Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron Potter and the Next Generation by PEMDAS

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry you've had to wait for a while for this chapter...nearly there! I just needed to tweak the chapter a bit before re-submitting it...enjoy!


Ron grabbed Harry’s arm once again and pulled him to the ground. Stunning spells shot directly over their heads, barely missing them. The spells instead wreaked havoc on the Death Eaters on the opposite sides of the hallway, Stunning over half of them. The remaining few that didn’t were picking themselves off the ground, having also dropped to the floor.

“Enough!” Malfoy yelled, flicking his wand. “Accio wands!” Ron and Harry grabbed for their wands, which were now flying towards Malfoy, but they couldn’t get to them in time. Malfoy walked right up to them, and picked them both up by the scruffs of their necks. “Play time is over, Potter and Weasley,” he sneered, throwing them over to two larger Death Eaters. “Take them to the dungeons!”

Harry and Ron, dismayed, kicked and punched the two Death Eaters, but they didn’t seem to feel anything. Instead, they dragged Harry and Ron unceremoniously down a flight of stairs, to the dungeons.

***

The two Death Eaters opened the door to the murky, stuffy dungeons, and immediately walked them over to the walls. There, they chained the boys’ hands to the ceiling, so they dangled from their wrists about two feet above the ground. With that, the Death Eaters walked out. One of them turned right before closing the door. “Know this, Potter,” he said, “your father has been alerted. He should be arriving shortly to fall into our little trap.” Then the door closed, and the boys were left hanging (literally).

“Great!” Ron yelled, kicking the wall angrily. “Now we’re stuck in here! Just because Dad wouldn’t let us help them with tracking down the Death Eaters!”

“It’s mostly our fault, though,” Harry offered. “I mean, he did tell us to let the adults handle it...”

“But it doesn’t matter now!” Ron said. “It would have had the same effect...whoever the student is at the school that was talking to the Death Eaters would have lured me in here, and Dad would have still come to get me...oh, I can’t believe this!” He kicked the wall again, causing dust to fall from the rafters onto their heads, making them cough.

“What do we do now?” Harry asked nervously.

“I don’t know,” Ron muttered quietly. For once, he didn’t have a plan.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Ron and Harry turned to it, only to glare at the entrant. Sneering as usual, and holding two wands, Marilyn Malfoy was standing in the doorway.

“Malfoy!” Ron yelled angrily. “What are “ how did “ why...”

“Yes, Potter, I thought you might be wondering,” she said, fingering Ron and Harry’s wands in her own hands. “I knew you would suspect me first thing for sneaking out of school that weekend. Pity Longbottom had to see that...but no matter. Two weeks’ suspension is nothing...it simply allowed more time for sneaking out, of course.”

“But...how?” Harry asked, perplexed. “We fed you Veritaserum...”

“Stupid boy,” Marilyn sneered. “You are not as sly as you may think. Laura Ackelry tipped me off when she saw you slip the potion into my goblet that morning. I switched glasses with Damian Lestrange, who was right across from me...he was spilling his heart out in the common room all day...pretty amusing, really.” Ron and Harry were amazed that Marilyn was taking this all so lightly.

“What were you doing out-of-bounds, anyway?” Ron asked. Then, it dawned on him...the meeting that the Death Eaters had had a half-hour ago. “You’re the mole they were talking about!” he breathed. “You’ve been giving them inside information all this time!”

“Very good, Potter,” Marilyn said, nodding. “I told them in the first place that you were at the school, and decided to help them with their plan.” She began to pace, and Ron and Harry looked at each other. This could be their opportunity to escape. “We’ve been exchanging information...I learned of the plan, and I told them of you and your father up at the school. They helped me to avoid capture after the first incident with Longbottom.”

“You won’t get out of it this time,” Ron said, glaring. “When you all get caught, you’ll be sent to Azkaban with the rest of them for exchanging information with Death Eaters.”

“You don’t understand, Potter,” Marilyn said, walking right up to him. “You have no idea what we are planning after your father’s death. First, of course, we’re going to wipe out the rest of your silly little ‘Order of the Phoenix’. Next, we’ll go after the Ministry of Magic, and overthrow it, making my father as Minister. Then, the Mudbloods will be enslaved, as lower than house-elves, and anyone who stands in our way will be sent to Azkaban!”

“What makes you think you’ll succeed?” Ron said defiantly. “What if my dad breaks us out and has the rest of you thrown in prison for life?”

“Because, Potter,” Marilyn said, nose now inches from Ron’s, “we are much smarter than you.”

“NOW!” Ron yelled; Harry pushed off from the wall, who had been bracing himself as Marilyn talked, and swung to the side. His feet, swinging wildly outwards, collided with Marilyn’s head, knocking her out cold. Ron stuck his foot out and caught her limp body before she could get out of reach.

“You think so?” Ron said, smirking at the sight. Marilyn wasn’t going to be waking up any time soon. With his other foot, he carefully extracted his wand from her robes and kicked it upwards. He caught it with his still-chained hands, and unlocked himself from the wall. Then, he freed Harry, and handed his cousin the other wand. They then picked up Marilyn and chained her hands to the ceiling, with a feeling of great pleasure. Wait until the Death Eaters come in here and see this, Ron couldn’t help but think.

