Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Things Aren't Always Black and White by padfootsgirl1981

Printer
Summary:
2009 QSQs: Runner-up: Best Romance - Other Character Story


Add together one ladies' man, one Quidditch player, one werewolf, and one soon-to-be traitor. Then, mix in one imaginative idiot, one fiery redhead, one clever Ravenclaw, and one blonde artist. Stir counterclockwise until trouble occurs, and you are dealing with one of the best-loved group of friends in Hogwarts history. Follow the story of the four Marauders and four equally troublesome girls. See them deal with their first encounters of love, sorrow, heartache… and Death Eaters. How will these future Order members cope with the ordeals that life throws at them? Will love blossom in what was once thought a highly unlikely place? What do you do when the person you care about most in the world doesn’t seem to notice you at all? Will a well-kept secret shatter the foundations of a seven-year friendship? Follow the lives of these friends through their last year at school to the dramatic final battle with Lord Voldemort two decades later.

Warnings are for later chapters, and any sexual situations are very minor.

Chapter Twenty Two: "The Snakes Strike" is in the queue. Excerpt:

Perfume filled his nostrils as Emma walked passed and Rosier’s gaze lingered on her bare, pale legs as the group headed outdoors. “Don’t you just love summer?” he inquired of Regulus, a hungry sneer lighting his face.

“This is ridiculous,” Regulus announced in a furious whisper, “we’re never going to get them alone!”

“Have faith, Black,” commanded Rosier smoothly. “Girls are well renowned for their desire for girly chats. I’m sure they’ll slip off the shackles of their chaperones soon enough.”

Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 28 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 175402 Viewcount: 241201
Published on: 02/03/07 Updated On: 01/16/10





