Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Holly by A_Pink_lady

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry for all the problems with this chapter, but i hope it'll be accepted this time. Thank you to harry_victoria, my wonderful beta!

Most days, the house where Ron, Ginny, Harry and Holly lived, was like a well oiled machine

Most days, the house where Ron, Ginny, Harry and Holly lived, was like a well oiled machine. They all got on with what they needed to do in the mornings before they went to work and if Harry was lucky; someone would clean up after all of them without him having to do it. No hassle at all.

However, today proved not to be Harry Potter’s day.

He was aching all over, badly needed to pee, and had a furious red head on his tail looking ready to kill. Ginny Weasley was chasing a terrified and embarrassed Boy-Who-Lived down the corridor, screaming herself hoarse wearing only a light blue towel.

“Harry James Potter, you are a dead man!” Ginny shrieked, her cheeks stained red from anger, embarrassment, and the heat from the shower. Harry was turning red and redder by the second as well, and was trying to put as much distance between the two of them.

 “Don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you!” Ginny shouted, glaring at the back of Harry’s head. This statement caused him to freeze on the spot and reluctantly turn round to face her. He looked like he had severe sunburn.

 “I…I…I…” Harry stuttered, unable to tear his eyes off Ginny’s body, and also finding it impossible to say a whole sentence.

“Didn’t you get a good enough look just then?” Ginny snapped, her eyes narrowing. If it was possible, Harry turned an even deeper shade of crimson as if his already sunburnt face had been splattered with tomatoes.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realise you were in the shower!” Harry replied, surprising himself with his ability to speak again. Ginny’s yelling had snapped him out of his staring, but he couldn’t bring himself to even look at Ginny’s face let along maintain eye contact.

“Are you deaf?” Ginny retorted, glaring and pulling the towel tighter to herself defensively.

“I had my music on, it’s quite hard to hear over it!” Harry said defensively.

“Well you shouldn’t just barge into rooms without knocking!” Ginny scolded.

“It’s my house!” Harry bit back, his temper rising.

So what? It doesn’t give you the right just to wander into any room you feel like, other people live here too!” Ginny said angrily, glaring daggers at Harry. At that point, Harry was extremely grateful that Ginny didn’t have her wand on her. He didn’t even want to imagine what type of hexes the angry witch would hit him with.

“What’s going on, it sounds like World War Three in here!” Holly asked, after following the shouting and coming face to face with two very red faced people.

“Your friend here just walked in on me in the shower!” Ginny spat, crossing her arms and refusing the look at Harry. She was clearly livid and was making absolutely no effort to control her temper.

“You did what?” Ron exclaimed, staring in horror at a very shell shocked Harry. Sensing that there was nothing he would do to make the situation any better, he would only make it worse. He cringed one last time turned away from everyone and promptly disappeared.

“Come back you coward!” Ginny yelled at the spot Harry was standing a moment before, as if he would actually hear her.

“Calm down Gin-” Hermione started, reacting to the situation the calmest out of all of them, except perhaps Holly, who wasn’t speaking but wincing every time Ginny yelled, and when Harry disappeared.

 “Don’t bloody tell me to calm down, I don’t see your privacy getting invaded like this!” Ginny ranted, still staring at the spot Harry was at a moment before. Hermione could also tell that Ginny was getting this angry because she was very embarrassed.

“I’m going bloody kill him!” Ron muttered darkly, his brotherly instincts overpowering his loyalty to his best friend.

“You’ll have to wait in line,” Ginny growled. “Urgh, I hate him!”

“Before you go on the rampage, I think you should go and get dressed,” Hermione said, humouring Ginny, and then gesturing to the towel still wrapped around her. In her rage, Ginny had also soaked the area around her, thanks to her dripping wet hair. Ginny turned around and stormed off to her room slamming the door behind him.

“That girl is really scary sometimes,” Ron said, shuddering after Ginny had left. Then his memory started to work again, and he looked angry. “I’m going to hunt Harry down and murder him for walking in on my sister!”

“Ron, stop…I’m sure you getting a place in Azkaban isn’t the solution. I’m sure it was just an accident,” Hermione said softly, grabbing Ron’s sleeve.

