Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Through the Looking Glass by stareyed_in_LA

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Again, I want to thank Ritta and Bertiebott12. Chapter 3 is coming up soon.
The room was a blinding white circular chamber. Everything was white, down to the tiles. Large glass bubbles filled with a white light floated in midair. A large, white leather armchair sat in the center of the room. The setting was so peaceful, so tranquil, so white, Cho thought she was in Heaven.



“Ouch,” she shouted. Her feet started to act up again. There was a blistering pain that shot up from her feet up her legs and up to the rest of her body. She shut her eyes for a minute and opened them again when the pain subsided. Cho slipped the high heels off of her aching feet and held then in one hand as she walked across the floor in nylon clad feet. She was so tired from walking for so long; all she wanted was for a soft place to sit in.



“I’ll just rest in that chair for a little bit,” she thought, “then I‘ll leave."



The chair was so comfortable; it was like sitting on top of a cloud. Cho sunk into the warmth of the chair. The high heels fell from her hand and hit the floor with a clatter. She closed her eyes in pure bliss. All thoughts slipped away from her mind. All sense of urgency vanished. All Cho Chang wanted to do now was to sit in that chair, forever.



“You know, you need to get out of that chair sometime,” a tiny voice whispered into Cho’s ear.

“No, it is too comfortable here. Five more minutes?” Cho continued to relax in the chair and stare at the wall.



“No, get out of that chair right now. You’re keeping the others waiting for you to return.”



“Well, they can leave if they want to. I just want to sit here, forever. So leave me alone.”



“No!”



“Yes!”



“No!”



“Oh, all right!”



Cho took a deep breath and relaxed her muscles.



“Okay, on the count of three, I’ll get off,” Cho said. “But, then again, staying in this chair isn’t so bad.”



“JUST DO IT,” Cho’s conscious screamed.



“Fine.” Cho gripped the armrests tightly and preparing to spring out of the chair.

“1...2...3!”



The next thing Cho knew, she was lying facedown on the white tiled floor. There was a taste of blood in her mouth.



She hoisted herself onto her feet and picked up the shoes that where still lying next to the chair. She slipped them onto her feet and started to walk to a new door that had just appeared out of nowhere.



***********************************



This new room was paved with identical grey paving slabs and the only source of light was from a hole in the ceiling. The feeling was like being trapped in the bottom of a well. As soon as Cho closed the door, it disappeared amongst the stones.



“Damn it,” she shouted. She ran to the spot where she was sure the door had been seconds ago and then started to bang on the wall.



“Come on, open up,” she shouted before hearing a grinding sound of stone against stone. The wall seemed to be pushing against her. The soles of her shoes were sliding backwards. A dreaded sense of fear and panic registered in Cho’s mind. The walls are moving in, and I am going to be crushed to death .



Cho started to push against the wall, but it was no use. It kept slowly pushing inwards. There was nothing in the room that could stop the walls from moving in and then allow her to escape. She took out her wand from the pocket of her skirt and shouted, “Immobilus!” But it did nothing to stop the walls. She took a step back. They were so close, only a few yards from colliding into each other. Blood was rushing into her head, and her heart was pumping furiously against her rib cage. The back of her heels hit something and she fell onto her back. Cho got up and glanced at what she had stumbled over. It was a large grey stone that was set loosely in the ground. She took the stone and pushed it aside. There was a good-sized passageway set into the ground. It looked like it led to somewhere deep underground. The walls were confining Cho into a very tight corridor. Without any hesitation, she jumped into the passage way and started to fall like Alice down the rabbit hole.

********************************



Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Cho hit a hard surface. A heel of her shoe snapped, which she instantly repaired with a muttered “Reparo” and a flick of her wand. After she fixed her shoe, she looked down on the ground and realized that she was sitting on top of a ceiling grate. It was impossible to see what the grate led to, for a thick golden mist clouded the room below.



“I've seen this mist before, I just can’t remember where,” Cho whispered to herself. “All I know about this is that it’s harmless and that it won‘t kill me.”



She jerked the grate open and hoisted herself into the portal of gold mist.



“On the count of three, I'll let go,” she said. “One, two, three!”



She fell once more and was completely surprised by where she landed.



Cho Change found herself standing on the ceiling.



Below her were rows upon rows of benches surrounding a chair with chains attached to the armrests. On the other side of the room, high above her head is the door. Her long hair stood on its end and she grabbed onto her skirt to prevent it from slipping.



“Oh my God,” was all Cho could muster.



Come on, Cho, you silly girl, think! You were in Ravenclaw! You are supposed to be intelligent. Find a way to get out of this predicament without breaking your neck.



Blood was rushing to her head and was pounding in her ears. She was starting to get dizzy. It was almost impossible to think. She tried to recall if there were any spells to bring a person hanging on a ceiling safely to the ground. There were none. Except for one. She vaguely remembered hearing this from her Charms class in seventh year. It was a simple move to combat the reversal of ground and sky. The move was to simply move ones foot from the ground.



Cho closed her eyes, in case she was to fall and break her neck. Then she yanked her right foot from the ceiling.



She fell, but not onto the hard wooden benches or the cold stone floor. She landed in a cushioned armchair that faced the chained chair.



She hoisted herself off of the chair and onto her feet. She massaged the small of her back where she fell onto and looked at her surroundings. It instantly reminded her of the wizarding courts where the Wizengamot would meet to hear and prosecute cases. She realized that she had also fallen into the special armchair where the Minister of Magic would sit in during very important cases.



Without another thought on her mind, Cho ran over to where yet another door was waiting. She wondered where this new portal would lead to.