1. Chapter 1 - The Gathering by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3130 words)
I would like to say a HUGE thanks to my beta reader Pennilyn Novus for all her help in editing this chapter. And lastly a huge thanks to my friends who provide me with constant inspiration and praise. Love you guys! Now for me to shut up, and for you to hopefully enjoy!
2. Chapter 2 - Genius Meet Lunacy by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (4402 words)
Here's the long awaited chapter two folks! Again an even bigger thanks to my beta reader Pennilyn Novus for all your hard work.
3. Chapter 3 - Professor MacIntosh by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (7570 words)
Hi! I'm back, finally! I'm so sorry for the long wait, I have recently sat my GCSEs (which, for those of you who don't know, are very VERY important exams here in England which give you the qualifications which you need to get a good job), so I was furiously studying for them. I also had to find a new beta reader, and I am happy to say that star_falling13 came to my rescue. Thanks for all of your help! Right, ok, so here's chapter three, it's quite long, not sure if you'll appreciate that or not, but I suppose in a way it makes up for my long absence from the fanfiction world. I hope you enjoy!
4. Chapter 4 - So it Begins by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (5102 words)
Well, here’s chapter four, folks, sorry about the wait, but judging by the length of this chapter I hope you’ll forgive me. The delay is due to the fact that this particular chapter has had to suffer a couple of rejections, but that’s good I suppose seeing as it is now new and improved :D. Once again a HUGE thanks to my beta reader star_falling13 for her amazing speed and skill. And just as a side note I got my GCSE results two months ago *grins inanely* and I’m proud to say that I did very well indeed. I got 2 B’s, 7 A’s and 2 A*’s *is ecstatic*. So now you know why I had such a long absence between chapters two and three, I was working hard to achieve those results. So, anyway, this chapter is longer than the limit I’m allowed so please make sure that you read both parts one and two of this chapter otherwise you may just be a *bit* confused by the time chapter five rolls around. Enjoy!
5. Chapter 4 - So it Begins: Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (7502 words)
This is the second part to chapter Four so if you missed the first part please make sure that you read that one first. Enjoy!
6. Chapter 5 - The Pickup Line by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (9974 words)
Thank you to my beta star_falling13, I hope you enjoy this one, everybody!
7. Chapter 6 - Halloween by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (9997 words)
Merry Christmas everyone! I thought that I’d give you this chapter as an early pressie! Just to let you know, this chapter contains some substance abuse in the form of alcohol. Thanks once again to my amazing beta star_falling13.
8. Chapter 7 - Aftermath by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3940 words)
Yay! We're back! Woot! I'm so glad that I can post on here again, it's been slowly killing me I swear lol! Once again I have succeeded in making this chapter uber long so it will be posted in two parts! And as a side note, Things Aren’t Always Black and White has now been posted on here for over a year now. Although it may not seem like it due to the low number of chapters (damn GCSEs!!). I've also been writing it for two years as of March 16th, so happy birthday to story *waves banner*! So I would like to thank you all for constantly making my day either by simply reading or providing me with praise in you reviews, you guys ROCK! Okay, so I’m going to stop talking now and let you read as I’m betting that you’re dieing to know what happens with the whole Sam, Emma, Sian love triangle thing, in fact you’ve probably already skipped this bit! Thanks again to my super duper beta star_falling13 and thanks to moonysgirl79 for her input into this chapter as well. Happy reading everybody!
9. Chapter 7 - Aftermath: Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (7511 words)
Here's part two of chapter seven, please make sure to read part one first (logic really!). Enjoy!
10. Chapter 8 - A Chocolate Induced Revelation by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (5990 words)
Hi Guys! Chapter Eight has come your way! Okay, a huge thanks once again goes to star_falling13 and to my new second beta h_vic! With that done, I produce Chapter Eight, enjoy!
11. Chapter 9 - Gryffindor versus Slytherin by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (6398 words)
Hi, guys! Here’s Chapter Nine (woot!) and I’m afraid it’s a long one, so I’ve had to split it in half (otherwise it doesn’t fit!). So, if you hadn’t guessed from the title, this is our first Quidditch match (hence the longness) so I really hope you enjoy it! It was definitely the hardest chapter to write so far, but also the most enjoyable! Sorry it took me so long to get this validated, my bad, but it’s here now! And as promised, this is a belated birthday present for kritchen, I hope you like it! A huge thanks to my 2 beta readers starfalling_13 and h_vic, these guys are seriously awesome for betaing this chapter (16,000 words!) so quickly for me! Enjoy! :D
12. Chapter 9 - Gryffindor versus Slytherin: Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (9905 words)
Here's part two of Gryffindor versus Slytherin. Enjoy!
13. Chapter 10 - The Air of Slytherin by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (6710 words)
Woot! Update! Now, this could be the last you'll hear of me for while because as of August 5th I am in Australia for just over three months!!! *is bouncing up and down with excitement* so this is actually going to be the last update until early September, sorry! But the next chapter is a long one so yay! However, I am going to try and get some writing done whilst away so never fear! Huge thanks go to my two beta readers h_vic and star_falling13! I hope you enjoy this everyone, teehee!
14. Chapter 11 - Patroni by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (7183 words)
Hi, everyone! Sorry about the delay! I only got back from Australia a week ago and then I was ill and starting back at school so it's been a very busy week! I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter (yay I finally have two couples together!) and that you will enjoy this one too! Just to warn you this chapter contains substance abuse in the form of alcohol. A big thanks goes to my beta readers star_falling13 and h_vic, you rock! Oh and can I just say a HUGE thank you to luinrina who nominated Kirsty for a QSQ award! You have no idea how much that meant to me! So as a thank you I dedicate this chapter to you :D! Enjoy!
15. Chapter 12 - In the Dark by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (6720 words)
Yay the queue's open again *happy dance*! Okay, I have yet another chapter that has to be split into two, I went over 10,000 words again *blushes*. Sorry people! I hope you still enjoy regardless, I have a feeling you will ;)! Thanks go again to my beta readers starfalling13 and hvic, you guys never cease to amaze me! Enjoy!
16. Chapter 12 - In the Dark: Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3519 words)
Hi, guys! Here's part two (me=captain obvious!). So, in part one we saw how Sirius was coping with Kirsty's short absence. The question is, how has Kirsty been getting on? I hope you enjoy it guys, and a big thanks goes once again to my beta readers star_falling13 and h_vic. Enjoy!
17. Chapter 13 - Yuletide by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (8038 words)
Hey, guys! We have an update! Who’s up for a Marauder Christmas? Well, here it is! I just want to say a huge thank you to everybody who has read this, because this story has now reached over 12000 views, THANK YOU! You guys constantly make my day – and those of you who review fill my heart with joy! Right, a huge thanks to my betas star_falling13 and h_vic who are awesome for putting up with me and my errors (and most importantly long chapters!). Okay, now, enjoy everybody! And Merry Hogwarts Christmas (only 5 weeks until RL Christmas :O!)!
18. Chapter 14 - Love alone is not Enough by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (4813 words)
Thanks to my beta readers star_falling13 and h_vic who are ridiculously awesome! Enjoy!
19. Chapter 15 - Words (and not nice ones!) by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3557 words)
Woot! Update! Okay, another short one I'm afraid, I swear I'm ill or something! But I think you'll enjoy this one nonetheless! Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in another chaptrer as well before Christmas, it all dends on the queue wait time. But if not, I'm going to wish you all a Merry Christmas now, just in case :D! Okay, a huge thanks goes to my beta readers h_vic and star_falling13 for their amazing work. Enjoy!
20. Chapter 16 - Proof! by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (4216 words)
Hi, guys! Yay I managed to get another chapter up before Christmas!! *dances*. I'm afraid that it's yet again a small one though :(, sorry! But I can promise you that Chapter 17 will be a long one though, a two parter in fact! So here it is my Christmas present to you, and I promise you all that over my xmas break I'll get a writing (grumble - and a revising) so that I can bombard you with some more brand spanking new chapters in 2009. Huge thanks to my two betas h_vic and star_falling13, they are awesome as always. Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all! and thank you so much for making this story reach over 200 reviews! I never thought I'd see the day, honestly. So, this is it, I'll guess I'll see you in 2009! Have a good 'un guys! xx
21. Chapter 17 - Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Here's a Pair of Hole-Ridden Boxer Shorts, Just for You! by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (7102 words)
Hi there! I hope you all had a great Christmas and that you're still enjoying the festive season! Another uber long chapter right here for you all, so yet again we have a two parter! But that should make up for my recent uncharacteristically small chapters. I've also had to look for a new beta as h_vic can no longer do it :(. I’m going to miss her terribly cos she was awesome! A huge thanks goes to star_falling13 and especially Periculum who has taken on the task of being my new beta! Enjoy!
22. Chapter 17 - Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Here's a Pair of Hole-Ridden Boxer Shorts, Just for You! Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3314 words)
Okay here's part two folks! Enjoy!
23. Chapter 18 - Eclipse of the Heart by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (9045 words)
Hi, guys! Sorry this one was a bit delayed, it got rejected *my bad*! So, I hope that you’ve left enough room to gorge on this jam-packed chapter! Lots of stuff’s going on in this one, and it’s a fairly long one for you all too. I want to say a HUGE thank you to harry4lif who had taken up the task of being my new beta :D. And I must say she's doing a brilliant job. Thanks Alyssa! Anyway hope you enjoy it :D!
24. Chapter 19 - Love Will Keep You Up All Night by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (9000 words)
Hi! A bit of a delay between chapters this time, and there mayb be a delay with chapter 20 too, as I haven't finished it yet. Okay, there’s a part of this chapter that makes reference to rape, if you’re uncomfortable with reading this then I suggest you skip past the Slytherin conversation bit.