“But still-”

“Everyone’s entitled to mistakes,” Hermione said calmly, wrapping an arm around Ron’s waist, not to calm him down, but to stop any sudden escapes like Harry.

“I guess you’re right,” Ron said after the initial shock wore off. Hermione smiled crookedly. Of course she’s right! Now she had to calm Ginny down enough so she wouldn’t curse Harry into oblivion. Which, based on the loud bangs and crashes coming from Ginny’s room, wasn’t going to be an easy task.

“Shall I find Harry?” Ron asked quietly.

“You can try, but I don’t know where he would have gone,” Hermione replied, ignoring the thuds coming from Ginny’s room. Apparently, she hadn’t calmed down in the slightest.

“I have a few ideas,” Ron said, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought where his best friend could be. “Good luck with Ginny though, I think you’re going to need it!” Ron winked as Hermione paled slightly and then he too disappeared. Holly and Hermione were left alone to face the wrath of Ginny Weasley.

 _________________________________

“Harry.”

 As Ron looked at the shadowed form of his best friend, all of his previous anger evaporated. He could tell, just from the way he was standing, that he was beating himself up over what had just happened. He knew that Harry would never do such a thing on purpose, especially to Ginny. He frowned as he heard no reply.

“Harry,” Ron repeated, taking a few steps closer to him.

Still no reply.

“She didn’t mean it, you know Ginny. She acts before she thinks, and has a temper to rival my mothers. I don’t blame you for leaving. I would have, my sisters scary,” Ron said, placing a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“I am such a git,” Harry said quietly. Ron had no idea how he could respond to that, so he decided to repeat what he had said before.

“Ginny didn’t mean it, she overreacted, she knows that it was an accident,” Ron replied, taking a firm grip of Harry’s shoulder and swinging him round so they were face-to-face. Harry’s eyes were riddled with guilt and shock.

“I can’t believe I upset her so much though, it’s just-” Harry blushed and broke eye contact with Ron. If Ron knew what he was thinking at that moment, he would kill him on the spot, regardless of the consequences. No, remembering exactly what Ginny looked like in the shower was not a smart move.

 “Hermione will be able to calm her down,” Ron said, thankfully not understanding exactly why Harry had just blushed.

“I can’t believe I just left like that, I’m such I coward! What possessed me to just go like that!” Harry moaned more to himself than to Ron.

“Blimey Harry, you’re definitely not a coward, it was a ‘fight or flight’ reaction, and for once, you chose flight. It was a natural reaction, plus I think I was best that you left before the situation got anymore out of hand than it was already,” Ron consoled him. Harry stared at the floor and kicked a stone. Then finally, he looked at Ron with a ghost of a smile on his face.

“Where did you hear about that? Fight or flight?” Harry asked. Ron shrugged.

“Hermione of course, she told me about it one day and it just seems to have stuck in my mind,” Ron replied.

“She’s one smart witch, Hermione is,” Harry muttered to himself.

“Yea, she is. If anyone can help Hermione see sense, its her,” Ron said thoughtfully. Harry fell silent again.

“Thanks Ron, for not killing me and for well…talking,” Harry said finally, struggling with his words a bit.

“No problem mate, what are friends for?” Ron said smiling.

“I think I’d better stay out of the house for a few hours though,” Harry added.

“I think you should,” Ron replied, nodding. Ron knew his sister and he knew it would take her a while to calm down, particularly when it involved Harry.

“Why don’t we do something about what you told me the other day?” Harry asked, his face finally breaking into a small grin.

“Great idea,” Ron said, smiling too. Then he frowned and looked at Harry oddly.

“Just one question though.”

“What?”

“Why the hell are you standing like that?” Harry laughed half heartedly and dug his hands in his pockets.

“I just really need the toilet.”

_____________________________________

 

“Ginny, please open the door!” Hermione asked, knocking insistently on the closed door of her friends’ bedroom, which had been sealed shut with numerous charms.

“I think she’s trying to tell us something, but I can’t think what!” Holly said sarcastically. Hermione glared at her.

“You’re not helping!” Hermione scolded, stopping her constant knocking for a second to throw Holly a dirty look. Holly raised her eyebrows, then looked thoughtful. A moment later, she strolled over to the door and muttered loud enough for Ginny to hear,

“Harry’s just came back, here’s your chance!”

