Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Glories of the Enternet: Part Two by Ron x Hermione

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Finally, the long awaited sequel to this story. I was getting so pushed by PMs and reviews that I had to just make another chapter! *huggles all readers* Some of the works I have used in this fiction I have made completely up, but others, I have borrowed from some amazing authors on this site. If you see a fiction that you know, please be informed that I have full permission of the authors to use it in my fan fiction. Thanks times a million to my lovely beta, Colores/Fresca!

I tell you, this will get interesting.
“RON! Get off of that wretched thing this instant!” a voice called from the next room.

Ron continued to stare at the brightly lit screen, not even hearing the other occupant in the room yelling at him. He had had to make the font on the stories bigger because of his eyesight, which was now gradually being taken away from him from every story he read. It had been getting quite narrow from his being on for so long. He still had to squint from the small print from the stories. His current count of not getting up from the chair in front of the computer: three days.

He had now read so many stories that they had all just started running together. He had wanted to leave reviews for some of the good authors, and even the bad, encouraging them, but he didn’t want to get a ‘penname’ because he didn’t know what it was and he figured that he would forget the password soon. That is, if he ever even got up from the lumpy chair he was seated in.

He also hadn’t spoken to Hermione since he had proposed to her. Although that wasn’t respectable to ignore someone that you’re about to marry and spend the rest of your life with, he knew that Hermione wouldn’t mind. He had found something that he loved to do: Read stories on Mugglenet Fan Fiction.

He had already found a very . . . odd sort of story about a ‘Blog’. Ron figured it was some type of journal that you typed on the ‘enternet’ with the keyboard--- the item beside the mouse. The author happened to be ‘Schmerg_the_Impaler’. Ron hoped that she wasn’t a Death Eater, because she liked to impale things. But what he didn’t know was that if he had visited her author’s page, then he would have found out that she didn’t impale things, and that she just made up that name, and she liked to be called ‘Schmergo’. But he was too excited to read about ‘Dark Voldy’.

He hoped that the text ‘Dark Voldy’ wasn’t talking about Voldemort. He shuddered at the thought and began to read.

After a two hour period of reading, at one point being interrupted by another angry version of Mrs. Weasley, Ron had discovered some . . . odd things about The Dark Lord.

Now he truly wondered why he was so frightened of speaking his name.

~ * ~

“Ronald Weasley!” another voice shouted. A woman’s. His mum. For the third time that day, she came over to where he was seated in the comfy armchair with wheels and took a fearful grip of his ear.

“Ah . . .” Ron murmured. He was so sleepy that he hardly felt her grip on him, but the old woman spun him around.

“Hermione has been here twice! Twice! She’s here again now to talk to you!”

“Oh, mum,” he said sleepily, turning around slowly in his chair for lack of energy. “There’s no more need to be so afraid of Voldemort.”

Mrs. Weasley’s eyebrows suddenly rose and she let out a squeak. “Ronald! Don’t say his name!” she said fearfully. She went back towards the door. “What’s happened? Is he dead?” She grasped her heart.

“No, but I’ve found the place where he keeps all of his secret plans. He’s not that evil, you know. Bloody hilarious, if you ask me. The Death Eaters too.”

“You . . . you’ve what?”

Ron didn’t feel much like explaining. He had already hesitated turning away from the screen as long as he had now, but he still stared at his mother. She just ran out of the room.

She came back soon after. “Ron?”

“Just a minute, I’m almost done . . .” he said, quickly skimming the rest of the story he was currently reading. The next time he looked up, ten minutes had passed, and his mum had long since exited the room. He immediately glanced outside the door, and, seeing no one waiting, went back to the romance category on the site. His eyes gradually searched over the categories, looking for something interesting.

“Lily/James . . .” he said awkwardly, trying to figure out if he wanted to click.

He soon found out that he did.

All of a sudden, Harry entered the room.

“Hey, Ron, your mother said to--- What is that thing?”

“Oh, it’s a computer, Harry! Look, I’m on the ‘enternet’.” Ron then told his best friend of what all he had been doing these past few days, and how fond he was of Mugglenet Fan Fiction. Harry nodded heartedly and listened intently to each of his words. He too wanted to venture onto this site like Ron had.

In a grievous tone, Ron then told Harry of how all of their names were included on the site. Harry immediately became serious, and told Ron to click on the different categories again. Ron notified him that he still wasn’t finished with the romance category yet.

They eventually got back to the Lily and James category, which Harry began to get a bit emotional over, but he allowed Ron to access the stories it had. It was now in the four-hundreds, but Ron and Harry didn’t mind. They’d eventually read every one of them.

Ron and Harry glued their eyes to the screen and started reading. When they were towards the middle, Ron let out a disgusted snort.

“What? What is it?” Harry asked, quickly skimming what he had read.

“Oh, that’s disgusting.” Ron spoke the words with an air of comedy, but he really meant it. Ron had trained his eyes to read much faster these past few days, and he had beat Harry to a certain part in the story.

Ron still hadn’t understood the warnings. Of course, this one just happened to be rated ‘Professors’ with a ‘Sexual Situations’ warning on it.

And you can just guess what they were reading about Harry’s parents.

They both screamed in repulsion and hurriedly exited out of that story, heaving a sigh of relief as they went to another category. Harry left soon afterward, afraid that he would soon see more of that filth.

~ * ~

“Ron/Hermione . . . Harry/Ginny . . . Other Pairing . . . Hermione/HARRY!” He first had whispered the words gradually, but when he saw his fiancée and his best mate’s category, he had angered, and his voice rose. He clicked on it and the mouse nearly broke with his ferocity.

Harry was married to Ginny, and they were expecting a child! How could Harry possibly be thick enough to meddle with his fiancée? Someone that they had both known for so long! And if Harry was playing his sister . . .

Ron scrolled down through the category, looking for an interesting story. He finally chose one, which summary stated:

A forbidden love begins as a friend realises love can happen between friends: true love. Harry leaves a pregnant Ginny to begin a new relationship--- one with Hermione Granger.

Ron’s eyes widened and chills ran down his spine. He turned around quickly to make sure there wasn’t a Harry waiting to tell him off or plead to him to understand, then squished back in his seat to read.