They ran from the dungeon, wands in front of them. Unfortunately, they were unlucky almost instantly. The guards standing on either side of the hallway outside the door spotted them right away. One of them ran to alert the other Death Eaters, and the other ran for Ron and Harry, who ran in the opposite direction. They dodged curses left and right, skidding around the corner and breathing hard. Harry’s ankle was acting up again, and he clutched it painfully.

“Ron...get out of here,” Harry said, panting. “Leave me here. I’m just getting in your way.”

“No!” Ron said, appalled. “I won’t leave you!”

“Don’t be stupid,” Harry snapped. “You don’t have to be a hero. They won’t kill me; I’m the only thing that they think will lure your dad here. I’ll be fine.”

Ron tried to argue, but at that moment, the Death Eater rounded the corner again, wand outstretched. Heart pumping, Ron abandoned his defiant cousin, who submitted to re-capture, allowing his cousin to escape.

Ron, now on his own, carefully scouted out the building. He did not know where he was; he’d taken a different staircase upstairs, and had no idea where the elevator was. He ran around for a while until he reached a dead end. Not knowing what to do, he sat down on the floor to rest. Suddenly, there was a pop, and someone was standing in front of him. He drew his wand instantly, but put it away when he saw who it was: his father.

“What happened here?” Harry Potter asked, looking at his son on the floor. “I just fought off about ten Death Eaters inside the elevator hallway...why are you here?”

So Ron told his father everything...from taking the files in Snape’s office, to sneaking out of Hogsmeade and following the Death Eater to the hideout...when he told of Harry’s sacrifice to save Ron, Professor Potter helped his son to his feet.

“Take me to the room you were kept in,” he ordered immediately. “We need to get him out.”

So Ron quietly led the way back to the room he and Harry were being detained in. He had to backtrack a few times, but finally found a corner with a puddle of blood on the floor, where Harry had been laying a few minutes before. “It’s there,” Ron whispered, signaling around the corner. “But there are two guards...”

Professor Potter, however, seemed unconcerned. He strolled right into the hallway nonchalantly, Stunning the guards and binding them with ropes before they’d realized he was there. He walked up to the door, unlocked it, and came right back out supporting Harry, who was wincing with pain from his ankle.

“We need to fix this ankle of yours, Harry,” Professor Potter said, setting Harry gingerly against the wall. He pulled out his wand again and pointed it at Harry’s foot. “Reparo.” Instantly, the oddly-shaped ankle returned to normal, and Harry gingerly put some weight on his foot, and found that the bones were indeed mended.

“Thanks,” he said, grinning.

“Now, we need to get out of here,” Professor Potter said. “I have already notified the Ministry and the other Order members...the latter should be arriving shortly.”

“But that’s what the Death Eaters want!” Ron protested. He told of the meeting the Death Eaters had had earlier, and their plan to take over the wizarding world.

“Never fear, Ron,” he said, winking. “If myself and Harry’s parents could take on fifty Death Eaters when we were seventeen, surely we can do it now, at thirty-one.”

“Yeah, but...” Ron started, but Professor Potter had begun to stroll away. Ron and Harry walked behind them, a little worried about his cockiness.

Finally, they found it...the elevator hallway. “Okay, let’s go,” Professor Potter said, walking for the elevator. He pushed the button, and the doors slid open...and a green spell hit the professor in the chest. For a horrifying second, Harry and Ron feared that he had been hit with Avada Kedavra, but the professor only stumbled backwards and dropped his wand, coughing and clutching his stomach. Three Death Eaters stepped out of the elevator: two of them grabbed Ron and Harry, grabbing their wands before they could react, and the third grabbed Professor Potter, forcing him to his feet.

“We will now see who the greater wizard is, Potter,” Draco Malfoy sneered, holding Harry Potter by the hair and forcing his wand to his throat.

“If it isn’t Draco Malfoy,” Professor Potter said weakly, still coughing from the spell he’d been hit with. “Still haven’t forgiven me for killing your father thirteen years ago, have you?”

“Guess,” Malfoy said, digging his wand deeper into his throat, making the professor gag. Malfoy then turned to Harry and Ron, who looked horrified at this sudden turn of events. “Now, kiddies,” Malfoy said, “you will witness the murder of the only they once called ‘The Boy Who Lived’. Now, he will become ‘The Boy Who Lived and Died’, which is true for any common person.”

“No common person ever did anything as great as my father!” Ron yelled angrily, struggling to free himself, to no avail. “He finished Lord Voldemort!”

“Any person can commit murder,” Malfoy said indifferently. “Even Molly Weasley was capable of it. No matter...it is time to say good-bye to your father, Ron Potter.”

Harry and Ron watched, hardly able to stand it, as Malfoy dropped Professor Potter to the ground, who had no control over his body now because of the spell. Malfoy, with hatred in his eyes, raised his wand to avenge his father’s death.


Author’s Note: Can’t stand the suspense? You’ll have to wait and see in Chapter 16 what happens to Professor Potter...thanks for reading! Please review!