After a moment of scuffling, the door was thrown open and Ginny was standing in front of them, her face was flushed with anger.

“You fell for it!” Holly said smugly, but then fell silent after the murderous glare Ginny threw her. Ginny muttered something that sounded like ‘bloody immature’ and tried to shut the door again, but Hermione stuck her foot in the doorway, blocking it from closing.

“Move. Your. Foot,” Ginny said through gritted teeth.

“This is ridiculous-”

“Are you calling me ridiculous?” Ginny growled accusingly at Hermione.

“No, this whole situation is ridiculous,” Hermione said patiently.

“You know Harry didn’t do that on purpose, he’s not like that!” Ginny tugged at the door, hoping in vain it would close, but Hermione refused to budge. Hermione looked directly into Ginny’s eyes in a pointed way as if to say ‘calm down and think more rationally’. It didn’t work.

“Stop staring at me like that. I’m not apologising! I did nothing wrong.”

Hermione huffed indignantly. “Why do I live with a group of people who are so infuriating?”

Ginny raised an eyebrow at Hermione challengingly. Hermione crossed her hands over her chest in response. Neither of them budged.

“Oh this is stupid, Accio Ginny!”

There was a loud screech as Ginny was dragged out of her room by the summoning charm. Her wand flew out her hand and through her open bedroom door. Getting back to her feet, Ginny advanced on Holly, her damp hair almost crackling with fury.

“You didn’t just do that…” Ginny whispered looking both shocked and angry. Holly started to back away.

“Okay, maybe that wasn’t such a smart move…Hermione a little help here!” Holly called out, starting to sound a little hysterical as Ginny took a few more steps towards her. Ginny then glanced at Hermione, and at her wand.

“Hermione, could I please borrow your wand so I can teach our little future friend a lesson?” Ginny said, her voice laced with sweetness, her eyes promising vengeance. Hermione too backed away, shaking her head.

“No way, I’m not gonna help you curse her,” Hermione replied, holding her wand behind her back. Ginny acted like she hadn’t heard her.

“I haven’t used my Bat Bogey curse for a while…” Ginny muttered.

“Oh come on, you don’t want to curse me! I’m here to help you, remember? I only did that to get you out your room, didn’t I Hermione-Hermione?”

As Holly went to address the bushy haired witch she was shocked to find that she wasn’t there. Eyes wide, she stared at Ginny again. It was then Holly noticed the dark rings around her eyes. Ginny was tired, if not exhausted. That, coupled with lack of caffeine made Ginny much less understanding and forgiving than usual. In other words, Holly was in trouble. Ginny took a step forward, her hand twitching towards Holly’s wand.

“Ginny, stop!” Hermione half shouted. Holly and Ginny’s heads snapped towards Hermione who was rushing towards them with a goblet.

“Where did you go? I turned around and you were gone!” Holly said, confused. Hermione didn’t even look at her.

“Ginny, drink this, you’ll feel better after this!” Hermione said, thrusting the goblet towards Ginny, who eyed it suspiciously.

“What is it?”

“It’s a mixture of your extra strong coffee, pepper up potion, and chocolate. Remus recommended adding the chocolate. I don’t think you slept very well last night,” Hermione explained quickly. Hesitating for a moment, Ginny looked at Hermione, then took the goblet from Hermione and virtually swallowed all the contents in one.

“Oh that’s quite nice…” Ginny muttered, drinking the rest. A moment later, Ginny relaxed and closed her eyes, smiling. A minute or so later, her eyes snapped open and her mouth made an ‘O’ shape. She looked shocked.

“Oh Merlin, I can’t believe what I’ve done!” Ginny moaned, putting a hand to her head in exasperation. “Damn me with my stupid short temper!”

“Your temper is part of who you are. Harry knows that and he also knows that you’re particularly cranky first thing in the morning before you’ve had caffeine and something to eat, and that he should keep his distance,” Hermione said rationally, patting Ginny on the back. Ginny looked at Holly and bit her lip.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to overreact like that, I don’t know what came over me, I just felt so angry for no reason and…”

“Don’t worry about it, it happens to the best of us! You don’t know how many times I came close to cursing my cousins…I even cursed them a few times…but that’s a long story,” Holly said, grinning. Ginny looked relieved.