Okay, long chapter (as if you’ve come to expect anything less), and a big thank you to my beta harry4lif, who puts up with my prodding :D. Enjoy!

25. Chapter 20 - The Curious Incident of Two Wet Gryffindors in a Dormitory by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (4136 words)
Hi guys! Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for my beta to get back to me with this.I'm afraid I'll be going on a hiatus for the next couple of months as I have my A level exams. At the moment my muse is failing to co-operate (she doesn't like exams), you never know though I may be able to produce something sooner, I'm just not promising anything. But never fear, when my exams are over I will have 3 months of freedom so I'm hoping to get loads and loads written during that time! Thanks for sticking with me and I'm sorry that I haven't been responding to reviews (damn busyness) but they do mean so much to me, and I will give you all a reply as soon as I can :). Anyway, this is going to be yet another two-parter (as if you're not used to this from me by now :p). I actually have it as being just under 10,000 words but MNFF says different *shrugs*. I have a feeling you'll like this one. Thanks to my beta harry4lif for her awesomeness. Enjoy!
26. Chapter 20 - The Curious Incident of Two Wet Gryffindors in a Dormitory: Part Two by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (6078 words)
Hey, guys! Here we go with Part Two :D. And I'd savour this one if I were you and don't gulp it down too quickly ;). Many thanks to my beta harry4lif! Happy reading :D.
27. Chapter 21 - Who Said that Beauty and the Beast was just a Fairytale? by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (6756 words)
*slinkers in* Remember me? I'm so, SO sorry for abandoning you all! It took longer than I thought to get back into writing. Hopefully updates will be a lot more frequent from now on. Thanks to harry4lif for being an awesome beta. And thanks to those of you who nominated me for a QSQ it means the world, really. Enjoy :D!
28. Chapter 22 - The Snakes Strike by padfootsgirl1981 [ - ] (3794 words)
A/N: Hi guys! I can't tell you how sorry I am for my long absence! Life most definitely got in the way! I've just started university so I've been finding my feet. Thanks so much to everyone who's still following this story, it means so much :). Now this is not actually the WHOLE of chapter 22 but I thought I'd post what I have because you've been waiting for far too long. I'm starting to write the rest of it right now, so hopefully I'll get it up relatively soon, can't promise though as uni is still taking up a lot of my time :). A big thank you to everyone who nominated me for a QSQ! I can't believe I got runner-up, honestly everyone who reads this is awesome and I can't believe how loved this story has become so thank you :D! Hope you enjoy!