Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ron Potter and the Next Generation by PEMDAS

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The very last chapter of this fic at last! Thanks for reading, everyone!


July 14. It was a day that Molly Weasley had marked on her calendar long ago. It was the day that the Weasley/Potter family would meet again at the Burrow for their second annual family reunion. But there was something extra special about today, besides the reunion: Ron Jr. and Harry Jr. would be turning twelve today. Besides the basic decorations she’d laid out for everyone, Molly had taken the liberty of enlarging two Chocolate Frog cards and hanging them for all to see.

But they weren’t just any Chocolate Frog cards. These depicted two eleven-year-old boys, now twelve, Harry Weasley and Ron Potter. The same caption read under both of their names: Currently students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry. Noted for the discovery and downfall of escaped Death Eaters in the fall of 2011. Under the request of Harry Potter, the publishers of Ron’s card had emitted the line Son of noted wizard Harry Potter, defeater of Lord Voldemort in 1998, so as to keep the spotlight on Ron, and also to make Harry feel just as important.

At noon, everyone began arriving. First came Charlie and Danielle, with Grant in tow. Then, simultaneously, Fred and George came with their wives, and their children: Arthur and Derek, and Gina (respectively). Bill and Fleur came right behind, with Chloe, Bailey and Madeline. Percy and Penelope came soon after with Gertrude and Francis, and finally, to Molly’s surprise, Ron and Hermione, with their two youngest, Leslie and Candace, along with Ginny and Veronica. The only people not there were Harry Sr., Ron Jr., and Harry Jr.

“Where’s everyone else?” Molly asked Ginny.

Veronica answered before her mother could. “My dad took Ron and Harry somewhere. He said he’d be here soon.”

“I hope they’re all right,” Molly said worriedly.

“Don’t worry, Mum,” Ginny said, hugging her elderly mother. “They’ll be fine. They’re with Harry, after all.”

Sure enough, about ten minutes later, there was a CRACK and the three missing men appeared. “Where have you been?” Ginny asked her husband.

“Out,” Harry Potter said simply, and when her wife drew her wand (to everyone’s raucous laughter), he smirked and said, “I took the boys to the Ministry with me. Scrimgeour asked me to come in and turn in some last-minute paperwork to re-apply with the Auror office. I thought they might enjoy seeing the place, since it’s their birthday.”

“I still don’t understand why you resigned as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher,” Ron commented. Harry nodded next to him.

“I told you, boys,” Harry Potter said, “the only reason I applied in the first place was because the Ministry bugged me to. They’d just replaced the human guards at Azkaban with trolls, and they knew it would be unstable for a while. They wanted me to be around you guys, in case they attacked the school.”

“But you were such a good teacher!” Harry protested. “We’ll never get the chance to learn from a better teacher than you!”

“And my Chloe was looking forward to learning from you, ‘Arry,” a silky voice said, and everyone saw Fleur walk over.

“So was I! So was I!” a voice piped up, and Grant walked up, as well.

“You’re both starting Hogwarts this year?” Molly asked, and the two kids nodded. “This calls for a celebration!”

“You’ve already done enough, Molly,” Harry Potter said. “Look, Gin, at all this! You’re mother’s amazing.” He said this aloud on purpose, and Molly blushed.

There were two gasps as Ron and Harry noticed the giant Chocolate Frog cards and ran over to them. Molly chuckled as everyone gaped. “Oh, Mum, you shouldn’t have!” Ginny said, beaming. “You just made their day!”

“Reminds me of when I got my face on a Chocolate Frog card,” Ron Weasley said, sighing in reminiscence. “My finest hour. Like fathers, like sons, eh, Harry?” Harry Potter laughed at this.

“Well, let’s not stand around all day,” Molly said, gesturing to the table. “Let’s eat!”

As usual, she had prepared a meal for them by hand, and they ate one of the best lunches they’d ever had. They talked about various things: Ron and Harry’s discovery of the Death Eaters half a year ago, Chloe and Grant’s upcoming entrance into Hogwarts, and, most importantly, everyone cheered when Fred and Cecilia announced that they were expecting a second child.

After lunch, the boys immediately wanted to play Quidditch. They then organized a Quidditch match, adults versus grown-ups. It was Ron, Harry, Grant, Chloe and Veronica against Harry Sr., Ron Sr., Ginny, Fred, and George. It was a very good match-up, or at least, the grown-ups made it that way, and Ron capped off the game by snatching the Snitch from right under his father’s nose. Laughing, they all landed, bowing to the cheers from the other kids and adults watching.

Then, at the request of Cecilia, they began brainstorming names for her new baby. Ron and Harry were instantly discarded as boys’ names “ “We have enough already! - but a few good boys’ names emerged: Cecilia liked Felix, Will and Gregory. They decided to switch to girls’ names when Fred and George suggested Gred or Forge. Some great names also came out of it: Emma, Meghan, Alexandra and Paula were among Cecilia’s favorites.

At dinner, the adults discussed work. Ron Sr. reported a party they were throwing at the Auror office to celebrate Harry Sr.’s return, which Harry Sr. didn’t feel he deserved, which everyone at the table dismissed instantly. Harry Sr. reported that he’d finally finished his paperwork to return to the office, and how he was now able to spend more time with his family. Finally, after many more people talked about their various occupations, they got onto a subject Ron and Harry Jr. enjoyed.

They decided to talk about their adventure back in the fall. “So, Ron, Harry, since it’s your birthday, why don’t you tell us again about how you found the Death Eaters last fall?” Molly asked, smiling, and the other kids agreed, wanting to hear a good story.

“Well, we used my dad’s old glasses that could see through anything,” Ron started, “and we found the hideout underground in the Forbidden Forest. We went into it and accidentally got captured.”

“I broke my foot right before we got captured,” Harry picked up, wincing at the memory, “and we were locked in a dungeon. We managed to break ourselves out by knocking out Marilyn Malfoy and stealing our wands back from her.” The kids cheered at this.

“Then, Harry got captured again,” Ron said, “but my dad arrived and broke him out again. Then, right before we got out, we were cornered by the Death Eaters. The leader was about to kill my dad, but Fawkes arrived and saved us.”

“Then, some Order members arrived, and we all fought each other,” Harry picked up. “Then, I was hit by a curse, and...well, I woke up in St. Mungo’s, so I can’t tell you exactly what happened.”

“My dad sacrificed himself to get us out,” Ron said glumly. “But then, of course, we found out he was actually alive, and the Death Eaters were discovered a few days later, all dead.”

“Three cheers for Ron and Harry!” Fred Weasley boomed, and everyone raised their glasses. The adult Ron and Harry stood up, smirking and bowing, and then ducked as several spells were cast playfully at them, to more laughter.

Much too soon, after another great meal, it was time to go. Molly waved as everyone again got into their respective family circles to Apparate home. “Goodbye, everyone!” she called out. “Chloe...Grant...have fun at Hogwarts!”

“Will do!” two voices rang out among the crowd, and Molly was reminded of another pair of voices she’d heard the year before. There was a loud CRACK, and everyone was gone. Smiling at the thought of another successful reunion, Molly Vanished all the decorations, except for the Chocolate Frog cards, which she made smaller and put in her pocket. She then walked back into the Burrow, smiling. Life was good.

THE END


Author’s Note: All right, that’s it, folks! The end. Fin. Whatever you want to call it. The fic is now complete! You are free! Goodbye, and please, before you leave, send in a review. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the end of this fic. Thanks for reading!