 

“I can’t believe I overreacted like that, Harry will never forgive me. I don’t hate him!”

 

“Of course he’ll forgive you!” Hermione insisted.

 

“Harry and Ron will probably be gone for a few hours, so we don’t have to worry about them,” Holly added. Ginny looked a little relieved and sighed.

 

“Well, I’ll just have to deal with him when he comes back,” Ginny stated, darting back into her room for a moment and coming back, brushing her damp hair.

 

As the three of them walked slowly to the sitting room, Hermione said to no-one in particular, “I wonder if Ron found Harry.”

 

“Knowing them, I’m pretty sure he has,” Ginny said thoughtfully. “But I don’t know what they’ll be doing.”

 

“Oh, I hope they don’t pull any stupid stunts and get themselves in trouble,” Hermione said, managing to sound both worried and stern at the same time, a feat not easy to master. Hermione was remembering their years at Hogwarts and how Harry was a trouble magnet. Although they were older, they still acted like teenagers.

 

“They’re Gryffindors, what else would you expect?” Holly joked, grinning. Hermione rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m sure they’ll be fine,” Ginny assured her. Holly nodded. Then Holly glanced offhandedly at the calendar, grinning as she noticed the date.

“Ginny, what are doing the Friday after this one?” Holly asked casually, still smiling.

“Nothing, why?” Ginny asked, looking curious.

“Well, make sure you keep that day free because you will be becoming an Aunt then,” Holly said, her smile growing as she saw the excitement on their faces.

“Are you sure?” Ginny asked excitedly.

“As long as everything goes to plan, she’ll be born then,” Holly said, nodding.

“It’s a girl?” Ginny whispered, her eyes sparkling.

“Yep.”

“I’m gonna be an Aunt!” Ginny squealed, jumping up and hugging Hermione excitedly, then turning round and hugged Holly as well.

“This is so exci-wait, how do you know when she’s born?” Hermione asked.

“She is, was a friend of mine,” Holly explained. Ginny and Hermione looked at Holly with sympathy. Sometimes, they forgot how much Holly had given up coming here.

“When they tell you though, you’ve got to act surprised!” Holly said, now smiling. Hermione and Ginny nodded feverously. Each of them looked at each other, and for some unknown reason, cracked up with laughter.

_____________________________________

“I think I’ve chosen one,” Ron announced, looking slightly nervous as he showed the object to Harry, who smiled approvingly.

“It’s perfect,” Harry replied. Ron relaxed, looked thoughtfully at the item on his hand again, and came to the conclusion that it was the right one. The more Ron looked at it, the more he was convinced. Nervously, he walked over to the counter and purchased it, thankful for the considerable pay the Ministry gave him. He pocketed it carefully and followed Harry out of the shop, his moneybag now empty apart from a few Sickles.

“Maybe we should go back now,” Ron said, noticing that the sun was just starting to set, staining the sky scarlet.

“I think we’ve been gone long enough,” Harry replied, thinking that the day was pretty well spent. Not only had they got what Ron wanted, but Harry had also remembered to send his letter. Grinning at his best mate, they both disappeared with a pop, reappearing in the unused alleyway near Harry’s home. This was not only so they wouldn’t accidentally appear in front of an unsuspecting Muggle, but also to give them a little time to prepare for facing the girls again.

As the two silently walked back to his house, Harry could hear the ground crunching under his feet, the far off sound of a bird, and the even more distant sounds of people talking as his nerves started to emerge again. One of the only things Harry was truly afraid of was Ginny. He hated arguing with her, it just didn’t feel right, almost unnatural. He loved it when she was laughing, and smiling. Just seeing her would always brighten his day, but at the same time, made him ache inside. It hurt so much to be so close to her, yet so far. Merlin, he wanted to hold her, and kiss her and never let go- stop it, she’s moved on, that’s ancient history! She doesn’t see you that way anymore and you shouldn’t too! Harry thought. He frowned, trying to shift his thoughts away from the long red haired Weasley, with no avail.

