 - The Dream by Marauder9744 [ - ] (3764 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed thus far! I can’t tell you how glad I am that so many of you are enjoying my story! I’d like to thank my beta, Priya, who is doing an awesome job with this story – I couldn’t do it without her! Hope everyone likes this next chapter!

Chapter 16 - Harry, Ron and Hermione meet with Lupin, Moody and Mr. Weasley; Harry witnesses a haunting event.

17. Chapter 17 - Trial and Error by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4487 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed so far – I’m really glad you’re enjoying. I would also like to thank my beta, Priya, who has helped me out enormously! I would also like to mention that, for those who may have been worried, I will continue this story even after Deathly Hallows has been released. I’d also like to mention that I will not change the story to fit what happens in DH… I’ve outlined most all of the upcoming chapters anyway, so altering it now wouldn’t really fit. Finally, I will also not be adding or even hinting at possible DH plot details once the book has been released… so don’t worry, no one will be spoiled reading my story if they haven’t yet read DH. Thanks once again to everyone who has read and reviewed and again to my beta, Priya. Enjoy!

Chapter 17 - Harry confronts the possibility of Ginny’s death; Harry, Ron and Hermione continue their hunt for The Dark Lord’s Horcruxes.

18. Chapter 18 - The Riddle Orphanage by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4680 words)
Thanks to all, once again, who have read and reviewed… I’m really glad that so many of you are enjoying the story and I can’t tell you how much the reviews mean to me! Also, once again, I’d like to thank my beta, Priya, for editing this story for me. If anyone is looking for a great beta, she is, by far, one of the best. I hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 18 - Harry, Ron and Hermione explore Voldemort’s childhood orphanage in an effort to find another Horcrux; a familiar object makes an appearance.

19. Chapter 19 - Through the Wardrobe by Marauder9744 [ - ] (5400 words)
First off, I like to thank everyone who has read and reviewed so far – I’m glad you’re all enjoying. I would also like to thank my beta, Priya, who has helped enormously – thanks a bunch! As for this chapter, there are a few allusions to the other six books that you all should pick up on rather quickly. As you will see, this chapter kind of ties the first six books to my story which I thought kind of fitting. I hope you all enjoyed Deathly Hallows as much as I did and, as I said before, my story will NOT spoil Deathly Hallows. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and, if you can, please leave a review, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Chapter 19 - Harry, Ron and Hermione descend the stone steps in an attempt to recover another of Voldemort’s Horcruxes.

20. Chapter 20 - Secrets Revealed by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4521 words)
Thanks to all, once again, who read and reviewed… I’m really glad so many of you have enjoyed the story so far. As you will see in this chapter, I cleared up a few of the less important loose ends… not anything big, but a few things that you will see. As I said earlier, and I’ll say this at the beginning of all chapters after this one: You will NOT be spoiled reading my story and I will not be changing anything I have planned in order to fit any plot twist in Deathly Hallows. Also, once again, I’d like to thank my beta, Priya, for editing this story for me. You’re the greatest – luv ya, Priya! Enjoy, everyone!

Chapter 20 - Harry and Hermione wait while Ron recovers in St. Mungo’s; Harry, Ron and Hermione travel back to Regulus Black’s house where they make a startling discovery.

21. Chapter 21 - Kreacher's Journey by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4583 words)
First off, I’d like to say that I hope everyone enjoyed Deathly Hallows! I completely loved it and thought it was the best out of the seven, but that’s just my opinion. However, nothing that happened in DH is incorporated into this story: not the new spells, not the plot, nothing. As always, you will NOT have DH spoiled by reading my story. Secondly, I’d like to apologize for taking so long with this update. My beta, who is one of the best, was out of town for a while so it took a while to get this chapter edited. That did, however, give me the chance to get some writing done, and you’ll all be happy to know that I’m already halfway through Chapter 26! Anyway, I’d like to thank everyone who has read and reviewed so far – I’m really glad you’re enjoying. I would also like to thank my aforementioned beta, Priya, who has helped me out tremendously! I defiantly could not do it without her. Enjoy!

Chapter 21 - Harry, Ron and Hermione finally learn where Kreacher has been, what he’s been doing and what role he played in the finding of the locket Horcrux.

22. Chapter 22 - Hufflepuff's Cup by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4792 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed thus far! I can’t tell you how glad I am that so many of you are enjoying my story! I’d like to thank my beta, Priya, who is doing an awesome job with this story – I couldn’t do it without her! I’d also like to say that you will not have Deathly Hallows spoiled by reading my story… that’s a promise! I you can leave a review I would greatly appreciate it and I hope everyone likes this next chapter!

Chapter 22 - Harry, Ron and Hermione go into the Forbidden Forest in an attempt to find Acromantula Venom; a few old (and new) faces are return to the story.

23. Chapter 23 - Out of the Forest by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4334 words)
First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who has read and reviewed this story so far! I can’t tell you how glad I am that so many of you are enjoying it! As always, you will NOT have Deathly Hallows spoiled by reading my story and I’d also like to take this time to thank my beta, Priya, who has done an awesome job with this story – I couldn’t do it without you! Hope everyone likes this next chapter and please review if you can! Thanks!

Chapter 23 - Harry, Ron and Hermione travel back towards Hogwarts through the Forbidden Forest; Harry has another disturbing vision; Harry, Ron and Hermione also overhear a very troubling conversation.

24. Chapter 24 - Aberforth's Tale by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4148 words)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed my story thus far! I can’t tell you how glad I am that so many of you are enjoying it! I’d like to take this time to thank my wonderful beta, Priya, who is doing an awesome job with this story – I couldn’t do it without her! I’d also like to say that you will NOT have Deathly Hallows spoiled by reading my story… that’s a promise! I you can leave a review I would greatly appreciate it and I hope everyone likes this next chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter 24 - Harry, Ron and Hermione learn what has been going on in the Wizarding world since they been in the Forest; they meet up with Aberforth and uncover a huge secret.

25. Chapter 25 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place by Marauder9744 [ - ] (4179 words)
Thanks to all, once again, who have read and reviewed – I’m really glad that so many of you are enjoying the story, and I can’t tell you how much the reviews mean to me! I’d also like to say that for those of you who may have been worried, you will NOT have Deathly Hallows spoiled by reading this story. Also, once again, I’d like to thank my beta, Priya, for editing this story for me. If anyone is looking for a great beta, she is, by far, one of the best. I hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 25 - Harry, Ron and Hermione return to Grimmauld Place for Christmas; Harry comes face to face with Lupin; an old face makes a reappearance.