Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

An American Tale by NctnlBst

Printer
Summary: Missing scene fic that takes place during PoA: Maximus Brankovitch IV (Junior) is the son of American Quiddich champion, and American National Team captain. His father has aspirations of his son one day joining him on the national team and bringing home America's first Quiddich World Cup. Junior's father sends him to Hogwarts in hopes of breeding a Champion. While at Hogwarts, Junior just tries to fit in, but thanks to Ron and Roger Davis, he finds himself in a race Harry.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 5801 Viewcount: 3924
Published on: 05/01/07 Updated On: 05/06/07





1. Maximus Brankovitch IV by NctnlBst [ - ] (2480 words)
As a short explination for this chapter, I was re-reading OotP in anticipation for the upcomming movie this summer, and the thought occured to me why wasn't there any American students at Hogwarts? If Hogwarts really was, as Hagrid put it, "The greatest school for witchcraft and wizardry in the world", then it would be obvious that parents from all over the world would want their children to go there. It wouldn't be the first time that parents send their kids to a boarding school in another country. In fact, I'm convinced that there most likely are American students attending Hogwarts, but they are not mentioned in any of the books. So, I decided to write a fic about an American at Hogwarts.

I had originally intended this to be a oneshot, but once I started writing, it turned out to be pretty long for a oneshot. My beta suggested that I break it up into chapters, so now it is a two-parter.

Many thanks to my Beta Reader spazticapple.


2. The Race by NctnlBst [ - ] (3321 words)
Once again, many thanks to my Beta Reader spazticapple.