“Earth to Harry?” Ron said jokingly, nudging Harry’s arm. Harry blinked and tried to give his best friend his full attention.

“Please say something, Harry, you’re starting to scare me,” Ron said, his eyebrows raising as he studied Harry.

 “What? Sorry,” Harry muttered, finally able to push thoughts of Ginny out of his mind.

“You had that look on your face again, you know, like the one you had when we were searching for the Horcruxes, when you hadn’t slept for weeks.”

“What, the half dead look? Thanks!” Harry replied, coming back to his senses and chuckling quietly.

“No, you know what I mean, that your minds off somewhere else,” Ron said, grinning good-naturedly. Harry looked at the grey floor, not wanting to realise his mind was off with Ginny. One of the bad things about being in love with his best friends little sister was the fact he couldn’t talk about it with him, he’d probably chop off his unmentionables for having such thoughts about his baby sister. Harry was pretty sure that Ron, and all the other Weasley brothers, would still be in denial that Ginny had actually grown up even when she was married with children. Harry’s insides twisted involuntarily at the thought of Ginny marrying and having children with anyone else apart from him.

Harry took a gulp of air before he slowly started to open the door, wondering what was in store for him. As the two of them walked anxiously towards the sitting room, Harry was able to hear muffled voices.

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Harry asked nervously, his stomach turning.

“There’s no use asking me. They’re girls, who knows what they’re thinking,” Ron replied, also looking on edge. As Harry placed his hand on the doorknob, ready to open it, the door swung open, revealing a slightly pink Hermione. The second she caught sight of them, her eyes narrowed and her voice became stern.

“Where have you been all day?” Hermione demanded, not looking very happy.

“We were…out,” Ron said shiftily, looking anywhere but at a pretty angry Hermione.

“Oh, I never thought of that! That really narrowed it down!” Hermione said sarcastically, putting her hands on her hips.

“Is that them?” the voice of Ginny called out.

“No, I think Hermione’s telling off the pizza guy,” Holly replied in a very sarcastic tone. Harry and Ron had to suppress a grin and looked at Hermione with straight faces. She looked at them sternly for a moment, then pulled them roughly by the tops and into the room. Holly and Ginny were on the sofa, Holly for some reason was sitting on the sofa upside down, but her eyes were fixed on the boys. Harry felt himself flush as he came into eye contact with Ginny. He quickly looked away and started at the floor as if it was of great interest.

“Oi, wake up and pay attention, Potter!” Ginny’s voice rung through his head like the bell from Hogwarts. He jumped slightly, but didn’t look up from the floor.

“I’m sorry,” Harry mumbled at the carpet a moment later.

“What? Sorry, I didn’t catch that?” Ginny said sweetly, obviously trying her hardest to heighten Harry’s embarrassment. Although she was quite astonished that Harry had actually apologise so quickly, she still wanted to publicly embarrass him. Harry felt the blood rush to his head as he muttered louder,

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have walked in without knocking first.”

“Yes, you should have. But for what it’s worth, I’m sorry for overreacting like that,” Ginny said softly.

“No you have nothing to apologise for, it’s all my fault,” Harry said, finally gathering the Gryffindor courage to look Ginny directly in the eye.

“But my temper-” “No, stop, don’t. Your temper is what makes you you, I don’t want you to change it and I’m sure as that hell that I don’t want you to apologise for it!”

“But-”

“I don’t want to hear it, you’ve done nothing wrong,” Harry replied, looking at her sternly. Ginny cheeks had turned pink and without think, she threw her arms around him. Ginny suddenly felt horribly embarrassed as she realised what she had just done. She was hugging Harry tightly, she could feel his heart beating wildly in his chest, his hair was tickling her ear, and his aftershave smelt fresh and just so Harry. Hurriedly, she let go of him and mumbled something to the floor, stepping away from Harry. If she had looked up, she would have seen Harry turn redder than her hair. Everyone was so distracted by the two red faced people in the middle of the room, that they didn’t notice Holly head butting the pillows in frustration. As much as she didn’t want to see them snogging each other senseless, they were so obvious that she just wanted to shoot them. Or at least give them a good poke with her wand.

“Now that’s all sorted, I’m going to go to my room,” Ron said shadily, trying to edge towards the door. He was happy the two of them had made up; he knew they would, and now he just wanted to leave.

