Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Divided We Fall by megan_lupin

Printer
Summary: It has been thought that dreams hold great value in divining unknown knowledge. Some adhere to the belief that a dream is capable of foretelling events, be they tragic or wonderful. Others believe that a dream is strictly that – a dream. Helga has a dream that shakes her focus and one that could have unforeseen effects on a friendship and on a school. Will the Founders fall, or will Hogwarts truly become the school they have always envisioned?

Written for the “New Year Challenge Two: Dreams” by megan_lupin of Gryffindor.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Historical
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 3 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 8263 Viewcount: 7135
Published on: 02/21/07 Updated On: 06/12/08





1. Chapter I: Dreams and Nightmares by megan_lupin [ - ] (3039 words)

2. Chapter II: Nearly Brothers by megan_lupin [ - ] (2162 words)
Disclaimer: Anything you recognise does not belong to me, however much I wish that it did. Instead, it all belongs to J. K. Rowling. I’m just playing with her creations for the time being. However, anything you do not recognise does belong to me.

Summary: “Not a single one of us can honestly deny a love for this castle, for joy at the success of such a long and trying dream. I mean, years passed as this achievement remained nothing more than an idea, an imagining, a far off and nearly impossible hope. How can anyone truly argue and say that they do not feel love for the conclusion of such a goal?”


Author’s Note: Well, here’s the second chapter, and I apologise profusely for the delay. Despite having this story completely planned out before the writing of the first chapter, writer’s block (and other things) still plagued me all the way through with this chapter. But, inspiration struck, and I’d like to dedicate this chapter to both Romina Stephanie of HPFF, for recommending Divided We Fall on the HPFF forums, and L J Conks of HPFF, whose wonderful review gave me the added drive that I needed to actually sit down and write this chapter. So, a “Thank You” to you both! Also, a “Thanks” goes out to garypotter for beta-ing. Now, I’ll shut up and let you get on with reading it. So, without further ado, I present to you the second part of Divided We Fall.



3. Chapter III: Do You Believe in Dreams? by megan_lupin [ - ] (3062 words)
Summary: Helga Hufflepuff cannot remove the remnants of the dream from her mind, and only a walk around Hogwarts’ grounds can – hopefully – make everything clearer. Her thoughts wander about, and perhaps a talk with a friend will help the blonde-haired woman.

Author’s Note: Many, many heartfelt apologies over this chapter’s delay from my last update. I’m really trying to get this story to be just right, and therefore, it’s taking a bit longer to get each new part out. (It’s part of the price paid with being a perfectionist.) I don’t want to be contradicting myself or anything with this story, and while I’ve got it all outlined to the very end (and the outline hasn’t changed), the act of striving for making this story as perfect as I can get it is a large part of the delay. So, apologies for that, but here’s the next part now! Also, a ‘Thank You’ goes out to Sarah (Chained) and Alyssa (harry4lif) for beta-ing. Now, I present for your reading pleasure, Chapter III of Divided We Fall, entitled, Do You Believe in Dreams?