Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It's Not Meant to Be by hpluver365

Printer
Summary: Harry vents his angst over what’s expected of him through poetry. As the time of the Final Battle draws nearer, he becomes more and more nervous and tentative to continue on the path he walks. The help people give him, the hope they send his way, none of it is enough for Harry on this particular day. He finally loses it and this poem shows what he really feels, deep down inside where no one has seen before.

Note: The violence and character death warnings are because part of Harry’s rant concerns the killing of Voldemort.

Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Poetry
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 471 Viewcount: 1570
Published on: 05/12/07 Updated On: 05/15/07





1. It's Not Meant to Be by hpluver365 [ - ] (471 words)
I have a lot of people I would like to thank for inspiring me, pushing me, and correcting me. First off, thank you to one of my best friends who prefers to stay unnamed for keeping me occupied during History class by absentmindedly saying, “My soul is a trapped butterfly.” That one line gave birth to this entire poem.

I would also like to thank my friend Jana for pushing me to continue with this piece when three periods later in Math class, I had given up. A poem she had written for English continued to inspire me in the writing of this poem.

Can’t forget my wonder beta, Kate (Euphrates). I thank thee profusely for helping me with the finer points of this poem. It wouldn’t be what it was without you! Thanks for your harsh critique and your careful editing. I don’t know what I’d do without you!

Read and enjoy! And if you have the time, I’d love a review!