“Oh no you don’t Ronald Weasley. Where have you been all day?” Hermione demanded, raising an eyebrow sternly.

“We went shopping,” Ron explained, looking away from Hermione’s piercing gaze and throwing Harry an almost desperate look. Hermione looked sceptical.

“I thought you hated shopping!”

“I do, well not really. When I have to wait in every shop for about an hour, I do,” Ron stuttered, twisting his hands together tensely. He wasn’t any good at lying, particularly to Hermione. Hermione could see right through him as if he were a window.

“I do not take an hour in each shop!” Hermione retorted angrily. Ron swore. He had just put his foot in it again.

“I didn’t mean it like that-”

“But you didn’t buy anything,” Hermione objected suddenly, her hands had now found her hips again in a fashion that reminded Ron strongly of his mother. Relieved that she didn’t decide to continue the argument, Ron smiled. But once again, he realised that it was the wrong thing to do when Hermione’s glared intensified.

“We did,” Harry said automatically. As Hermione rounded on him, he pulled a few small objects out of his pockets, when then proceeded to grow into three plastic bags.

“What did you buy?” Holly asked, sounding interested as she swung round and sat up properly on the chair.

“Not much, some Quidditch stuff, some clothes for Holly, we had to kind of guess there, I hope they’re alright, and a few other things,” Harry said, peering into the bags, then chucking one over to Holly, who grabbed it in midair. Ron silently thanked Harry for speaking for him and getting him out of that tight spot.

“You didn’t have to…Thank you,” Holy said gratefully, smiling and then peering into the bag excitedly. She looked like a small child at Christmas.

“It was just a few things, some everyday wear and some robes, nothing fancy,” Harry said lightly. Holly gave them a bright smile and then rushed out of the room, evidently to try on her new clothes. All of Hermione’s anger melted away. As clueless and infuriating the two boys could be at times, they still managed to be very sweet and sensitive sometimes, even though it didn’t happen very often.

“Erm, I’m gonna go upstairs as well,” Ron said, after realising that the girls were no longer angry with him. Harry smirked as Ron quickly exited the room.

“What wrong with him?” Ginny asked curiously, raising an eyebrow.

“He fine, trust me,” Harry smiled, a knowing glint in his eye. The he left for the kitchen, leaving Hermione and Ginny to roll their eyes and simultaneously say,

“Boys.”

 _____________________________________

“Harry, you’ve got a letter!” Holly yelled from the kitchen where a large tawny owl was perched on the windowsill. Holly had stroked the bird, taken the letter off him and fed him a treat. She was stroking the bird affectionately when Harry came rushing into the room, looking very flustered and confused. He blindly bumped into the door frame as he walked in and barely missed bashing into the table. His top just wouldn’t go over his head and he was getting very irritated. Holly laughed as she caught sight of him. Somehow, he had managed to put his arm through the hole in his top where his head should have been and he was trying to force his head through the sleeve.

“Stand still,” Holly giggled, yanking the top off Harry, then straightening it out before handing it back to him; suddenly feeling very much like her mother for a moment.

“I think the bloody thing’s shrunk,” Harry grumbled, eying the top with annoyance.

“I don’t think so, I think the problem was that you were trying to put your head through the sleeve,” Holly replied, shaking her head.

“Was I? I didn’t realise,” Harry said as she hurriedly pulled it over his head again. As she looked at the clock, he swore loudly. “We’re going to be so late!” Harry muttered distractedly. Today, Ron and Harry had to go back to work, but hopefully they would have calmed down a bit.

“Well you should have woken up a bit earlier and not fallen back asleep,” Holly said pointedly. Harry glared at her for a second.

“Have you seen Ron?” Harry asked after a moment.

“Not since he was eating breakfast,” Holly replied, watching Harry dash around the room, quite amused. She wondered whether he realised that his top was the wrong was round. He was really not doing a good job with his clothing today, even his jeans looked worse for wear and quite creased.

“Harry, you’ve got a letter,” Holly repeated. Maybe I should just let him go off with his shirt like that and see how long it takes him to realise… Harry gave her a bright smile as he took the letter from her.

“Thanks,” Harry said, instantly recognising the handwriting and ripping the envelope open, then scanning the letter eagerly.

“Who’s it from?” Holly asked, curious about what the letter was about. The handwriting looked sort of familiar, but she couldn’t place it…

“It’s from Remus, I asked him if he needed any extra workers for the club,” Harry explained.

“I thought that one job was enough for you,” Holly said, for once totally oblivious about what he was implying.

“Not for me silly,” Harry said teasingly. “Remember on Saturday after training, when Hermione asked whether you would like to be a teacher, and you said you couldn’t because of the whole having no past thing, well I thought that if you wanted to, you could work at Remus’ club. He knows us, so he won’t need to look into your past, or the lack of it, you’ll still be able to help the order, and you get to teach kids defence! That’s of course, if you want to,” Harry added hastily after the strange look on Holly’s face.

“You did that…for me?” Holly asked incredulously. Harry shrugged.

“It wasn’t much, I just sent him an owl asking him-”

“No, that’s a lot! Thank you! I can’t believe you did that for me! When do I start? What should I wear? Are you sure he’s okay with it?!” Holly was now rambling happily to herself. Harry grinned again just as Ron rushed into the room.

“Thank you Harry,” Holly said gratefully after her rambling finished. She wanted to hug him, but realised it would be quite awkward, they had only just met!

“Remus said you can go and visit him whenever you want, if you want I’ll take you this evening and introduce you,” Harry offered.

“Great idea!” Holly replied cheerfully. Then with an afterthought, she added, “I think you need to change your top, it’s the wrong way round.” Harry glanced down at himself, and then looked sheepish. He pulled off his top in one fluid motion, just as Ginny walked into the room. Ginny’s eyes instantly caught Harry’s bare (and very toned) chest.

“Oh, h-hello, I thought you had already left,” Ginny said, stuttering slightly with her words as she tried to rip her eyes off his chest, and try to stop the small blush growing on her cheeks. Harry smiled at her, not seeming to notice that Ginny was starting to blush. Ron didn’t seem to notice either, only Holly did. She bit her lip. Now who’s staring, Holly thought to herself.

“I always knew you never had a tattoo!” Ron said, grinning at Harry. Harry looked confused for a second.

“What? Oh yeah, my Hungarian Horntail. Should I ask Hermione if she’s looked for that Pygmy Puff of yours yet?” Harry said teasingly, raising an eyebrow. Ron blushed and almost dropped the cup he was holding.

“Guess what Ginny? Harry got me a job!” Holly said happily, shifting the topic away from the current, and very odd, topic. She was pretty sure that Harry had taken his top off in front of his friends before, but Ron had only just remembered about it now.

“He did? That’s really sweet of him,” Ginny said after she finally tore her eyes off Harry after he had put his top on again. Harry just shrugged again.

“Harry here is just being modest,” Holly said, walking over to Harry and patting him on the shoulder.

“Ron and I have to leave now, see you all later,” Harry said, nodding and smiling briefly at them before heading to the door. Just before it shut, Ron popped his head through, called out to Holly and threw the cup over to her. Evidently, he had forgotten he was still holding it and didn’t fancy going to work holding a cup with little dancing unicorns on them. Before Holly was able to glare at the red head, Ron dashed out again and closed the door with a snap. After they left, Ginny sighed and closed her eyes for a second. Immediately, the image of Harry’s bare chest popped into her mind and she snapped her eyes open again and frowned. Things had been slightly awkward between the two of them since the whole shower incidence, but she had also realised that she couldn’t stop thinking about the certain raven haired man. Why can’t I stop thinking about Harry? I was never like that before, it was fine, well not totally fine, but now… In a sort of daze, Ginny wandered out of the room and outside, hoping the fresh air would clear her head.

Behind her back, Holly mouthed the word ‘DENIAL’ towards her and looked very frustrated. She really didn’t want to get involved in their love lives, just thinking about plotting with Ron and Hermione gave her the creeps.

Then she too, left the room, muttering in annoyance, knowing there was nothing she could do about them, there was nothing she could say that would help Ginny with Harry. They would sort it out on their own, eventually. They’d better, Holly thought, scowling. If they don’t, they’ll have me to deal with.